It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Max Keiser: Goldman Sachs destroyed the US Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Max Keiser: Goldman Sachs destroyed the US Economy

macedoniaonline.eu

Friday, 17 July 2009
There has been numerous financial analysts who have pin pointed the US Banking giant Goldman Sachs as being responsible for in lack of a better word, destroying the US economy.

Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stones magazine accused Goldman Sachs of manipulating the market, using illegal trading software (major scandal tied with the bank), positioning its former executivesin the US Administration, the Federal Reserve etc.

According to Mr. Taibbi, the creator of the Bailout and former Fed Chairman Hank Paulson was former Goldman CEO who used taxpayers money to 'bailout'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
How could this happen? Aren't there supposed to be regulatory agencies that are tasked with overseeing corruption in the economic markets?

Or were the agencies gutted during the Bush Administration so that there would be no effective oversight?

www.heritage.org...

Bash Obama if you want but I think he was handed many problems that he is not responsible for and in fact may be powerless to rectify.

macedoniaonline.eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Bash Obama if you want but I think he was handed many problems that he is not responsible for and in fact may be powerless to rectify.

Well....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can very well bash Obama!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Apparently Pres. Obama deserves his share of bashing as it's just same ole same ole.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Goldman Sachs: Profitting from CIT's Demise-and the Collapse of the US Job Market

The extent of government collusion is so apparent and pervasive that wondering whether Obama was somehow "powerless to stop" the infiltration of Goldman personnel in to his administration is disingenuous and attempts to ignore direct and provable connections with measurable consequences. Read the WHOLE OP.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is what happens, with regulatory agencies of the government, they all end up just as corrupt as the rest of the government.

Madoff was ratted out many times but the SEC did nothing. Just like GS, with the scandal on their trading software that got stolen, they admitted that it could be used to manipulate the market in a federal affidavit.

So my question is, why aren't they being investigated?

The more things change the more they stay the same. GS practically owns our government.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My friend you know the answer to that question, how can you have the power behind the US government and the fed regulate themselves.

These entity call Goldman Sachs runs our government, treasury department and on top of that the federal Reserve answer to them.

They are one of the big global entities controlling the worlds economy in behave of elite groups and is base in the US with tentacles all over the world.

Did you read the news on their new scandal in the making? they are now betting on raising their numbers by 2010.

How can they do that if they are no sure that they know where the markets will be in the future? at least for them even if the regular joes and the economic is going down the hill.

Crocks is what they are and I am not afraid to say that they need to be burn by an angry mob.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
GS is an investment bank which means they're not a bank at all and should have been allowed to fail. They are stock speculators and manipulators and get tons of inside info from the govt. It's criminal insider trading to the tune of trillions of $ but they get away with it. More Anarchy of the Elite.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Well, you know, theft is legal when you know the right people and wear a suit while doing it. At least it seems that way.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 20-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds tis hilarious

Wait, thats not funny. It makes me want to puke

-E-

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Hey that shows how the power rules behind our government I mean at least they are giving the sheeple, (sorry the people) the right to vote, but they still make the rules.

corruption that is in front of own eyes, very soon even congress will be all ex Goldman crocks.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread regarding Goldman:

Check out this Thread

Also, the person responsible for deregulating the market which allowed AIG to insure these investments was former Goldman Sachs employee Bob Rubin assisted by Gary Ginsler (current Head of the Commodities Futures Trading Commission under Obama).

Gary Ginsler is currently responsible regulating these bogus investments such as Credit Default Swaps and the Oil Commodities Market. Oil just doubled in price again as demand for declined dramatically lowest in 20 years...hmmmm

The current #2 man at the Treasury is a former Goldman Sachs lobbyist Mark Patterson!!

Goldman sold the bad mortgages then shorted the very same investments after they had dumped their exposure onto AIG.

Goldman Sachs was then also responsible for the collateral call which brought AIG down as a result of AIG losing its credit rating.

Then they call Hank Paulson former Goldman CEO and voila they get 13 Billion in taxpayer money from the AIG bailout.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sam Sedar Interviews Matt Taibbi

I posted all 4 parts of that interview.

You know here is a conspiracy that is so blatant and yet the average person just does not get that fact. Not to mention Obama selecting MORE Goldman insiders for his administrations "oversight" into Wall St. and the fleecing of the American public.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Am I the only one who finds tis hilarious

Wait, thats not funny. It makes me want to puke

-E-

Nope...you're not the only one. So, we know who the criminal ARE...what's next?

new topics

top topics

join