It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS chief accused of using no-fly list for political payback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Arizona's state treasurer is not-so-subtly accusing President Obama's Homeland Security chief of abusing America's "no-fly" list to satisfy a personal vendetta against him.

State Treasurer Dean Martin told Arizona CBS affiliate KPHO that his name suddenly appeared on the government's list of those banned from US commercial flights after former Arizona governor Janet Napolitano became head of the DHS.

Martin claims the airline blacklisting may be related to his past political rivalry with Napolitano.

"My staff used to joke after my disagreements with the previous governor that I wouldn't be able to fly once she got back in D.C." he told KPHO. "I didn't believe them, but it's actually happening."
source

This is interesting. According to Arizona State Treasurer Dean Martin, DHS Chief Janet Napolitano is abusing the no-fly list. I wonder just how many people have been added to the list just because somebody didn't like them.

That's one of the main dangers of this whole 'DHS list' fiasco: anyone who steps on the toes of someone important enough could end up on it for no other reason than that. You piss off Janet Napolitano, you're a terrorist.

This list needs to be destroyed, and the people responsible for initiating it need to be jailed. This has gone way too far.

TA

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
First off in no way am I surprised that some people are using the list as a method of exacting revenge. Politics in washington have gotten to the point where this sort of thing is common and yet still ugly. This is the sort of thing that goes on in Obama's cousins gov't back in Kenya. I guess we'll be an evil 3rd orld corrupt dictatorship before long either...

1) They used the closure of auto dealerships to punish those we didn't give them money in the last election.
2) They use TARP to give money to ACORN; which filled out thousands of ballets in names of fictional people (Bart Simpson etc) to vote by mail in ballot.
3) The shafted bond holders in the auto industry to give free shares to the UAW executive who are the ones who helped wreck the auto companies in the first place.
4) The use HLS to call conservatives terrorists and liberal groups with histories of terrorism as "concerned citizens".
5) Now they use the no fly list as a way to get back at personal enemies.

What's next?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true either. You forgot one though:

6) They try to use the DHS watch list to strip people of their Second Amendment rights.

The path we're heading down is dangerous and if we continue in that direction we may find ourselves unable to make a u-turn. Thanks and star for the insightful reply.

TA

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
They have a plan for this nation and they believe they are right and that there way is the only correct way. They will do anything to achieve that goal. I suspect that the goal is to make themselves the rulers of everyone else, but I could be wrong. It is possible that they truly are derranged enough to believe that these changes will make the US a better place... I don't think so but I'm willing to admit there is a chance they are stupid instead of traitors.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Reminds me of a quote:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive . . . . . those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." – ;C. S. Lewis

They could very well believe that they're doing what is in our best interest, and that's a truly frightening thought. It's a little more comforting to believe it's one huge conspiracy than it is to believe that people that idiotic are running the show. Tough call, there's evidence to support both.

TA

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have always wondered, why don't they publish the list online? I once had an encounter at an airport trying to get from my old duty station to my next one and I was not allowed on the flight because I was a "security risk" I was in uniform and so where the other two people travailing with me they were allowed on the flight but I was not, so than I called my old chain of command.
they called the airport as it turns out I was on the no fly list so after about 2 weeks of fighting to establish that I was not a terrorist and that I was indeed supposed to go to Cuba.
I was taken off the list but the question I want answered is why was I on it in the first place?
I blame you ats

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Is there a way to see if your name is on the 'no fly list' before going to the airport for a flight and finding out then at the last minute?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

You can file a FOIA request, but I have no way of knowing whether doing so will land you on the list if you weren't there to begin with. Here is a website that explains how.

TA

[edit on 19-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Great! I am sure it probably would. It would be suspicious to send in an FOIA to see if I was on the list. They would think I had a plan or something,

Oh well, I wish I had the money to go to some remote place on Earth and watch the events I am afraid we will be facing here in the US.

top topics

join