It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A change in my personal beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ok, if you have read any threads by mean regarding religion then you would see that I carried the torch of atheism quite proudly. But I think that kinda changed. Although I don't think I will ever be a Christian, after a bit of reading and watching of some videos I kind of had an AH HA moment.

I now believe that there is something at work, not a God, but something. I think I now believe all these things that have been predicted or told of in religious writings was "planted" by some other force at work. I also think that things that these writings predict are coming true due to other forces at work making sure they come true.

I had a moment where I kind of looked deep inside me and asked myself "do I believe in God?" But, when I think about it (and believers talk so much about feeling it in your heart) I feel nothing in my heart for religion or a God, but I do feel that we are being watched, manipulated, tested and observed. This gives me an overwhelming feeling of certainly I assume similar to someone believing in God. Which also brings me around to my belief that "feeling God" is just adrenaline, same as being in a sports stadium, a fight, etc, I have felt the feeling discribed by christians as God and believe me, it was in no way in any religious context.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I went through a stage of being unsure on these sorts of beliefs.

I have never been religious, but I think there is more to life than it being a random miracle. I think we might be on some type of path to develop the soul and this is a time to experience the physical reality and everything that goes with it. I think it's possibly a natural process.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but that's my basic belief.

On my Facebook page, for religious beliefs I have put "Spiritual (do not adhere to organised religion)"

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Congrats!

It doesn't matter WHAT name you give that 'force'.
It's there, here, without any doubt. Those who doubt, block in some way, their clear 'view'.
That doesn't matter either for each and every individual has to do their own Inner research as weel as their own battle between Light and Darkness.

Did you know that Lord Vishnu alone has more then 1000 names?
They are written down in the Mahabartha.

Every vibration in existence is a name of 'God'. They are all just slightly different.

Feeling = sensation, an energy that floats in and out the ‘gut’ (Solar plexus - bellybutton area)
LOVE = a state of being, an energy that floats in and out the ‘HEART’. (Heart Chakra)

Peace!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey congrats. Just keep your heart open. That's all God ask.

Heck you might become the greatest saint of our times, and someone like me could end up falling away and losing my salvation/

God bless.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It's very refreshing to hear someone admitting they are prepared to re-examine their presuppositions or beliefs. All of us need to do that from time to time. Even if our convictions are deep-seated it can do us no harm to ask 'Why?'

Whatever has prompted you to do some heart-searching - whether the wonders of creation: from the order seen in the cosmos to the physical laws themselves to the endless complexities of biological systems, etc., or whether something that has touched on the spiritual dimension to life, from purpose to prophecy - I do hope you are enjoying the sense of broadening horizons I felt when I first became aware there may be a lot more to life than meets the eye.

I now believe that there is something at work, not a God, but something.

Mind-boggling isn't it? As to what "it" really is I'm personally convinced humans could/would never know unless 'it' revealed itself. If it is beyond our senses and beyond our realm self-revelation is the only way the issue can be settled with any clarity.

I do believe there are clues all around us, as I say, in the natural realm, and within the human psyche. As it happens I alluded to this in a post a bit earlier today in this fascinating thread:

Blind people see during NDEs

All I can suggest is that you examine the evidence for self-revelation by a power able to predict the future. It's on that basis that I regard my Christian faith as entirely rational. It is evidence-based, and a lot of that evidence relates to prophetic writings fulfilled centuries after being recorded.

Some people have an objection to the premise that a greater power would use the utterances and writings of human beings to reveal himself - but what better way to make oneself understandable?

As such, all I can do is encourage a reading of the New Testament with an open mind. There is far more to it than many realize: if only they took time to read it for themselves they'd realize so much of what is said in opposition to it is based on ignorance.

Here's some evidence worth examining:

The New Testament Documents: are they Reliable?

...my belief that "feeling God" is just adrenaline, same as being in a sports stadium, a fight, etc, I have felt the feeling described by christians as God and believe me, it was in no way in any religious context.

The feeling of euphoria you describe can easily be mistaken for something else by all of us. In fact many unscrupulous 'Christian' leaders use it to manipulate a congregation. Emotionalism is not a valid Christian experience. The way laid out by Christ was based on his teaching, not his miracles - something lost on many who have been mislead today.

Getting back to your original comments - prophecy is indicative of a higher power. It pertains to an intelligence not bound by our frame of reference: time.

Check out this succinct explanation from dr_strangecraft, taken from an old thread on the nature of eternity:

A famous physicist once said that the history of the universe is like a parade going through downtown; we are little children peeping through our parents legs as the parade passes. One moment, we see a row of marching trumpeteers. Then trombonists. Finally, the tubas in the back of the band. then we see horses and flags. Maybe some floats.

We are confused into thinking that when we see the tuba-players, then the trumpets and trombones no longer exist. Then, when we see horses, we only have a dim memories of tubas, and say that such things only exist in our minds now.

But God sees it all at once, like a person watching the same parade from atop a tall building. For him, the trumpeters are equally real, equally alive, as much as the horsemen or the tubists, or even the floats and circus animals that don't even exist for us yet.

For God, all of history is equally real, equally alive equally . . . . now, for want of a better term.

It is for this reason that I believe the prophecies of the Bible, scores of which were fulfilled in exquisite detail in the life of Christ, (and in countless other ways,) indicate divine authorship. And why events yet to come to pass are described as if they were history.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

There are experiments that were done that show that people can have a sixth sense about when someone is watching them.
What I feel is that you have become aware of someone watching you in a personal sort of way. I think there is a lot of that going on. There are worlds watching us, and now, closer than ever, as this world seems to be coming to a climax.
There is a testing going on concerning this world system. It is a war between the people of this planet going with the creature life of the strictly world bound manifestation of reality, and the more universal, spiritual aspect of reality. We do not understand everything the spirit has to offer because of our being distracted by what is observable by our ordinary senses.
Jesus had a mission to, besides other things, break us free from the purely physical rewards of this world, and to have us see that there are spiritual rewards for those who seek for a higher understanding. We are in this world and should work in it for good, but not for the sake of what this world can give us, but for the sake of the higher existence that lives on beyond this material world.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I love it when people open their minds & hearts to all things possible! Some professed Christains can't do it and that's a real shame.

Let me tell you, your "A-haa!" moments have only just begun. Who knows - you may find that the force/adrenaline you have been feeling is what some of us call the zeal of the Holy Spirit.

Keep all your senses open, day and night. If it's possible we are being watched - then the possibilities become endless.

new topics

top topics

join