It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, intelligence, drones or a mirror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I do not often write in the Aliens and UFO board but I thought id give it a try as this is something I have personally been thinking of lately.

Assuming that aliens exist here for a second with superior technology than our own as I have not made this thread to argue for or against their existance.

Why assume that something that has superior technology is more intelligent than human beings?

From my experience so far in life everything has strengths and weaknesses. Anything that is produced, researched, or planned is effected by the people or person that is invloved. Nothing can be perfect because the people are not perfect themselves, many might be a weakness but in my own opinion that is a strength because it not only keeps us together but it gives us our own individuality. Without this we would be no more than mindless drones and I believe this is the reason that throughout history we as a species eventually find our way out of our own messes regardless of the odds.

When it comes to alien life, for it to be more intelligent than ourselves I find that superior technology does not give a good enough answer for that because that uses the assumption that others progress just as we do. If they do then it is just as likely that they are one sided in their progression. However it could mean that they are miles ahead of us in every single part of life.
If this were the case then would that not mean that aliens are drones of exactly the same intelligence as each other that therefore have no need to question what another does or anythings purpose. Which at the same time would make them quite the opposite of intelligence, more along the lines of hive like drones and because of this are never progressing at all yet consuming which wont last.

Just raising the question of why people are assuming that anything is more intelligent than ourselves when we could in fact be the first species that is actually intelligent rather all because of one thing, our differences.
It also occured to me reflecting on what I have just written here, at the rate we are advancing ourselves we could in fact be going backwards when it comes to diversity and might be on the verge of a drone like existence where we are all the same resulting in extinction.

Im interested to see what others think?

Cheers

[edit on 20-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I thought I might mention this again as I feel it might be worth discussing?

Maybe I am wrong?

Im interested to see other peoples views here given the debate I put forth.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Well I personally believe that evolution is universal i approach--Meaning all aspects- social, spiritual, technological, etc happen in generally the same time frame. I think all this is nessicary, I mean look how we have had to evolve on those levels (and still trying too!) with our short burst of evolution in technology all others have followed. So IMHO you can not make one leap without taking all, in my opinion a species that somehow makes a single "leap" in terms of evolutionary advancement (say technology) without advancing in other areas (say socially) are doomed to extinction by their own hands more than likely.That is why I personally do think there is something similar to a "non interference policy" among the star-faring civilizations in our galaxy or Universe.

On the other hand it is possible that some species could have "stolen" technology from others that have since passed on, but they likely would still have evolved enough to somewhat handle it, maybe not in the long run, but in the relatively short term. One of the main Grey alien theories states something on this basis. But to sum up what I am trying to say: I think that intelligence has to come with technological advancements, there is no way around it, logically and phiosophically.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It just seems to me that human beings are progressing towards a hive mind, that doesnt say anything positive to me whatsover and if other life forms are more advanced, given what you say of course, would that not make them more inferior in many ways, ie unable to think for themselves.

That might raise the question, how are they really different from ourselves then if that is the case (if they exist of course).

Hopefully that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

The more advanced communication (information technology) gets then the more "collective" we my seem. The difference is we still make decisions based on our own wills, until we give up that and turn our will over to the "group think" we will never be a collective. Honestly I do not think it is in our genetics to e a collective, that is more insect related.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We are not really that intelligent. We still go to war. Imagine a war being waged over natural resources. Doesn't it take a lot of resources to wage war? It's all really a zero sum game.

new topics

top topics

join