It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gettin' around.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
if space is so vast and it keeps moving farther and farther apart, how will we ever get out of our Galaxy into another? If we cant phisically go faster than the speed of light then it would take us hundreds of thousands of years to get from Galaxy to Galaxy. And if you go the speed of light don't you die? or just stop existing or something? thats what im confused about.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
okay. trying to reach the speed of light is useless, as something go towards that speed, its mass magnifies billions of times making its mass enormous, therefore a speceship would have the mass of the sun and it would crash into a pebble in space and blow it up. this is a basic law of physics. second, the best way to travel from galaxy to galaxy would be by bending space. Space can be bended according to a law in physics(i forgot which one). bend ur wrists al the way back, ur tips are point A on left and Point b on right, now put the inside of the forearms together. if you bend ur fingers closer to each other this is an example of how that would happen. u essentialy manipulate space to make the distances much shorter. how do you think the GREYS get here from zeta reticuli

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
My guess for traveling in space would be for us to of course be able to use wormholes, or some other form of unknown and so far untested freak of nature....
But, currently, the best way would be to send a large craft and the crew would have to repopulate itself along the way. that currently is probably the most direct path, by the time they got to their desination and few hundred, thousand years late, hopefully scientists on earth would come up with alot of answers and help them further... Don`t see that happening anytime soon, but I would of course volunteer to hop on board for the first stage of the journey.....

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's possible that our Molecular structure would change going the speed of light and beyond, entering into a dimension which would allow us to 'survive'. As Einstein said, matter cannot be destroyed. So i'd think we'd simply just change to exist in the environment we'd eventually come to inhabit.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

As Einstein said, matter cannot be destroyed.

Actually, he said that Energy couldn't be created or destroyed. Matter can be destroyed and created at any time (e.g. Matter + Antimatter annihlate each other forming pure energy).

new topics

top topics

join