It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to meet an alien...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My question is simple, would you rather do it with a weapon at your side, or weaponless to avoid confusion and an agressive response from them. Its a rough call, I know our own military has permission to fire on anyone with a weapon, slung or being wielded, so it could get you killed, or it could insult them, and get you killed. So here we go again, you driving down the country road one night and see some lights , pull over, do you reach for the 12 guage on the rack, or do you keep drivin, or what?

I honestly don't know the right answer, and I have seen UFO activity before, the unknown creeps you pretty hard, having a shotgun might take away the creeps, and might just bring an unwanted alien tactical response.

If I have to meet one , it would be understood ahead of time I will be armed, if its a country road middle of night senerio, Im not stopping. If I am in the proverbial dead electrical and cannot move senerio, Me and that 12 guage are running the other way.

WHat is your take on this, armed or unarmed?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Extend a handshake! Why must we always default to our violent thought process right off the bat?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

well supposedly these little guys like to eat us, then what , you join in on that?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Golden Generic

I'd rather go armed even though it probably won't make a difference in the face of superior technology.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Armed.

I think you're a bit 'confused'.

If a intelligence can travel across lightyears, and for whatever reason decides to land on a back road. And wants to come out to you. Well then I figure you sir, are screwed if it's looking for a fight.

It'd be like worrying that you'll scare the whole russian army if you happen to have a pocket knife on you. They know, they can obliterate you in an instant, you have a pocket knife. (don't go david and goliath with me.)

I highly doubt a being like that, would be fearful of a human.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Unarmed - I would assume that it intended the contact, in which case either it was friendly or prepared - if it was prepared, then just carrying a weapon would be useless because it would have the initiative - I would definitely not be opening fire on sight.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
the whole russian army can have my pocket knife, I don't bring knives to gun fights, Imagine yourself in your backwoods, place you been hundreds of times, do you really want to go toe to toe with et without a pump?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Generic
the whole russian army can have my pocket knife, I don't bring knives to gun fights, Imagine yourself in your backwoods, place you been hundreds of times, do you really want to go toe to toe with et without a pump?

Would it really make a difference.

I would assume that the et, didn't have a gun, something much, much better.

Something that travelled light years to get here, not a hippy landing in your backyard.

A gun would make you feel better, but when pondered, is completely useless.

You may probably be religious, so i'll put it like this.

If a demon appeared on the back road, which you traveled often, and wanted to meet you, would you feel good, to bring a gun with you?

No, you couldn't fight a demon (without gods word blah blah blah) but, it'd be like that, you're defenseless.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Dear Golden Generic

Guess what not every body who reads ATS is American.

Therefore not every one has a gun.

Now if it happened to me I hope I would be brave enough to walk up to them unarmed. As other have pointed out to be armed would most likely be useless anyway.

On doing so I hope they would give me the answers I am looking for.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Would it really make a difference.

I would assume that the et, didn't have a gun, something much, much better.

Something that travelled light years to get here, not a hippy landing in your backyard.

A gun would make you feel better, but when pondered, is completely useless.

You may probably be religious, so i'll put it like this.

If a demon appeared on the back road, which you traveled often, and wanted to meet you, would you feel good, to bring a gun with you?

No, you couldn't fight a demon (without gods word blah blah blah) but, it'd be like that, you're defenseless.

"One day, me and my brother kyle here, we were walking down a long and lonely road, all of the sudden, there shined a shiny demon, in the middle of the road, and he said, Play the best song in the world or I'll eat your souls, Me and Kyle, we looked at each other, then we said, O.K.

So we played the first thing that came to our heads, and it just so happened to be, the best song in the world, it was the best song in the world"

Look in to my eyes and it's easy to see, 1 and 1 make 2, 2 and 1 make three, it was destiny".....

Sorry, couldn't help it. I love the D.

P.S. There is a gun that will kill a demon....Happiness is a warm gun...Just be careful where shooting, you could put an eye out...or is it go blind, no it was grow hair on your palms...either way, kills em dead.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

"Dunny, they ain't strong enough"

All kinds of artists to quote tonight....fun.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

OMG. I wish I had more stars...

Anyway, no. I would not want to be armed. I don't have any weapons anyway. And as the story goes, the McPherson family was never seen again after the dude shot the alien. I want to see what's behind door #2 (the unarmed option).

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'm guessing you're American, as your passion for firearms/rifles seems to be more important than your desire for peaceful contact.

However, what do you think it will do? Should said ET try and make some move on you, you'll do what? Blast it? Do a Hollywood jumping roll and shoot its knees off?

I would guess (admittedly only guessing) that any being that can travel the vast distances and times it takes to come to our little world, will have looked at how we conduct ourselves. From there they would probably determine what sort of weapons we use and decided that either we're too violent to approach or if approachable, decided our weapons are not a threat.

This isn't that crap film, "Independance Day" -- no one is going to wirelessly connect to alien technology using their laptop to defeat them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

OMG. I wish I had more stars...

Anyway, no. I would not want to be armed. I don't have any weapons anyway. And as the story goes, the McPherson family was never seen again after the dude shot the alien. I want to see what's behind door #2 (the unarmed option).

"You're a shadow boxer baby"....

[edit on 20-7-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

I'm guessing you're American, as your passion for firearms/rifles seems to be more important than your desire for peaceful contact.

However, what do you think it will do? Should said ET try and make some move on you, you'll do what? Blast it? Do a Hollywood jumping roll and shoot its knees off?

I would guess (admittedly only guessing) that any being that can travel the vast distances and times it takes to come to our little world, will have looked at how we conduct ourselves. From there they would probably determine what sort of weapons we use and decided that either we're too violent to approach or if approachable, decided our weapons are not a threat.

This isn't that crap film, "Independance Day" -- no one is going to wirelessly connect to alien technology using their laptop to defeat them.

"Ah, ah, no wait, ah"....Jeff Goldblum is unstoppable. He's the only one who could do it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
One thing that makes me laugh when I read posts to threads like these , and all the hicks that state ( no offence to any one ATS member) I'd meet an ET with a gun in my hand.
Hello?
Is there any sense there?

Nope didn't think so , so I'll continue giving you all my advice.

A being has the technology to travel millions and billions of our miles through space, being bombarded with radiation, meteorites and meeting other life forms comes to our little pebble in space, they have evovled past primitive weaponry like us Earthers have , the would have developed their mind powers and increased in intellect way past us at this present time.
After all read countless posts on this site alone and you'll see that the ET's if they sense a threat or see threatening behaviour will shut your mind and body down with a simple thought. You'll be like " Oh no an ET , better get my gun out of my belt" , as soon as you've got to "gun" they'd have immobilised you so you can't move.
If they are benevolent they would projec feelings of calm so you wouldn't fear or feel the need to look all macho with your 12 gauge.
Get over yourselves, you aint gonna get a chance to go all rambo on their butts because not being rude all this bravado will desert you all as soon as you set eyes on an ET that didn't make you feel calm, you'd all poop your pants and run away. And any ET that wants to rectally probe you will immobilise you as soon as your in rangeof its mind which is probably a lot further than your gun could shoot anyway.
Face it there are good and bad aliens, its pot luck which you meet. I favour carrying no weapon, in case you meet a good alien you'd be better off with just good intentions to talk and a jar of KY jelly in case you meet a bad one.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I would have a beer in my hand and would play a particular song that I have in my collection...

Where it goes from there, I donno. On second thoughts maybe thats not the best approach, could create a scandal mind you.

Drinking, boogy and aliens, I know the first two mix but as for the third im not sure.

At the same time though, I still think human beings have instinct for a reason. If something were to break in to my home and stand over me when im in my bed, I dont care who it is id use some boogie on it thats for sure.

Guess the scenario makes the difference, whoever said every alien would be the same? If they were then we are clearly more intelligent and if thats the case id kindly show it how to operate the doorbell.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
hey guys comon, i know what the guys getting at.

You do not know what the outcome could come to.
Personally i would take a weapon with me just incase.

these aliens could be evil or good, and if they traveled so far, i think they would undesrstand why you carry the gun for protection.
If these aliens where evil and pulled out some sort of weapon !bam! Atleast you know that you took one of them out.

So yes a weapon, because you know your safe, if they were intelligent and good aliens they would understand.
evil take them out.

peace can't solve everything, i think kindness is mistaken for weakness, so yeh a weapon would be a good choice.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by mtaftm]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I just... cannot... resist...

I'm sorry... so very very sorry...

Edited to add:
He wants to be in a rock n roll band! Why else would they come here?!

[edit on 7/20/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would treat the encounter the same way that I would if it were a First Contact with a species.

I would enter the situation unarmed to prevent any chance of misunderstanding, and approach cautiously but peacefully, politely with a sense of humility.

I would consider it the same way as if I were attending diplomatic relations with a foreign dignitary.

Of course, doing such puts me in a potential situation not unlike Tim Burton's Mars Attacks, but it is always better to take the high road and be dead than take the low road and possibly come out alive but in the process spark further hostility from a more advanced civilization towards the human race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join