It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I wed Iranian girls before execution'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But condemning one countrie laws and believes while knowing very well that they are not the only country doing the same I find it bias and still is an agenda behind that news from the Jerusalem post.

I condemn ALL backwards, extremely based on religion societies. Saudi Arabia is one of the worst. It's really not hard for me to make my own judgement on the situation in the ME, regardless how many stars it gets me. There are wrongs on all sides, but the muslim countries fan the flames just as much as the western ones. They perpetuate hatred as a matter of policy and religious responsibility, directly and clearly. They want their own people to be held down, and they are masters at blaming others for their oppression. I really don't understand how so many here buy into that diversion so blindly, but question everything western governments do. I guess it's just the nature of this site, to be against what is percieved as the dominating authority. Like the goth kids on south park trying to out "non-conform" each other. Carry on...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I know, hey let me thank you for this thread is been the most interesting thread today for me, I love when discussions get heated and so delightfully debatable.

I love you all the ones in pro and the ones against the thread.
no hard feelings coming from me at all, I am just excitable.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am going to go ahead and try to bridge the gap between marge and 27id. marge, you are absolutely right that evil knows no boundaries whatsoever, no countries, no genders, etc. 27id, you are absolutely right that this particular branch of evil, that of a sadistic power display over a young woman, is not tolerated in this country, at all. It is looked upon with disgust.

Evil thrives because of the selfish disregard for the other, looking upon the other as an object rather than a being. Both men and women do it. All races do it. It magnifies when we place our own negative subjects on the other object, and we treat them accordingly. It is possible to treat someone horribly if you view them horribly.

The following is a seeming catch-22. When living in nonjudgment and love, one cannot impose an ideology upon another. However, when living in this way, one realizes the false ideologies that give continued birth to evil. The only way to bring about spiritual awakening is to walk the talk, and live as a beacon for others, for we have this tendency to look outside. When looking outside (at a person who has figured it out, and is acting accordingly) causes a person to look truthfully inside, then the road towards love is being paved.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32

WoW... more propaganda please. I hope you know your sources.

You say this things are real and true. I have a question have you been to IRAN?

I bet you haven't'.... so why could it make sense to believe what a article tells you about a country if you never had a first hand experience.

No I have not been to Iran – you haven’t either. I did not say these things are true although I believe them to be. The sources (Jerusalem Post and the United Nations) do say these things are true.

Yep I agree with you their..... we need to denie ignorance and that starts with you and your post.

I have seen many many books and articles and eve post here on ats about hating muslims and islam religion.

Yet these same people never met a muslim and never talked to a imam to learn what the relgion is about they just read these books and watch tv hearing other ignorant phd guys spreading the hate all over america.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have defended muslims in this thread and other places as well. I do not believe that these extreme views are the views of ALL muslims.

My dad has been to IRAN and knows for a fact that this is not true. It's all propaganda.

I agree with him since it sounds like propaganda. I never been to IRAN so I can't share any experience but I am a muslim and do know about Islam but I am not a major in it.

If you want specific Islamic answers go ask a imam they study the religion to the fullest.

Perhaps you should ask an imam if these things occur IN IRAN by the government. I would be very interested in the answer and you should too, regardless of what your father tells you.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
condemnations and accusations abound!

all off the keyboards of those who don't want to be told that there is goodness in muslim countries that there is a civilized and worthwhile culture there.

Thanks for debunking the bogus UN citation.

Now then, where in Iranian penal code does it make it legal to rape?

there is nothing on any of these pages to show that and a continued linkage to a now debunked UN report.

so, why so much Muslim hate?

again: Jpost, anonymous, telephone interview.

This is tantamount to lies and propaganda period.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

See, I agree with you, and I am very happy to have you giving me such an excitable debate today, I have not been this hyper for a while.

You know that at the end of the day we all fighting for the same goals.

You are so right, when we read about children abuse we all get upset and we just can not believe that this things happen all over the world.

Sad but that is the way of human nature, some people under their believes see no wrong on what they do to those that can not defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Lee, it is a fake story, read my earlier comment and the links to the documents mentioned in the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Regarding the controversy over whether this is propaganda or actual fact, here are some examples of how the Iranian regime's penal code is inhumane and illegal in the eyes of the world.

Previously arrested for attending a party and being alone in a car with a boy, Atefah received her first sentence for "crimes against chastity" when she was just 13.

Although the exact nature of the crime is unknown, she spent a short time in prison and received 100 lashes.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

According to a special "religious decree" issued by Ayatollah Khomeini, virgin women prisoners must be raped before execution to prevent their going to heaven. A Guard conducts the rape the night before their murder. The next day, the religious judge at the prison issues a marriage certificate and sends it to the victim’s family, along with a box of sweets.

The Islamic law system known as Sharia Law, allows for heinous penalties for crimes regardless of age or gender as indicated below.

According to the penal code, a nine-year-old girl can be punished as an adult by flogging, execution and even stoning. Given the arbitrary punishments and the virtual lack of due process of law, large numbers of children have been executed, in many cases without being officially charged or even having their identities established.

Source: www.uri.edu...

And before your say that it was an Israeli-American funded propaganda created at URI, it was written by Sarvnaz Chitsaz, part of the National Council of Resistance of Iran's Committee on Women. Co-author Soona Samsami is a member of the National Council of Resistance in Iran.

A 'Houdoud' crime in the Iranian law system is considered to be a crime against the will of a divine being. Sharia Law decrees that Houdoud crimes are deserving of capital punishments. Take a look at all the crimes considered as death penalties.

Under the category of hodoud crimes, capital offences include adultery by married people; incest; rape; fornication for the fourth time by an unmarried person, having been punished for each previous offence; drinking alcohol for the third time, having been punished for each previous offence; "sodomy"(16); same-sex sexual conduct between men without penetration (tafkhiz) for the fourth time, having been punished for each previous offence; lesbianism for the fourth time, having been punished for each previous offence; fornication by a non-Muslim man with a Muslim woman; and false accusation of adultery or "sodomy" for a fourth time, having been punished for each previous offence.

The case of Nazanin Mahabad Fatehi.

In March 2005, Nazanin Fatehi, aged 17, and her niece Somayeh, then aged 14 or 15, both from an economically deprived Kurdish family, were attacked in a secluded area near their home in Karaj. A group of youths surrounded the girls and tried to rape them. Nazanin Fatehi, who carried a knife for self-defence, stabbed one of them in the chest, killing him. The girls fled the scene and reported the incident to the police.

In January 2006, Nazanin Fatehi was sentenced to qesas; the mother of the deceased had demanded retaliation.

Nazanin was given the qesas (essentially an eye for an eye), she was executed for defending herself and her niece from rape by a gang of youths.
Source: asiapacific.amnesty.org...

That's at least the first part of my case against anyone who claims that there are no human rights abuses in Iran.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
condemnations and accusations abound!

all off the keyboards of those who don't want to be told that there is goodness in muslim countries that there is a civilized and worthwhile culture there.

Thanks for debunking the bogus UN citation.

Now then, where in Iranian penal code does it make it legal to rape?

there is nothing on any of these pages to show that and a continued linkage to a now debunked UN report.

so, why so much Muslim hate?

again: Jpost, anonymous, telephone interview.

This is tantamount to lies and propaganda period.

Funny isn't it. The descendants of the European pogroms and wrongly alleged child sacrificers, descend in to doing the same to Muslims. If it was not so pathological it would be horrifying.

It's true what they say, the molested becomes the molester.

[edit on 023131p://pm3158 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah, it's good to get the mind flowing now and again, lol...i do care about the well being of children, all of them, muslim or not...we can agree on that for sure.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Clearly you object to the laws of Iran and its application to Iranian. This is roughly like my concerns of Israel collective punishment of the Palestinian people.

While I take the view that what Iran does to Iranian people is their business, Israel's routine extra-judicial killing of people it occupies is far more immoral.

Currently there are 1.5 million Palestinians being held hostage and being starved in Gaza.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
It amazes me that some people are more concerned about the possible alternative motives behind the story than about the fact that children have been so abused?
Where are your priorities? Politics or human life?

So we should then just blindly accept that this is true and not examine the source and motivation before we go on a Jihad and bomb Iran into the stoneage?

I mean it wouldn't be possible, with current tensions and hints we will be going to war in Iran anytime soon that certain people 'might' have an agenda to make us hate all Iranians so we will feel better when its our bombs blasting those kids instead?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
its a well known fact that woman are second rate citizens in some muslim households. My mother works with teenagers at a school and a young muslim girl came up to her and told her that she was to be married off to Pakistan and would probably never, ever see England again. To make matters worse, someone would take her there and keep hold of her passport so she could not flee to a british embassy.

They treat their dogs better than they do with woman. Iran is a backward country and people are sick of it. They look at other cultures and are thinking... "why cant we live a life like that?" "whose stopping us?" and there you have it...

It's not everyone; it's just the extremists and their governments that are doing it and hopefully one day Iran will be free from this poor excuse for a government that's currently incharge and they will become a modernised world and Islam will become a modernised religion just like Christianity and the rest.

Ok i'm not saying all the problems will go away but there will be far fewer than what there is at the moment.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Of course I object to the alleged law system of Iran. Sharia Law, which you may not understand, is used in many Muslim nations. It is a penal code and somewhat 'moral' code derived from the Islamic faith. It is not fair like the Justinian derived law system, and uses outdated methods to enforce the Sharia Law.

Israel is not producing propaganda. True, they want to fight Iran but when you've heard Ahmadinejad declare the desire to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth and turn an anti-racism conference into a platform for anti-semitic and racist remarks, it is obvious as to why they would have aggressions towards Iran.

Gaza are not prisoners by force, by allowing Hamas to take over as authority in the Palestinian state they are only causing problems. The West Bank is peaceful since the elected Fatah movement has chosen to lay down its arms and work for the betterment of everyone.

1.5 million Gazans rely on Israel for essential services and goods, and yet they launch rockets and attack those providing them with what they need. If the Palestinian people wish to make progress and grow, then they must refuse to use force as a means of getting what they want.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

what do you mean by Religion. I had a religion class in college. I never was told of any religion allowing raping women and children. I don't understand why would you blame religion of these crimes.

If this is really going on. Then it's the person that done the crime not the religion. People make their own decisions and usally justify it saying they are following their religion but in reality they are not. So if these people done the crime they should do the time. They should be accountable not the religion. I know for a fact Islam dosen't allow raping women and children . That is against Islam totally. That is why women cover up. They claim if a women walks around naked or showing too much skin then they would get raped. If the women got raped she deserved it because showing too much skin is a results she didn't follow islam and the punishment is rape. Islam states that if you walk around naked or show too much skin. You will be a target for rapes and will disturbed the public. That is why women and men cover up. Men have to wear pants. You can't wear shorts. However men don't have to have long sleves shirts and could wear short sleeves but they can't be shirtless.

So in short don't blame the religion. Blame the individuals that done the crime. Also don't blame the country.
You must understand that Iran's government is really ignorant. they don't have a good education. You can tell by the speeches he gives. He dosen't have a good understanding of the meaning of words to the U.S.

If you look at the U.S our president is breifed and also told what to do and what not to do when he visits countries. We have resources and education that we know what is taken as a insult in other countries and what will get them upset. I was told in the US military army. If your going to another country for a dinner or something. They give you training on how to properly eat.

Just look at what the U.S does to prepare for visits to other countries and then watch how Iran prepares. I ran dosen't prepare much. They go to other countries and talk how they would talk in their own country. The translation to meaning of words gets lost.
If you say that is cool. the word cool has many meanings to many people. One would think oh he is using slang. The Iranians would look at the word and say what is cool. the would think your talking about temperature. I notice in middle east many people that know english won't know about slang or sarcasim. If you say if your friends would jump off a cliff would you. They would be confused. They would respond saying why would your friends jump off a cliff.

or like someone said to you go jump in the fire.. and you lol and said ya I will jump in that fire it will cure my skin rash. hahaha... if a Iranian heard that or a 3rd world folk hear that they would be like what? really.... let me try. I am serious. The reason is that in most Islamic countries they are usually serious most of the time and they joke differently then compared here in America.

I hope this helps you understand that you shouldn't blame Iran nore the religion. Blame the people they done the crime and they should do the time. Iran would need education to understand what we are saying and why it's bad. I don't know if they do have such a law. I doubt they do. I personally think this is all propaganda.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have no problem with jews, like em in fact, think Israel should move to florida if the whole surrounded by enemys thing doesnt work out for em.

I have no love for islamic nations...I find their religion putrid and evil...and I am agnostic, so thats saying something (give me a bible thumping christian over a koran thumping muslim anyday..but preferrably neither)

In saying that, I would want a bit more proof of this...its incredible shock value which means its all true, in which case it makes me want to bomb the leadership and "free" them, or, its propoganda which is meant to make me want to do as mentioned.

Is there any international neutral reportings on this or is it just a western type info about iran.

And seriously...why focus on just Iran...North Korea are well documented sons of bitches also, and china (not as bad)...this world is filled with great beauty and great horror overall...eventually you realize you can only be truely responsible for how you personally treat and judge others...and maybe make the world a bit more beautiful, or a bit more ugly.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hmmm jpost again

anyway in alternative horrendous child abuse news:

www.ktla.com...

in middle america.

one turns up everymonth now as well - a female like that.

so who`s for nuking the USA then (as the calls have been for the same for iran)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If we didn't need oil, they would all be starving in the desert.

Would we help them then?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I trust the jpost less than CNN, And that is saying something. They are trying to divert attention away from their own acts of rape and torture of the Gaza people!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the props silo. I just wanted you to also know that the only way I came to these sort of understandings is to be burned many, many times myself. I learned what not to do. I have also always been a seeker type, so I think thatI, unfortunately, have even sort of played the role of a Job figure, in order to see the whole thing in play. I just hope that the world has already gotten distorted enough from what it could be that the masses of people start to see the roots. These are people who ultimately really do want to have a good perspective on things, but of course we often do the opposite just so we can see all the working in play, and so we can see how the one feeds off of the other.

Marge, you are rights that people coming from opposite ends really do have the same ultimate goals, whether they know it or not.

Masonwatcher, you are right that the molested often becomes the molester, for he or she sees all the other "molesters" out there as worthy of being molested before they molest him or her. I'm going to do all of this stuff "before he cheats."

Zorgon, you are right that we need to look at underlying motivations. Thought precedes action, always, even if the thought is in the form of instinct.

Adono, you are right that it is the extremists. The extremists, in the form of ruling, interwoven ideology, play the tune for the mice to "joyously" follow.

27jd, you are right that it is good to keep the mind flowing. It is only when it flows that it can exist beyond the dialectic or thesis, antithesis, synthesis. When we flow, we can move up to another level of thinking, a greater level of awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join