It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hires Internet soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
When you see a message or discussion come up on Facebook or Orkut or Twitter or Youtube that is pro-Israeli, it could well be people hired by Israeli govt to trick us into getting into those discussions and leave us all with a pro-Israeli mind set. Today internet has become as important as warplanes in this 'fight for your rights' thing. Will we see these people on ATS? If we do then, then we know now how to spot them.

Straight out of Avigdor Lieberman’s Foreign Ministry: a new Internet Fighting Team! Israeli students and demobilized soldiers get paid to pretend they are just regular folks and leave pro-Israel comments on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sites. The effort is meant to fight the “well-oiled machine” of “pro-Palestinian websites, with huge budgets… with content from the Hamas news agency.” The approach was test-marketed during Israel’s assault on Gaza, and by groups like Give Israel Your United Support, a controversial effort to use instant-access technology to crowd-source Israel advocates to fill in flash polls or vote up key articles on social networking sites.

Will the responders who are hired for this also present themselves as “ordinary net-surfers”?

“Of course,” says Shturman. “Our people will not say: ‘Hello, I am from the policy-explanation department of the Israeli Foreign Ministry and I want to tell you the following.’ Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis. They will speak as net-surfers and as citizens, and will write responses that will look personal but will be based on a prepared list of messages that the Foreign Ministry developed.””

Source: rinf.com...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

[mod edit: clipped quoted content to allowed limit]
Mod Edit: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would suspect they are not they only ones doing this. I'd imagine they are pretty late on the scene actually compared to other countries especially America. I'm sure a lot of them frequent ATS as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Any group with large sums of money and a vested interest in their own public relations is already doing this. Corporate shills are everywhere. Political shills are everywhere, even our beloved ATS.

Welcome to the internet, trust nothing.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
I'm sure a lot of them frequent ATS as well.

I think many factions from both sides of the fence frequent boards such as ATS. It's all part of the propaganda and recruitment protocols. The best thing anyone can do is research the 'facts' for themselves and take no one else's word for anything.

IRM

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I agree that many such people might be on the ATS, but at the same time there may be people who genuinely feel pro-Israel or pro-Iran or pro-some other country, so it would be unfair to label them as paid visitors, but a consistent trend of discussion by these people will reveal them to us

[edit on 20-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

but a consistent trend of discussion by these people will reveal them to us

Not really. Shills are taught to participate in multiple topics so they don't give themselves away. Some people simply join forums to push their own agenda, whether that is pro-Israel, anti-abortion, Obama not being a citizen... whatever. I don't think that a consistent trend really shows us anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Agreed! The dis-info being put out there has alot of money behind it, while the truth has little or no money behind it., making it all the more harder to get to the truth. Its an uphill battle with so many people just taking what they see in the headlines as gospel and forming an opinion without any research or facts.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Shouldn't be a problem. Israelis are not particularly known for their subtly; most likely they will end up annoying the heck out of internet users on a world wide basis.

I hope they come to ats and watch them get set upon by aters.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I stick up for Israel because they're the good guys, not because anyone pays me to.

That said, donations would be gratefully received

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Mattpryor I note the British two finger salute on your avatar, which is like the American 'bird' or middle finger howdy, escape the attention of the Mods.

This far too subtle for your average Israeli internet disinformationalists.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm Pro-Israeli because I believe that they shouldn't be denied a homeland or discriminated against just because they are Jewish. Some of you say Zionism is unrelated to Judaism, in a way it is but it is the principle of establishing a Jewish homeland. Zionists are not inherently evil in principle or cause, they are merely carving out a single country among the twenty-odd Arab countries and numerous Christian founded territories already in existence.

If Israel starts recruiting soldiers then they will pose a more serious threat than what masonwatcher believes, especially if they are being coordinated. Since there has not been a flood of commentators speaking for Israel (though it would be nice to see a few more friendly faces) it is obviously disinformation caused by those who seek to further vilify the state of Israel. Some of you think I'm part of the Mossad, part of the JIDF, or even part of the government. No, I'm just someone with a clear vision of having read both stories, watched both sides, scrutinized over both parties, and judged them equally.

Sorry I don't have an embedded bias against the strip of land starting with an "I". If that offends you or my belief that Israel has the right to exist offends you, I am not sorry for that, since that is the nature of opinion. What I am sorry for is, however, how conceited and contrite your opinions on a subject are. If you're going to try to hold a conversation or debate, do not through around flashy emotional words like "atrocity" or "Zionist agenda" or even "genocide" just like your sourcing of Human Rights Watch (whose top executive enjoys a salary of $350,000 now funded by Saudi Arabia) or Amnesty International (who observed signs of a massacre in Jenin but of course MSM hyped it when it didn't occur.)

The bottom line is, that no matter what you do, what you say, what you picket, what you shout from your soapbox, Israel is here to stay. You're roughly 60 years too late.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
star, and flag for a good find. There was another thread "The JIDF is On ATS" that mentioned the same article along with how the Israelis use mass spamming, and attack ad revenue.

All worthy topics, and imo should be mentioned a lot; so all people understand the amount of subversion.

new topics

top topics

join