It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hemp seed oil/ biodegradeable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
With the landfills reaching to the skies, trash littering our streets, and very few places left where you can see the stars due to power plants and waste dumps, one would think the higher ups would try a new solution to our problems, this subject has always peeked my interest I have done some research and realized how useful hemp is, Hemp is another word for the plant Cannabis sativa L. Marijuana comes from this same plant genus – and so do broccoli and cauliflower. But the strains of hemp used in industrial and consumer products contain only a negligible level of the intoxicating substance delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. Thus, industrial grade hemp is not marijuana.Hemp is the most useful and beneficial plant in nature.

Hemp as food
Hemp seeds are drug-free and extremely nutritious. They can be eaten whole, pressed into edible oil like soybeans, or ground into flour for baking. They are one of the best sources of vegetable protein. They contain a full complement of essential amino acids, essential fatty-acids (EFA'S), and have been shown to lower blood cholesterol and dissolve plaque in coronary arteries.

Because hemp is such a hardy plant, it can grow easily and abundantly almost anywhere, and can provide nutrition where other edible crops just won't grow. Hemp can even be cultivated in arid regions with poor soil like Saharan Africa or in places with a very short growing season like Scandinavia.

Hemp for body care

Hemp seed oil is perfectly suited for hair and skin care. Its nutritional value, combined with its moisturizing and replenishing EFA's, make it one of the best vegetable body care foundations. Hemp seed oil's EFA complement includes polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega-3, omega-6, omega-9, linoleic acid, and gamma linoleic acids (GLA's). Although they are very effective in skin care maintenance, GLA's are rarely found in natural oils. Hemp is an excellent source of GLA's.

Paper from hemp

Hemp paper is naturally acid-free. The oldest printed paper in existence is a 100 percent hemp Chinese text dated to 770 AD. Thomas Jefferson drafted both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution on hemp paper.

Hemp's cellulose level is almost three times that of wood, so it makes superior paper and yields four times as much pulp per acre as trees. The hemp paper process also utilizes less energy and fewer chemicals than tree paper processing and doesn't create the harmful dioxins, chloroform, or any of the other 2,000 chlorinated organic compounds that have been identified as byproducts of the wood paper process.

Hemp is a sustainable, annual crop that is ready for harvest just 120 days after going to seed, compared to trees which take tens or hundreds of years to reach maturity. Further, harvesting hemp doesn't destroy the natural habitats of thousands of distinct animal and plant species.

"Historically, hemp was an important source of paper fiber until the early 1900's when chemicals were developed to advance the wood paper pulp industry. Wood pulp paper rode the chemical revolution to its apex before the public health hazards of toxic chemicals were an issue and before the environmental consequences of clear-cutting forests were appreciated."

"Hemp as fuel
Hemp seeds have provided a combustible fuel oil throughout human history. More importantly, though, the same high cellulose level that makes hemp ideal for paper also makes it perfect for ethanol fuel production. Ethanol is the cleanest-burning liquid bio-alternative to gasoline. In one test, an unleaded gasoline automobile engine produced a thick, black carbon residue in its exhaust, while the tailpipe of a modified ethanol engine tested for the same 3,500 miles remained pristine and residue-free. These are only a few of the many wonderful uses of hemp, and it makes me wonder, I know the government knows of its uses but they make more money destroying things then they do fixing and preventing problems

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I use Bert's Bees sunscreen with hemp seed oil. It is amazing. Your skin feels great.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
yeh i agree brooklyn87

Here in Tasmania, we are raping our forest in the name of paper. We take away our precious old ,bio -diverse forests and replace them with new, mono-cultered forests of trees that take 40 50 years to grow.

Now because they take so long to grow, there are few jobs associated with them. and we get told that more trees were planted that were there before, so whats the problem.
these tree factories are also starting to replace good farming land with plantations that tie up the land for 40-50 years, killing communities.

If we grew hemp, there would be more jobs, Healthier communities, we could leave our old forests alone and possible let newer ones grow only for wood. Hell, Hemp could even be processed to replace wood.

but nooooo...it never gets taken seriously, it is a shame.

Hemp is waiting to save the planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So many uses for the plant, so many excuses why we can't use it. Ignorant politicians and their silly laws.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hemp is great! I have particular seed bank that provides me with wonderful products. Too bad it is illegal where I live and have to hide the plants and the results. I can make sturdy clothing from this, I can actually create something to write on, I can make wonderful oils that soothe the skin, I can produce many wonderful products. some things that would take me years to produce, while ignoring a renewable product that can take only one growing season to get the same benefits. Too bad it's illegal. Sorry about my luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Being a diabetic, I can use lotions etc, to preserve my skin and make it moist and,yet, also strong. The lotions don't work very well and have a funny, manufactured, flowery smell. Hemp oil works wonders. It smells natural, the greasy feel soon goes away. And it doesn't attract insects. I can't buy this product anymore where I live. It's not that it's outlawed, its' just "not acceptable" anymore. This is silly. What, am I going to smoke some oil?
I doubt it would burn in the first place. What is this stigma? Oh, yeah, POT. Evil. It causes negro men to rape white wimmens.
That's not what this is all about, yet, that is what mainstream people think it is all about.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Being a diabetic, I can use lotions etc, to preserve my skin and make it moist and,yet, also strong. The lotions don't work very well and have a funny, manufactured, flowery smell. Hemp oil works wonders. It smells natural, the greasy feel soon goes away. And it doesn't attract insects. I can't buy this product anymore where I live. It's not that it's outlawed, its' just "not acceptable" anymore. This is silly. What, am I going to smoke some oil?
I doubt it would burn in the first place. What is this stigma? Oh, yeah, POT. Evil. It causes negro men to rape white wimmens.
That's not what this is all about, yet, that is what mainstream people think it is all about.

I want to focus on something you said

It causes negro men to rape white women’s.

I had no idea a plant could cause this! Omg
we need to make this illegal to prevent the black man from rapeing our woman’s....

But for real I wonder if anyone has taken a hard look at the hemp/pot situation and came up with hard numbers if we were to tax it and make laws to govern it. I wonder could this plant save our economy? Could it in fact save America?

now stay with me here I buy a ounce of weed from the government run pot depository I would pay lets say 500$ and from that 500$, 45% is taxed I believe that would be a 225$ gain it does not cost much to grow and if they were to remove the negative stigma from it and market it to the populous more I feel that it could finance allot of programs.

Now to address the laws concerning legalizing pot don't drive under the influence I like Germanys take on there DUI laws they are harsh and I think ours should be harsher. The government could license dealers they pay a % of there total sales I mean why not.

I do apologize if this does not make much since it is late and im firing from the hip here.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It truly is a wonderful plant, i recently did an essay for university on how hemp could be a wonderful solution to many problems currently being faced due to the GFC.
The biggest problem was getting people to understand that hemp has no relation to marijuana, sadly now labeled a stoner.

Some good info on non-pulp paper:
www.lusabooks.com...

Current uses and future possibilities for hemp in Aus:
www.newcrops.uq.edu.au...

ALOT of information on industrial hemp by the Queensland Gouv. Aus:
www2.dpi.qld.gov.au...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It just makes you wonder why they would suppress such a wonderful plant that could possible solve our trash problems

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
does anyone know of a place in texas to get good hemp products for hair

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
you might like the following link:

rexresearch.com...

strangely, prohibition can be maintained just by remaining silent at this point. tradition is a powerful tool indeed.

[edit on 2009.7.22 by Long Lance]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the link!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the link is more informational, I was wondering where I could by products, anyone know of a good website

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yeah... its been proven hemp is kinda like the "ultimate plant"... it could be used for everything from clothing to biofuel to producing more oxygen into the air....

the problem? money. when there is a natural plant that can simply grow outside and provide all that hemp provides... people lose a LOT of money.. mainly the energy and fuel companies.

not to mention .. i can never figure out why its illegal to grow hemp these days when it isnt even a drug. hemp isnt the same as marijuana... so why is it illegal to grow?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi, seed fans.

See those URLs:

Cure Cancwe with Hemp Oil. Phoenix Tears.
www.phoenixtears.ca...

THC marijuana cure cancer. Harvard study.
www.nowpublic.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
All true but also distilled hemp from the resin of the buds is a major anti-cancer agent. Hemp is also supposed to be one of the main plants to help to dissolve or prevent dissociation which is the primary media activity used to keep people caught up in illusion/pretending/escape.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: calihan_12
hemp isnt the same as marijuana... so why is it illegal to grow?

It's not, at least in the US. It's legal although regulated. Trump signed the Bill in Dec. 2018.

H.R. 2 - 115th Congress

legalize industrial hemp and make hemp producers eligible for the federal crop insurance program;

top topics

join