It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Condemns Video of Captured G.I.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just wanna say one more thing. I cant speak for other marines, but I DO NOT hate middle easterners. I HATE extremists and terrorists (and no matter what you think, they do exist). I LOVE every person on earth except these people who wish death on us just because we arent islamic.

I am half black and have encountered racism quite a few times in life and I WILL ALWAYS fight for equality, but islamic extremists dont want equality at all. They believe they are right and everyone else is wrong.

When I was in iraq I actually made friends with some of the local people my age and they were cool! They DID NOT share their parents view of "death to america". They were good people. There are many good people over there. A lot of these young people wanted to live in europe or the states I felt really bad that they are stuck in Iraq to say the least.

Also contrary to popular belief a good amount of civilians wanted us there. A lot of these people HATED saddam. Believe me I was hugged by quite a few people who were THANKFUL for us.

Anyways just wanted to point out we dont hate them all (atleast I didnt and all my marine buddies didnt). And they dont all hate us.

Of course there are SCUMBAG marines who do horrible stuff to innocent people but I just want everyone to know the average marine doesnt support that activity.

Please dont hate me just because I'm a marine. I'm a hardworking family man, not some sadistic killer. I am a GOOD person and have done charity work for poor and abused children in my community and have done many things to help less than fortunate people (i'm from the slums) and many other things to make the world a better place. Please dont judge me just because I'm a proud soldier. Please try to put yourselves in my shoes and understand where I'm coming from. Lord knows Im attempting to understand your views.

Anyways i'm at work and literally havent done any work yet today, I been chatting on here to much! So time to get some work done.

Peace yall.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You do realize that only twenty years ago the term "preemptive strike" is an act of war right ?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That kind of reminds me of the Japanese who executed the Allied troops when they heard about the American bombings of the Japanese homeland. The Japanese had the right to be pissed off of what the Americans did. Sooo in a way the Allied troops deserved to be executed for the bombings in Japan during WWII.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

It's entirely understandable to hate these extremists. They terrorize and murder for the supposed cause of their religion and nothing else. The problem is that the only reason they've been able to keep going strong is because they are indoctinating people who have witness our military attack their villages, come into their homes with guns, and leave the dead bodies of friends and family behind.

As I said in another post, we are no more right or wrong than they are. But the only reason this war is still going on is because people see us doing this to them and then they join the enemy. Not because they believe in the ideology of "death to infidels!", but because they want to get their revenge.

If we had a dictator ruling this country and another country came to our "rescue" with promises of giving us freedom I would initially welcome them with open arms and support them fighting the armies that have brought nothing but terror to our streets. But as soon as they start blowing up neighborhoods, forcing their way into my house and leaving the bodies of my friends, family and neighbors behind, you can bet I will change my mind really quickly and join "the resistance".

The problem is that they aren't all Islamic extremists that we are fighting, especially in Iraq. We created a new enemy with a different objective simply because of the way we went in their with guns drawn and missels flying.

The extremists will never give up because it's against their very religion. The insurgents will never give up as long as we are still occupying their country. We will never give up as long as either of those two factions are not giving up.

It's a giant crapshoot.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I'm sorry...I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you saying that either side would be justified by attacking another country before you think another country is going to attack you? that a preemptive strike is just like self defense?

It's possible that the reason that a preemptive strike was no longer considered just because it was realized that it was based on might's, maybe's, most likely's and possibly's, but in the end, those mights and maybe could very well turn into not gonna's and didn't happens.

I'm not going to punch someone in the face just because they tell me they want to punch ME in the face. I'm no better than them in that respect. "hahaha...I got you first!" "But it was self defense officer".

[edit on 20-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

It's entirely understandable to hate these extremists. They terrorize and murder for the supposed cause of their religion and nothing else. The problem is that the only reason they've been able to keep going strong is because they are indoctinating people who have witness our military attack their villages, come into their homes with guns, and leave the dead bodies of friends and family behind.

As I said in another post, we are no more right or wrong than they are. But the only reason this war is still going on is because people see us doing this to them and then they join the enemy. Not because they believe in the ideology of "death to infidels!", but because they want to get their revenge.

If we had a dictator ruling this country and another country came to our "rescue" with promises of giving us freedom I would initially welcome them with open arms and support them fighting the armies that have brought nothing but terror to our streets. But as soon as they start blowing up neighborhoods, forcing their way into my house and leaving the bodies of my friends, family and neighbors behind, you can bet I will change my mind really quickly and join "the resistance".

The problem is that they aren't all Islamic extremists that we are fighting, especially in Iraq. We created a new enemy with a different objective simply because of the way we went in their with guns drawn and missels flying.

The extremists will never give up because it's against their very religion. The insurgents will never give up as long as we are still occupying their country. We will never give up as long as either of those two factions are not giving up.

It's a giant crapshoot.

I pretty much agree with you, Nunya. Its just all the marine bashing (or what I perceive as bashing) gets to me sometimes. I just want people to attempt to try to understand my views, even if yall disagree. I am trying REALLY hard to do the same. I just want people to see we arent bad people, we are humans like yall with children, girlfriends, wives and families. We arent brutal sadistic child killers like people paint us as. Also it pisses me off how people talk about the stuff america does but then when something happens to a american they seem to not care. I dont get how some people dont care for their own. It bugs me.

But I agree war is HELL and its EVIL. Its a sham.

And I really dont like the word hate, its a strong ugly word. But some of these people do hate us, and I know it isnt right but I cant help but feel the same way about them. Anyone who wishes death on me and my children or murders my sister (which these people did) is not good in my book what so ever.

I just want people to see they all arent innocent over there.

I also agree this will NEVER end unless one side decides to turn the other cheek. I hope it happens soon I dont want more of my brothers and sisters dieing. It wont happen soon but one can be optimistic.

Peace and love! (and I truly mean that yall, I just want peace! Peace, happiness and love are the most beautiful things on earth)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well, I don't see the troops as evil. Their are definitely some troops that are there only because they are warped and can essentially get away with murder. But it's no different than there being warped people among any other group. Sometimes people chose to be part of certain groups that would otherwise be for the purpose of helping others because they can get away with more.

This is true in the case of the military, police force, politicians, prison guards, judges, lawyers, etc. Sometimes these professions attract some bad people simply because the nature of the job rides the line between helping and hurting humanity.

I hope you don't think I was bashing on you or the troops in general. It's just that when you take the situation as a whole and try to see it through the eyes of the other side, you can see how they become irate at us. But there response is not justified. It's that they think they are. Just like we do.

You and your sister we doing nothing more than fighting for your lives and trying to protect innocents. Unfortunately, and I don't know if this is true in your case, innocents get killed by either side in most cases. And regardless of intention, it's pretty much a given that one side or the other has just created another enemy to join the cause.

Have you ever seen the movie "Letters from Iwo Jima"? It might open your eyes to seeing things "from the other side".

You might be able to put yourselves in the shoes of an "extremist" who saw his fellow countrymen killed and decided to "enlist" in the fight. You might have a lot of things in common with this person. He might be a regular joe in his country with a wife and kids who used to go to work every morning and come home and have dinner with his family every night. Who found himself staring at the dead body of a loved one one day and decided he couldn't sit back and watch this go on any longer. You may have even looked into his eyes at one point and both of you were thinking the exact same thing, "You killed someone I love" (whether it was actually you or not).

I believe your motives and the motives of some of our enemies are truly just. But it's the extremists on both sides that are causing the suffering of innocents simply because they have a warped ideology whether it be for power or religion. And as long as they have people who suffer and retaliate on both sides, they can keep this going for as long as they want and never have to stare down the barrel of a gun fighting for their life.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Well, I don't see the troops as evil. Their are definitely some troops that are there only because they are warped and can essentially get away with murder. But it's no different than there being warped people among any other group. Sometimes people chose to be part of certain groups that would otherwise be for the purpose of helping others because they can get away with more.

This is true in the case of the military, police force, politicians, prison guards, judges, lawyers, etc. Sometimes these professions attract some bad people simply because the nature of the job rides the line between helping and hurting humanity.

I hope you don't think I was bashing on you or the troops in general. It's just that when you take the situation as a whole and try to see it through the eyes of the other side, you can see how they become irate at us. But there response is not justified. It's that they think they are. Just like we do.

You and your sister we doing nothing more than fighting for your lives and trying to protect innocents. Unfortunately, and I don't know if this is true in your case, innocents get killed by either side in most cases. And regardless of intention, it's pretty much a given that one side or the other has just created another enemy to join the cause.

Have you ever seen the movie "Letters from Iwo Jima"? It might open your eyes to seeing things "from the other side".

You might be able to put yourselves in the shoes of an "extremist" who saw his fellow countrymen killed and decided to "enlist" in the fight. You might have a lot of things in common with this person. He might be a regular joe in his country with a wife and kids who used to go to work every morning and come home and have dinner with his family every night. Who found himself staring at the dead body of a loved one one day and decided he couldn't sit back and watch this go on any longer. You may have even looked into his eyes at one point and both of you were thinking the exact same thing, "You killed someone I love" (whether it was actually you or not).

I believe your motives and the motives of some of our enemies are truly just. But it's the extremists on both sides that are causing the suffering of innocents simply because they have a warped ideology whether it be for power or religion. And as long as they have people who suffer and retaliate on both sides, they can keep this going for as long as they want and never have to stare down the barrel of a gun fighting for their life.

Good post. Once again I pretty much agree.

And letters is a great movie. One of my favorites from recent years. I can and do try to put myselves in their shoes and understand their views. I however cant sympathize with them (well I do the Japanese, but not islamic extremists, I'd explain but I dont think I'll be able to because of my brain problems, I can only discuss simple things).

And there are evil corrupt scum who join the marines because they get off on killing. It disgusts me. I cant say I really felt any felt anything killing the people I did (we are trained not to feel anything kinda), but I sure as hell didnt enjoy it. Killing humans is fun in no way whatsoever.

Also these corrupt marines do get punished, believe me. They get punished by the gov (sometimes, sadly I admit not enough though) AND us fellow marines. We dont tolerate these scum.

And to everyone- dont get mad at me from my few angry posts in here. This is just a VERY touchy subject for me. Probably more than it is for most of yall because I was shot over there and I will NEVER be the same as I was before the brain damage. Also I lost my little sis there, who I loved dearly.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I believe in national security!

A good troop is a troop that stays at home!
A good troop is a troop that doesn't involve himself in pre-emptive strikes.
A good troop is a troop that refuses to fight in an immoral war.

The best troops are activists!
These are troops that fight the enemy within.

End of story!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I believe in national security!

A good troop is a troop that stays at home!
A good troop is a troop that doesn't involve himself in pre-emptive strikes.
A good troop is a troop that refuses to fight in an immoral war.

The best troops are activists!
These are troops that fight the enemy within.

End of story!

If you are a "troop" that is actually in the military, you cant refuse anything. You'll be jailed pretty much.

BTW I didnt join the marines to kill. I've had a crappy life, I'm from the projects, had a child at a early age and left home at 15. I joined the mariens for discipline and college money (I never made it to college though). NOTHING was ever given to me.

So am I not a good person because I went to iraq? I think not. I'm a family man who works for charity and I also volunteer time on the weekends to help poor and abused kids in my community. My entire life is devoted to helping my people in my neighborhood (the slums). I'm hardly a bad person.

I guess you could call me a activist too. I stand up for what I believe in! (which ISNT war nowadays, btw).

Just cause someones a marine doesnt make them bad.

Please show some respect. I'm attempting to understand you guys' views and I respect yall. I expect the same in return. I'm not some barbaric killer.

peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What a shame the video..

call me old fashoned,but i hope there not going to wait on a phone call to act on this one..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
If you are a "troop" that is actually in the military, you cant refuse anything. You'll be jailed pretty much.

Being a good troop isn't easy
these days even activists are getting jailed and get on a terror watch list

What are you doing to help people?

I don't invade countries
I also help out with local communities and do volunteer work
But most importantly, I don't invade countries.

I guess you could call me a activist too. I stand up for what I believe in! (which ISNT war nowadays, btw).

Well you yourself just said that if you did stand up for what you believed in you would end up in jail.

Never said that they are

I am not against you here friend, despite what you may think based on my posts.

I understand your situation, I just want you to understand it as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Being a good troop isn't easy
these days even activists are getting jailed and get on a terror watch list

What are you doing to help people?

I don't invade countries
I also help out with local communities and do volunteer work
But most importantly, I don't invade countries.

Well you yourself just said that if you did stand up for what you believed in you would end up in jail.

Never said that they are

I am not against you here friend, despite what you may think based on my posts.

I understand your situation, I just want you to understand it as well.

I do understand and all through this thread I've been AGREEING with you guys. Please stop attacking me.

So should I have let my wife and child go homeless just so I didnt have to go to Iraq? Thats what would have happened if I was jailed. I have a beautiful wife and daughter who completely depend on me. We are poor people, we arent privleged whatsoever and NOTHING was ever given to us. I will ALWAYS support my family they are all I have. I put them before everyone and everything else, including me. I put them before my personal beliefs, too.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Dude
Nobody is attacking you
This thread is just a friendly debate that's all

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Dude
Nobody is attacking you
This thread is just a friendly debate that's all

dont talk to me.

bye.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

arent you from Canada?

Second line///

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by ModernAcademia

arent you from Canada?

Second line///

Oh god.... I hope not.

lol

Nothing against canadians but I dont like people from other places preaching to me. If your american or from europe or whatever, fine, but dont speak if you are from somewhere hardly even involved in war.

(I just looked at his profile and it says "some americans support the troops they should be ashamed" how could you say that? You disgust me. You dont deserve to speak to me. Welcome to ignore) Supporting troops doesnt mean you support war, stupid. So you want all us troops dead, huh? You are no better than the extremists.

HOW DARE YOU WISH death upon me. I am a good hardworking man with a family. You are probably some pothead hippy kid on summer break hanging out in your parents huge house eating cheese sandwiches.

The way I look at it by not supporting troops you wish us dead, just like islam. Some of yall are so ass backwards in your beliefs.

90 percent of americans support troops, whether they agree with war or not. Supporting troops usually means you want them to come home, douchebag.

I know the last post I said I wasnt angry. But now I am. Asshole.

Dont even respond, I wont see it.

peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
some people like to preach to the choir when they have never set foot in a church..

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
some people like to preach to the choir when they have never set foot in a church..

Exactly. Thats what disgusts me about this whole thing..

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

What i am suggesting is that there have been countless attacks on U.S. citizens and holding way way before and Iraq invaded Kuwait. The fact remains that the U.S. has always been targeted for what ever reasons. Some say that its seeds back to the cold war which when the U.S.S.R. fell apart was then transformed into an attack on anything that represented capitalism.

Considering that there half a dozen nations who officially unofficially are at war and yet none of them perform acts of barbarism, then i guess one should question the mental health of the leaders who govern such nations and the citizens themselves who allow them to be governed by psychotic politicians who are hell bent on creating there own war for reasons which we still cannot grasp.

Then again, most of these nations have allowed themselves to be placed into these predicaments from inexperienced politicians when they sat down to talk to other world leader.

Example: Would you feel equal speaking to George Sorros about investing and its opportunity's in the global market, or would you feel intimidated thus acting on emotional and conspiratorial pre thoughts. ?

In short, they brought knifes to a gun fight in simple english.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join