It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Agios Nikolaos, Crete since July 6th '09

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, after i saw this thread and other threads where people report increasing UFO sightings in different parts of the world, i couldn't resist any longer to report my very recent sightings at my home place too.

It seems that my town, Agios Nikolaos in Crete, Greece has become a UFO hotspot as well, since the 6th of July this year.

Recently i see light orbs and other unexplainable (light) appearances on the evening and night sky above Ag. Nik. (more than 1 each night!), which i haven't seen / noticed before.

This UFO flap seems to have started on the 6th of this month, when Agios Nikolaos experienced dramatic power blackouts in various parts of the town, which lasted till the early morning hours of the 7th. The first blackout occured at about 22:00 in the part of the town where i live (town center), at the exact moment when me and my dauthers saw a bright shining white orb flying directly over our heads. Later that night my brother saw a UFO outside of the hotel where he works at (doing night shifts).
The blackouts were caused by underground power cables being burned through for some unknown yet reason - thats what the power company told me when i phoned them the next morning. A few days later my brother saw that the ground in the center of the town has been dug up, from where they have pulled out those burned cables, which were laying on the side of the road and which, according to my bro, looked completely burned and carbonized

Also, only 2 days after that night (on the 8th), i heard from a colleague of mine that she, her family and possibly many other citizens of the nearby village "Limnes" (where she lives) saw a UFO last evening hovering obove the village, which had a circular shape and was decorated with several lights, along its edge. It moved back and forth a few times in a swinging-like move before it suddenly disappeared (dematerialized)!

Now, the orbs / UFOs me and some other people i know saw during the last 14 nights, include:

- "Moving stars". Some seem to fly quite high (smaller dots, less bright - some of which could very well be sats), some others though seem to fly lower (brighter lights, some as bright as the brightest stars), and they fly with varying speed and a little zig-zag, as if they were drunk
Some of them suddenly appear on the sky out of nothing, some suddenly disappear, some even blink or pulsate in strange irregular patterns, while they slowly float across the sky or stay stationary. Many of those lights follow a certain route, cooming from the south, flying (mostly low) over Agios Nikolaos and disappearing over the Mirabello Bay.
I saw how 1 orb lit up almost directly above my head. It was stationary while it gradualy became brighter and brighter within a time span of about 3 seconds, then it started to fly away, and while it was moving away, it faded out again, as if it noticed me watching it and it wanted to hide from me again - pretty spooky.

- Streaks of bright light. Can be described as horizontally placed truncated lightning, but its not usual lightning because no clouds and thunderstorms around anywhere near the place.

- Physical circular shaped crafts, that suddenly dematerialize (what my colleague saw).

Definately something weird is going on above our heads lately. I def. see things / UFOs now that weren't there before, especialy the obvious ones, the low flying bright ones!

Wherever you are in the world, folks, keep your eyes open and fixed on the sky while you're outside these days, it might be worth it

Ko3

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm seeing "moving stars" nightly now - NOT satellites -

They do different things - some flash on and off - some stay dim then brighten then dim again - some appear in 2's, some light up and then seem to lift off upwards towards space. I'm just waiting for the next stage, as I think all of us that are seeing these are being slowly warmed to their presence.

Tell your friends just to look up and keep looking up for a few times a week - and then maybe they tell more people - and soon we all just do it! It's a group consciousness - we are being trained for cosmic consciousness! Woo!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

m8, its good and very exciting to know that many other people around the world see exactly the same things you are seeing

Ko3

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Little update:

After me and my brother have been observing these UFO lights regularly for quite a few days now, we think we found some behaviour patterns of these things.

For 5 continious nights now, me and my bro see 1 - 3 strange lights, most of which appear and disappear always on about the same spots, at about the same time (around 4:00 a.m.), flying the same route every night.
Both, me and my bro do night shifts at 2 different hotels in Agios Nikolaos. My brother's working place, from where he observes the UFOs, is inside the town at the sea promenade and mine is 1.5 - 2 km ouside the town in the region of Ormos / Havania. Since we both see those UFO lights from quite different perspectives and distances, we compared our sightings and came to the conclusion that these objects usualy start to appear somewhere over the south-eastern part of the town on an altitude of 300 - 500 meters, then travel towards the direction of the "Agion Panton" island, over which they disappear. During their flight, they often vary their brightness, like a dim light which is slowly being turned up and then slowly turned down again, until it vanishes. Sometimes they grow so bright, it can get a bit frightening and in some cases i even expected them to explode, lol.
Same lights with same characteristics also appear at earlier hours (10 - 11 in the evening), but at that time they seem to prefer a different route, starting from Ormos (where i work) and again heading towards the island over which they disappear. The light, that i mentioned in my OP, which appeared almost directly over my head, i saw it just a short moment after i arrived at work in the area of Ormos between 22:30 and 23:00.

2 days ago i managed to borrow a digital camera with a 1 GB mem. card, and now i'm trying to catch these lights on video.
I already tried last night, unfortunately with no success. Although the UFOs were quite clear to view with the eye, there was only a black and quite noisy background to see in the video - no stars, no UFOs visible. I'll try again this night with different camera settings. I wonder how and with what equipment some people shoot those clear and smooth night vids.
I got a Canon PowerShot S2IS here, which is supposed to be quite a good camera actualy. Tips for proper settings are very welcome

Ko3

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
kid_of_3NkI... plz check your U2U inbox.

Your sightings are very interesting. Good luck capturing them on film mate.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Yup, i've seen your message and replied.

I set the camera to manual focus by taking the distant town lights as reference. I hope that will do the trick.
Its 3:16 now.. i'll go out now and get ready

Ko3

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Yea, many people all over the world apparently are seeing these "stars", but they are not stars I can guarantee that. I have seen them move halfway across the sky and take position in a star formation or constellation. Very strange....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
As i expected, they were back tonight! Besides the 1 i saw earlier this night at 22:20 on my way to work (it flew the Ormos-island route and disappeared over - guess where), now around 4 o clock i saw 3 more flying the harbour - island route. I couldn't film the first of those 3 because it was visible just for a short time and disappeared before the camera was ready. I filmed the 2nd one, but not sure if the footage is good (the small camera display was all black while i was filming), have to download and watch it on the computer sreen when i get home. The 3rd light was very dimmed and barely visible with the eye, so it didn't make any sense to film it.

After this shift, i get 2 nights off. I'll be in town then during those nights, waiting for the UFOs near the harbour, from where i have the chance to get much better footages.

Ko3

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
As i expected, they were back tonight! Besides the 1 i saw earlier this night at 22:20 on my way to work (it flew the Ormos-island route and disappeared over - guess where), now around 4 o clock i saw 3 more flying the harbour - island route. I couldn't film the first of those 3 because it was visible just for a short time and disappeared before the camera was ready. I filmed the 2nd one, but not sure if the footage is good (the small camera display was all black while i was filming), have to download and watch it on the computer sreen when i get home. The 3rd light was very dimmed and barely visible with the eye, so it didn't make any sense to film it.

After this shift, i get 2 nights off. I'll be in town then during those nights, waiting for the UFOs near the harbour, from where i have the chance to get much better footages.

Ko3

Please keep us updated mate. They say that if you meditate and say a quick prayer beforehand asking for them to show themselves, they'll honor your prayers and show up. Some of my friends have done it! They can hear your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
By the way I see you've become familiarized with the research of Ian Lungold and Carl Calleman about The Mayan Calendar. I really believe they got it figured out perfectly. Almsot everything that was said in Ian's lectures years ago has come into fruition, from the economy crumbling to the general populace becoming ethical, it's just amazing mate. It's such a shame that Ian had to die.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I have yet to see anything like a UFO... I'm starting to feel a little left out.

Since I live somewhat close to an airport, unless something goes super fast or does an obvious zig-zag, I pretty much assume it's an airplane. Maybe I'll see something one of these days. But in the meantime, it's interesting to read the experience of others.

kid ~ I like your username. (I think we have the same dad lol). Also, thanks for the links in your siggy.... I was actually just thinking about looking those up to watch.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

I have yet to see anything like a UFO... I'm starting to feel a little left out.

Just watch the sky for a few hours each night for about a month...I guarantee you you will see what people (including me) are talking about. Now what they are? LOL, that is a different story.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Definately no stars and no baloons or chinese laterns either because the 2 last nights i saw them flying exactly against the wind (which was blowing pretty strong) - completely impossible for a baloons or laterns.

The more i see them, the more i get the impression that these lights are some natural phenomena, maybe some sort of ball lightning. They could be so called earthquake lights, which often appear over tectonically active regions, usualy in times EQs take place. At the time when those mystery lights started to appear over my town, we had several earthquakes around Crete, the strongest one was 6.4, on 1st July, south of Crete.

Ko3

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Ball lightening that so happens to take a static position right where a star would be???

I doubt that......

I am all for skeptical explanations but there are reports from all over the planet on these, I live in Tennessee, USA---I have seen this too. That is not Ball Lightening.

Sometimes something unknown is truly unknown my friend.
Do not try and talk yourself out of the real answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
reply to post by jkrog08

Definately no stars and no baloons or chinese laterns either because the 2 last nights i saw them flying exactly against the wind (which was blowing pretty strong) - completely impossible for a baloons or laterns.

The more i see them, the more i get the impression that these lights are some natural phenomena, maybe some sort of ball lightning. They could be so called earthquake lights, which often appear over tectonically active regions, usualy in times EQs take place. At the time when those mystery lights started to appear over my town, we had several earthquakes around Crete, the strongest one was 6.4, on 1st July, south of Crete.

Ko3

In person, there's a very clear difference between sky lanterns and the real UFO orbs that are frequenting your city, as well as in England and in many other parts of the world. Just like in that video I showed you, when you see them from up-close they're roughly basketball-sized globes that each have a distinct tint, but at the same time they flicker all the colours of visible light from the electromagnetic radiation spectrum very quickly on the surface (all the colours from a rainbow) and pulsate from the center.

Well gee, no wonder some crop circles display signs of radioactivity; they are somehow increasing the wavelength of radiation from the range of visible light (the light our eyes pick up) to the range near microwave when they hover over the crops and do their thing, and then they decrease the wavelength back to visible light, so we could see them again.
Take a look at he electromagnetic spectrum to help you understand: lot.astro.utoronto.ca...

These objects are no natural phenomenon; more likely that they're multi-dimensional extraterrestrials. The closest footage I've ever seen with these UFOs was shot by a woman in Derbyshire, England:

[

[edit on 22-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Nice work my greek friend!

I have a cousin who works on the Naval base in Hania... I'll ask him to keep an eye out.

You should really try to find yourself a Tripod... it would work with a small digital camera as well, and we'd see a steady, well taken picture

"to nou sou!" haha

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Interestingly enough it seems that there is not any major mention of these events on any mainstream ufology sites. There are mentions in this forum and others, but aside from a few entries in MUFON and others it seems that no one is really taking large notice of these anomalies. Although with these events taking place over bigger cities they are sure to draw attention. It does seem that these "intelligent stars" are gaining more notice in this current UFO Wave of 2009. I am interested to be updated on any further sightings on the other side of the globe.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Interestingly enough it seems that there is not any major mention of these events on any mainstream ufology sites. There are mentions in this forum and others, but aside from a few entries in MUFON and others it seems that no one is really taking large notice of these anomalies. Although with these events taking place over bigger cities they are sure to draw attention. It does seem that these "intelligent stars" are gaining more notice in this current UFO Wave of 2009. I am interested to be updated on any further sightings on the other side of the globe.

Probably because most people still prosper on the old belief that all extraterrestrials are little green, carbon-based men that travel around in metallic saucers held together by nuts & bolts. It's what they have been conditioned to believe, so it's what they expect to discover when searching for ET life. In other words, when they see the "star-like" ETs, they incorrectly identify them as satellites or stars and dismiss them all together. This is an old, outdated paradigm that is restricting us from truly realizing the extent that which ET life can exist in the universe.

I have seen these "star-like" UFOs from about two hundred feet; they're just masses of pure light/radiation, and they display a considerable amount of intelligence. One of the members from here (ufoorbhunter) had a similar close encounter near Buxton. He had a dyno torch and flashed them in intervals of three, and they flashed him (lit up) back three times.

You know, it really stacks up to some new age spiritual beliefs that everything in the universe is just condensed light/energy vibrating at different rates. Even today on the news there was an article talking about how scientists have discovered that humans emitted light: www.livescience.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Ball lightening that so happens to take a static position right where a star would be???

I doubt that......

I am all for skeptical explanations but there are reports from all over the planet on these, I live in Tennessee, USA---I have seen this too. That is not Ball Lightening.

Sometimes something unknown is truly unknown my friend.
Do not try and talk yourself out of the real answer.

I'm trying to find out what type of UFO / phenomena this is i'm witnessing here lately, so among others i came across reports about so called "earthquake lights", and i think at least some of the strange lights i see might indeed be related to that phenomena, since Crete is a seismic active region, located on the african-european collision zone and we had a series of quakes this month.
But to be honest i doubt it too

Ko3

[edit on 23-7-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Nice video. Some of the lights in this vid, indeed look very similar to what is floating around in the air above Agios Nikolaos. I wish i can figure out how to zoom in like that with the camera i got here.

Ko3

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join