It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Gorges Dam in China–Largest in World – Serious Problems? Affects the Whole Earth

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Yeah- I have a Ph.D. in protein biochemistry. I'm also a published novelist. I'm fairly certain I understand what "innuendo" is.

If you disagree, maybe you could do it more respectfully. I asked for the personal attacks to cease- not the questioning of the material- but that seems to be lost on a lot of people here- which is surprising, as I thought I was on a forum of people who value data, as well as insight, hypotheses that might seem odd to one, but obvious to another, etc. Why the needless negativity and name-calling?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

And if anyone here "flames" you for using astrology, here's some astronomy that proves eclipses cause relativistic changes in time on the Earth:

www.earthmagazine.org...

Just some ammo to back up your excellent post!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Explain to me then, Oh Cultured one, why nobody seems to be interested in The Three Gorges Dam thread now that the solar eclypse has come and went??

With all due respect, how in god's name would I know what will happen to the Dam after the eclipse? Perhaps you should ask the OP, or do some research, as I only responded to the thread; I didn't create it, nor do I in any way claim to "know" how the dam or the eclipse will react to one another- if at all- I was supporting the OP's research on the Dam, if you re-read my posts- and supporting the theory that eclipses HAVE and DO effect the Earth. But I'm afraid my crystal ball is turned off....

mod edit, please use the [quote] tags

[edit on 24-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD
  1. To operation mindcrime: Your personal attack of me is something I can't believe I'm deigning to reply to... I'd appreciate a cessation of your patronizing tone.

2. To badmedia: If you disagree, maybe you could do it more respectfully. I asked for the personal attacks to cease.

I took the trouble to read all operation mindcrime's replies to you, and badmedia's, too. I cannot for the life of me see anything in them that might be construed as a 'personal attack'. Would you care to explain what you mean - quoting, perhaps, the words to which you have chosen to take offence?

I have a pretty thick skin.

I would never have guessed that.

I've been on this forum since May, and I've asked myself why nearly everyday- the answer is, that through my research I might be able to help people stay well in a pandemic.

Oh. Well, if you're as quick as this to see insult where none is intended, perhaps your prophylactic labours would, as you suggest, be better discharged in another forum on the internet.

[edit on 24/7/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Troll much ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If I offended in any way it was an accident-I had no intent to make you a "foe" at all. I've explained on the other sites where I post about swine flu (as I'm a biochemist) that I have had neurosurgery, loose feeling in my hands when I type, and often transcribe words or actions.

First of all, i'm very sorry to hear about you condition and i wish you all the best with your struggle..
Having said that, you have not offended me in the slightest!! Why would you have?? All i see in the middle of good discussion is a U2U saying you added me to your foe-list.
Now some people misunderstand the button and some really use it what it's for.... I did not know which you were so i posted a legit question:

Do i say "thank you" now or did you misunderstand the "foe-button"...

Apart from the humorous undertone i don't see how this could be interpreted as an "attack"....

I'm not sure what you meant by your post- if you would send me a personal note I'd be grateful-the very last thing I seek on this forum is people with whom I can't converse with respect.

If you have any trouble with understanding functions on the ATS site you are more then welcome to ask me question anytime via U2U and i will always try to help you along. (although i doubt i'm the right person for this, better ask a Mod)

It's a little tought o go from a PhD/infectous disease researcher to being disabled and on dilaudid to get through a day- be gentleman or woman and help me fix whatever I ostensibly did wrongly..
thanks

I have the highest respect for your urge to help others out through these boards on swine flu issues dispite your own personal struggle.

Ps: I did already read your other post and i'm gonna answer that one now

be with you in second....

PEACE

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Deleted, because I think it was skewing the page, and I can't seem to fix it!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I've been on this forum since May, and I've asked myself why nearly everyday- the answer is, that through my research I might be able to help people stay well in a pandemic. Now I'm beginning to wonder if indeed, no good deed goes unpunished....

I think you are going to find ATS rough going if you're here to 'help' with your opinions about the 'truth' and feel attacked when people challenge your ideas.

What you deem as a 'good deed' others may see as something completely different - sometimes they will have more reason, sense, awareness, knowlege than you, even if you think you are the resident expert.

As an example, if you are coming from an allopathic stance on the flu issue, I doubt we would agree on much if anything, and I'd possibly be confronting you with challenges to a lot of your information on how to 'stay well'.

I'm sure you will find many who swoon at your level of knowlege and research and applaud you at every post, but quite a few will do the opposite. QA knows this all too well - this thread a case in point.

Better thicken that skin some more, or lose the ego attachment to your ideas as truth, which IMO is the easier route to take.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Thank you for the reference but you really should have read it first. That article confirms what I said, that observations made during an eclipse confirm one aspect of the theory of general relativity. The "bending" of light was observed, not time dilation effects.

Scientists seeking to confirm Einstein’s prediction focused their attention on solar eclipses. This is because with the sun in shadow, scientists could observe the position of stars very close to the sun. The position of these stars during the eclipse could later be compared to the position of the same stars without the sun’s light-bending influence. As Peter Cole points out in “Einstein, Eddington, and the 1919 Eclipse,” Sir Frank Watson Dyson, the Astronomer Royal of Britain, first realized that the Hyades stars and the May eclipse would provide an ideal subject for this type of experiment.
www.earthmagazine.org...

The length of a day does not change during a solar eclipse but the article does discuss the time dilation effects on GPS satellites caused by their velocity and altitude. But those effects have nothing to do with an eclipse.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am still looking for results from these tests on the effects of an eclipse on Gravity. Here is an article that talks about the subject.

www.earthmagazine.org...

Gravity has been measured during some 20 subsequent total solar eclipses, in China, Zambia, Australia and elsewhere. A 1997 experiment by the Chinese Academy of Sciences in north-eastern China provided some of the best evidence of a possible anomaly, according to Duif. But most of these tests featured only one or two pendulums or gravimeters - precise scales that can measure minute changes in gravity - set up close to each other. The results remain inconclusive. For the 1999 eclipse over Europe, NASA organised a multi-site experiment, but the researcher heading the project left soon after the eclipse and the findings were never made public.

If the anomaly exists, it would challenge our ideas about how gravity works. Neither Newtonian physics nor general relativity can explain it.

Apparently, there is a great deal of opposition to this concept in the U.S. scientific community, WHY? What is going on with the U.S. scientific community, to much influence from corrupt corporate interests only interested in science that supports their own desires? Maybe no one wants to consider that gravity is not at all what they have been thinking?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Maybe they have other projects to work on.
How about the results of these American scientists, published in 2003?

However, the gravitational anomaly discussed here is only a few parts per billion of Earth’s own gravitational force, so it is about a factor of 100,000 too small to explain the Allais excess pendulum precession or the change in pendulum swing period ~an increase of 1/3000! that sometimes shows up during eclipses.

www.eclipse2006.boun.edu.tr...

There have been many attempts to replicate the results of Allais. They have been, at best, ambiguous.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Your personal attack of me is something I can't believe

What attack?? Are we perhaps using the term "attack" a little to loosely here??

All throughout these last 5 pages everybody is complaining about attacks..

Originally posted by questioningall
who also seem to come in at the same time and post one after another to attack the thread and me.

What is wrong with attacking a thread in a discussion board?? Isn't that the purpose of a discussion board?? Somebody claims something - somebody disproves that - then both parties strenghen their position or viewpoint with facts and good argumentation....

I'm deigning to reply tobut for you and others who doubt the possible relativistic aspects of eclipses, here's a start. Tomorrow or the next day, when I can sit at a computer for more than 10 minutes I'll be sure to add more links.

why are we talking about eclipses?? Wasn't this thread about the Three Gorges Dam in China??....And how you think it's inapproriate to talk about other things than the topic of the OP.

In the interim, I'd appreciate a cessation of your patronizing tone. If I wanted this kind of dialogue I'd go onto Facebook or MySpace or some other site filled with people who have no manners.

You are intitled to your opinion but i would very much appreciate it if you would provide this insult to my adress with some quotes from previous posts that show my lack of manners.

I don't recall having been rude to anyone, other than questioning their personal attacks on the OP, not the information.

And the fact that you signed your post, "Peace" seems a bit hypocritical after your incendiary remarks.

sigh..........i need a quote here to help me along 'cause i'm having a hard time understanding how i may have insulted you.

I've been on this forum since May, and I've asked myself why nearly everyday- the answer is, that through my research I might be able to help people stay well in a pandemic. Now I'm beginning to wonder if indeed, no good deed goes unpunished....

i'm actually speechless......
No i'm serious, i don't know what to do with this remark!!......Good for you that you are helping people

I'll say "Peace" to you- only I actually mean it.

Nahnahnahnahnahnaaaa.....
, well my daddy has a bigger car then your daddy!!!!

And BTW: here's an article about proving relativistic shifts in time during eclipses. More to come.
www.earthmagazine.org...

What am i gonna do with this info??? Not once in this entire thread have i questioned solar influences on anything or other theories. I have no knowledge of these things. I was mearly here to question the OP's motives for starting thread.....

If that's a bad thing???.............sorry!!!!

PEACE

[edit on 24/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have to wonder why the testing for the 1999 eclipse over Europe conducted by NASA was never released to the public.

The test conducted to measure the bending of light during an eclipse wasn't all that perfect either, but the scientific community was eager to embrace it. Might the standards be a bit different here?

Now if gravity is in reality a result of electromagnetic forces then the temperature changes showing an arc like planar effect of the moons alignment with the sun would suggest an effect of gravity similar to magnetics.

We already know such an phenomenon isn't explained by current established scientific theories, but claims that this phenomenon hasn't been observed are greatly over exaggerated. If this testing in China proves conclusive within an acceptable range of uncertainty, then gravities correlation with electro-magnetics might need to be visited.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If there is indeed some sort of gravity anomaly observed during an eclipse which cannot be attributed the sort of effects described by Flandern and Yang then yes, it would toss Newton and Einstein out on their ears.

There are plenty of scientists who would love to do that. It would boost them to the top of the ladder for research funds.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To all,

Just to clear things up here......

The name of this thread is Three Gorges Dam in China–Largest in World – Serious Problems? Affects the Whole Earth

Now according to QA:

This is a companion thread to the Solar Eclipse thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why? Because the Eclipse is going across the Three Gorges Dam in China – and there is information about it, which is good to know. Also believe it or not the Dam affects the World – Earth Wobble.

Because the eclipse is going across the Three Gorges Dam....???

Why would you "link" one thread with the other only because a natural phenomenon goes over it?? The sun goes over a lot of things to but we're not gonna link every thread about the sun with every other thread that is below it!!!

What actually is a "a companion thread " and could you elaborate on this Q?

And because of this little feature you have created we now have discussions about eclispes in the Three Gorge Dam-thread that belong in your Solar eclipse-thread.

Stop causing this confusion..!!!

--Now that is an example of questioning the motives of a thread or it's creator. And i see no harm it doing this neither do i feel like i'm attacking the OP.--

Peace (i really mean it, okay
)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
*misspost, please delete*

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

reply to post by badmedia

Yeah- I have a Ph.D. in protein biochemistry. I'm also a published novelist. I'm fairly certain I understand what "innuendo" is.

If you disagree, maybe you could do it more respectfully. I asked for the personal attacks to cease- not the questioning of the material- but that seems to be lost on a lot of people here- which is surprising, as I thought I was on a forum of people who value data, as well as insight, hypotheses that might seem odd to one, but obvious to another, etc. Why the needless negativity and name-calling?

How have I attacked someone personally? Because I said they have killed their credibility? That is a personal attack now?

I didn't resort to name calling or anything. I gave the reasons why the credibility was lost in a reasonable manner.

I addressed the material and specifically stated if the material didn't say what it did and try to make the connections it did, then I probably wouldn't have even posted. It is the material itself and those connections which are the reason the person has lost credibility with me.

Whatever. I'm done with the topic, people will believe what they want to at this point. If you want to believe such things, and follow the OP's theories/claims then be my guest. You'll be getting exactly what you deserve.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There is actually lots of material in the solar eclipse thread about how the Earth is affected by eclipses.

I will go ahead and link here - some of those links

www.eclipse2006.boun.edu.tr...

www.astronomynotes.com...

I listen and read experts in the fields of their studies and believe them, over others.

But for those who want to know more about solar eclipse influences - you can see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are many links there and information about what happens during an eclipse.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So I was a little curious to where the original ideas for this weeks fear-based failed predictions were spawned, since they didn't come from anyone @ "cropcircleconnector.com".

QA told us in the OP that it was from an 'Indian' on some 'Earth board forum' which she frequents but did not include a source:

Now – what brought my full attention to the Three Gorges Dam – so I then began a project of compiling information about it… you ask?

Well – I go on an Earth board forum many times a day. Months ago – I read about a time marker – when a certain event happens – then another event will follow within a years time.

Someone put information up again the other day on the Earth board – about another forum on the web – which an Indian had begun a thread – in updating his old one from a few years before. The thread was written during the morning – saying “Walter Cronkite – will die soon” (basically) – and when that happens – then his visions/information he wrote about before - will happen. (yeah, this is that “Esoteric” part I mentioned in the Solar Eclipse thread). Well the vision involves The Three Gorges Dam, and let me put it simply – in case you are wondering – the vision is not a “happy” one. Well that evening Walter Cronkite died.

Needless to say – all kinds of things were flying around – because the Indian reinstated his vision and Cronkite’s death – the morning – of the day – right before his death.

I decided to REALLY look into the Three Gorges Dam – in how well built it was and the history of it. What I found has not reassured me that this person’s vision was “far out there” at all.

Well, with a google search or two, I have been able to locate QA's source, this so-called 'Earth Forum' which she frequents...and I don't think that "Earth Forum" is really the right term for it:

www.#odlikeproductions.com/forum1/message825776/pg1

EDIT: (Due to some weird glitch
with ATS, it will not allow me to put the full URL in, and keeps changing on it's own. I conclude that ATS will not allow the word "G-D" to be spelled out anywhere on the site, even in a URL. You will have to manually copy/paste the URL into your browser, and then change the first letter after the www. part, from '#' to 'G')

The website DOES include a disclaimer, even though QA probably disregarded it:

from GodLikeProductions website
Disclaimer: This website exists for entertainment purposes only. The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 10,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

Another failed prediction or two from QA, and she will really have enough of them to give her her own forum.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join