It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin says being second 'just as significant'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin says being second 'just as significant'

www.news.com.au

COAXED back into the public spotlight after 40 years, Neil Armstrong once again held the media in the palm of his hands on the eve of the 40th anniversary of the first time he - or any other man - set foot on the surface of the moon.

Reunited with his Apollo 11 co-pilot Buzz Aldrin, Armstrong wasn’t exactly a willing participant for a press conference marking the start of a small public tour alongside Aldrin and third Apollo 11 crewmate Michael Collins.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why did Neil Armstrong elect to go to the Moon if he doesn't want to talk about it that much?

Sure, he has a right to privacy, but at the same time, he should have expected that for the rest of his days, he'll be a marked man. Allegedly, the first person to step foot on the Moon, there's probably no other feat that has come close to his achievement.

If the Moon isn't interesting, compared to Mars, as Collins states, then why has it taken 40 years without a mission to Mars?

Never trust NASA company men.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

MBF

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Any person that will sit on the top of a huge explosive device and travel as far as they did and try to land on another planetary body, not knowing the outcome, is significant.

I think that Neil was involved is a crash of the LEM simulator just days before the launch, and ejected safely of course. They both have the "RIGHT STUFF".

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Maybe Neil is the only one of the three that has problems with the lie

Truth's Many Layers...

The first press conference... happy happy happy...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by zorgon]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
They never landed on the moon. Hence been basically unwired for sound since.
Gosh, where's the dust on the landing gear (tri-pods)?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yes he is just as significant!

I agree with Zorgon on his comment about Neil though.

Peace

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
As a pilot and ex-USAF I admire Mr. Armstrong for his humility and his giving credit to others. When you think about it, it's not like he's Christopher Columbus. He didn't have to come up with the idea, sell the concept, and travel to something that may or may not exist. Mr. Armstrong was the winner of the raffle, so to speak, and he is rightly giving credit to the tens of thousands of people who are no less important in accomplishing this daring feat. In a government project with employees, it is not a heroic act. It is a feat of engineering. The fact that Mr. Armstrong was the first to step on the Moon is insignificant. He was a government representative of the United States; hence, the United States was the first to step on the Moon...not a particular man. He had the fun of being the one to do it to represent his country.

It doesn't matter who it was under these circumstances, and he is right to play it down. Actually, it's nice to see how humble he is about it. I think his perspective is spot on.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
He is, excuse me, WAS an honest man.

This is why it's so hard for him to lie to the American public and why he spends as much time as possible out of the public eye.

Also, thank you Zorgon for that second video, I had never thought to study their emotions.

After completing the largest undertaking mankind as a whole had ever done, these men do look scared and nervous.

Not exactly like winning the Super Bowl, which is how one should be acting.

Rather they look like men who are lying on worldwide television, maybe even against their will.

They were able to launch a spacecraft, land on the moon, launch from the moon, and arive back to earth, 40 years ago, with less technology than the cellphone in your pocket.

I agree during that time we HAD to show the world we could do it, whether or not we actually could.

The cosmonauts were so far ahead of us that they won every other race and had 9 hours to every 1 hour in space as Americans, yet they could not do it.

top topics

join