It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"In God We Trust" Clincher.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have noticed a bit of controversy over the words "In God We Trust" being on our money, etc... etc...

Well today I came across this photo, which pretty much summed up the argument for me, and it's another goal for we who believe there should be a separation of church and state.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/781812bd6672.png[/atsimg]

debate over?

[edit on 7/19/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It won't go anywhere, the federal reserve is a private business and is not subject to the rules of seperation of church and state.

I personally think it should be removed because it's an insult to god. They should also remove a good bit of the people they have on the money, because some of them were dead set against any such system and it's an insult to them. Franklin, Jackson and Jefferson would be insulted for sure, and probably a few others. I think they put them on the money as trophies for "winning" rather than for tribute.

Franklin said it was the central bank of England that caused the revolutionary war. Jackson called them a den of vipers and was able to kill the bank during his time(thanks to 2 misfires on the assassins gun). Etc.

The entire system itself is based on interest, or as the bible calls it - "usury", and Jesus calls them thieves as well(money changers).

There are many bible quotes about these types of systems. The current monetary system has been deemed "Bad" for thousands of years.

Ezekiel 18

8He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

9Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.

13 He lends at usury and takes excessive interest. Will such a man live? He will not! Because he has done all these detestable things, he will surely be put to death and his blood will be on his own head.

17 He withholds his hand from sin and takes no usury or excessive interest. He keeps my laws and follows my decrees. He will not die for his father's sin; he will surely live.

Ezekiel 22:12 In you men accept bribes to shed blood; you take usury and excessive interest and make unjust gain from your neighbors by extortion. And you have forgotten me, declares the Sovereign LORD.

So, it's a huge insult to put "In God we Trust" on the money, which is really nothing but bribes and usury.

But because the federal reserve is not part of the government, they will have no case at all. They can put whatever they want on things, same as any other private company.

Look at that, the bible is on your side.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
They should also remove a good bit of the people they have on the money, because some of them were dead set against any such system and it's an insult to them. Franklin, Jackson and Jefferson would be insulted for sure, and probably a few others. I think they put them on the money as trophies for "winning" rather than for tribute.

you're absolutely right about that, it is insulting to them, and i never really thought about that before, thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Debate=Over.

Not many people realize "In God we Trust" was such a recent event.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Go ahead and have it. I don't care.
It's so beside the point i look to my right for days and nothing.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

Well today I came across this photo, which pretty much summed up the argument for me, and it's another goal for we who believe there should be a separation of church and state.

you might want to view this film ... Eye of the Phoenix

to elucidate a bit more on the actual divine purpose of America, and the future of humankind in a very union-with-god type of way.

-

top topics

join