It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do the chickens have large talons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hey all.
Just wondering what being a member of ats has done for you.
For me, it was being able to talk to my sister about her current psychosis. For many, I beleive, there's only the ability to talk more.
For some it's the women, others, the money.

but really, what have we accomplished here, besides a marginally increased pool of heads to bounce ideas off of?

And by we, i mean you, the important people. The ones who don't get bored researching. I know you've educated, but even my dog can educate my li'l cuz that fire's hot.

What's going on here??????

Spiritual? Religious? 9/11? Aliens?

What's been done?????

some answers that don't summarize the expansion of general knowledge of ats? Seems like everyone here likes to remain within the box.

what mark do we make in the real world?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
What have we accomplished? How much is accomplished when one debates or discusses any issue? Some will argue that no person can change another persons mind especially if they have made up there mind. While this may be true ATS seems to attract those with an open mind, and thus members are able to share information and argue for certain causes.

While we may not sway any "important' or "influential" people we do sway the conman folk. As we all know the conman folk vastly out number the power brokers, the Sheiks and Kings of this world so to speak.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

That's one way of looking at it.
Another might be discuss important issues pertaining to the top .umpteenth of society and therefore we become knowitalls who forget HOW to communicate with the "common folk".

The common folk, in my experience, know many of these things. They need no forum, they just know. Sometimes i feel that we're weak cause we can't decide for ourselves.

Ats is supposed to be a sit ebased on facts, when in practice, it's a site based on practice of belonging to a site.

The loudes voice wins, it is very rare to see a retraction. Threads based on specualation are argued as fact.

It's masturbation.

Don't worry, we all do it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Albeit, it's really helped me come out of the us vs. them in terms of parties politically.

It did at the beginning open my eyes up to 2012, and helped me become more skeptical of things.

Made me look for deeper reasons. Really enlightened me personally to look for answers and subjects to certain believed aspects.

It's done quite a bit, as i'm hesitant to admit.

Hasn't made me paranoid as some fellows have become, just more 'aware'.

Kind of like when germaphobia got me, and I found germaware.com, and starting slowly being more okay with it, and acceptable and less, ahhhh about it

Not a great example, but eh you get it!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I've been here for the evolution of republican 8, and have learned a lot. I just still don't see how we even the worker bees can pretend they're making a difference.

Is there some sort of subliminal understanding that we're working towards?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

It's ..."unquotable word"...

It's what? How to you create a link with that? lol;

Anyway's to answer your question... ATS has helped me open my eyes and look at a broader more creative version of the world.

If feel that all of us at ATS...(Well, most of us except those few that join and say they are the reincarnation of Jesus)...are more aware of our surroundings, our issues and the reasons behind them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Why do you alienate the indigos?
they're just as....sincere..?

ahem.

anyways.

didn't understand or see what you quoted.

I guess my point is that we/ Just me?/I/you need to realize that it's just a step.
realize the site. familiarize the site. love the site. leave the site.
...then come back later.

this site is a stepping stone, but what's next?

Our commonality in 'being curious' is suspect. all people are curious. all lose/gain heart/ power of mind.
Is it not jut power of argument when we remain too long?

I find myself disagreeing/agreeing with things for reasons i can no longer remember. It's al become one "inkling".

This site is no less a stepping stone than organized religion.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
No more helmet heyo? Your whit kills me dude.

Anyway...

"Inquiring minds wanna know"

Need I say more?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You seem rather pessimistic of the future. It's understandable in these difficult times. You posted on the Secret Societies forum, yet this discussion seems rather out of place.

I've heard this so many times before, "I am but one person, what can I do?". Honestly I see this everyday and it doesn't surprise me. But people with this mentality in my opinion just add to the problems of this world.

You see if our "enemies" haven't given up, they aren't thinking, gee I'm just one person, what can I do? Essentially you are accepting defeat, and I for one do not give up until I'm dead.

ATS, while in it's later years has become more controlling with what content is allowed. it still allows a lot of open discussion. Think of ATS as repository of like minded individuals where you can inform your self and become more aware. If you believe knowledge is power than this site can be a self empowering site.

This site, I believe is successful because there are many like me who are seeking the truth, whatever that may be. We are a mesh of those seeking "Enlightenment", the Truth Movement, the skeptic, ect.

It is always up to you to do your own research, to gather your own opinion. But I can honestly say that this site has helped open my eyes, change my perspective, I've learned many things.

ATS is a tool, like many things, you just need to learn how to use it.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just joined but I've been lurking for a while.

Some of these topics aren't new to me. I've found some good debates and some awful debates, ranging from many different issues.

There's a greater variety of subjects here so it's easier to dismiss anything that doesn't resonate with you and only stick to things that do.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

We ultimately as a whole on ats, help noone that is on ats, and those on it, we help little.

Imagine pushing a pin into the air infront of you, and ask yourself, how much have I done to puncture the universe.

Very very little, but the butterfly effect is quite wonderous.

:I'm also very intrigued by you're englishman question.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

oconnection....congrats.

I just saw you've been a member since 2003.

Respect to you.

Peace

top topics

join