It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.S. Condemns Video of Captured G.I.

page: 3
4
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This soldier is irresponsible...not only did he put himself at risk and get captured for disobeying orders and leaving his base with 3 afgahns (WHY? why would anyone leave the safety of the army base to go with 3 afghans into the middle east) but he is also endangering any soldiers that may come to his rescue. This guy is an idiot.

All I can say is there are soldiers who deserve to go home and this guy isn't one seeing as how he walked right into a trap. He's also being fed and clothed. Doesnt' seem to me that he's in bad shape.

As long as his head is still attached unlike many other marines who were captured AGAINST THEIR WILL- I have no pity for this irresponsible recruit. You dont walk off of your base and away from your country then expect us to come and rescue you.

I refuse to acknowledge this man as a soldier seeing as how he gives our vets and current soldiers a bad name.




posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You know what disgusts me? NONE of you have showed respect for this soldier, which is what the thread is about. Its NOT about your political views.

I killed no children or innocent people in iraq and neither did anyone I know.

The people who blew up my sister sure as hell werent innocent.

I'm officially done with this thread. Dont even respond to me.

PEace


[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
You know what disgusts me? NONE of you have showed respect for this soldier, which is what the thread is about. Its NOT about your political views.

And regarding that article, that is propaganda... I killed no children or innocent people in iraq and neither did anyone I know.

The people who blew up my sister sure as hell werent innocent.

I'm done with this thread.

PEace

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]


There is support for him, just not the type that I think your seeking. And yes it has gone way off topic, and I do apologize.
And I was not saying that you killed children, I was just putting my point across that the US is not as innocent as they claim to be, all the US and everyone is up in arms over this, but only a few people seem to realize that the US are just as guilty of committing these types of atrocities as the Taliban and so on.... More for others on this post.



posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
You know what disgusts me? NONE of you have showed respect for this soldier, which is what the thread is about. Its NOT about your political views.

And regarding that article, that is propaganda... I killed no children or innocent people in iraq and neither did anyone I know.

The people who blew up my sister sure as hell werent innocent.

I'm done with this thread.

PEace

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]


There is support for him, just not the type that I think your seeking. And yes it has gone way off topic, and I do apologize.
And I was not saying that you killed children, I was just putting my point across that the US is not as innocent as they claim to be, all the US and everyone is up in arms over this, but only a few people seem to realize that the US are just as guilty of committing these types of atrocities as the Taliban and so on.... More for others on this post.


Once again I agree. I really gotta stop lettin myself get riled up over this! I admit I keep looking at this as you guys attacking us marines, which you arent. I really should attempt to understand your viewpoints on this! (I'm trying!)

Peace!


[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I just wanna say one more thing, some people seem to think the only reason they hate us is because we are in their countries, this is not true. They hate us because we arent islamic, they believe everyone who isnt islamic should die. Believe me I heard "death to America!" and "Death to christians" and stuff like that 1000s of times over there..

Peace.


I think for the most part you are right. in July 1998, I was given a TDY assignment to Muscat, Oman when I was in the Air Force. We were there in support of C-130 logistical operations for Operation Southern Watch. We were allowed 3 meals a day at any one of 8 choice locations (everything from 4 star hotels and restaurants like the Intercontinental Hotel to Pizza Hut and KFC.. YEA! They had KFC and pizza hut in the middle east!). Every 4 of us were given our own private hooch with marble floors, satellite TV, the works.. Each hooch had a rental vehicle they could use to drive around the neighborhood and to the local malls and shopping centers.

We started getting intel coming through towards the end of our tour involving bomb threats and our rental vehicles. Things changed. We had to inspect our vehicles every time we entered them just to be sure noone planted anything. It was pretty spooky!

Alot of other stuff happened too involving the locals. And this was a part of the middle east very Westernized but still undoubtedly mostly muslim. We would go into the shopping malls and jewelry shops to check out what they had. Gold over there at the time was 8 dollars an ounce... When we went out and about, we would always stick together just in case. But we were basically scoffed at, given the finger, spit on by a few. It got to a point a few times where we had to leave ASAP or it would've gotten out of control. It didn't help that we stood out like a sore thumb with the polo shirts and bluejeans. We tried to go to the bar at the Holiday in one time in Muscat. We were just waiting for people to start throwing stuff just after the first 5 minutes. None of it had anything to do with the fact that we were military. Alot of them probably didn't even know who we were. But we were definately not muslim from what they could tell and because of that we were pretty unwelcome at alot of these local hotspots.

It was interesting! The chief master sergeant that was my first shirt in Muscat ended up getting a DUI back at my base a few months later, LOL. My supervisor was messing around with 2 Indian-looking gals with staunch british accents he met at the Holiday inn gift shop. I was always suspicious about those gals. They were always scantilly-clad and definately not your normal muslims. They just seemed too willing to show us the local scene and get us to go to the beaches and stuff. I never went. But I wouldn't doubt if they were MI6 or maybe even with some intelligence service for the Sultanate of Oman. My supervisor was a little more less paranoid than me, LOL!

-ChriS



posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 





posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I just wanna say one more thing, some people seem to think the only reason they hate us is because we are in their countries, this is not true. They hate us because we arent islamic, they believe everyone who isnt islamic should die. Believe me I heard "death to America!" and "Death to christians" and stuff like that 1000s of times over there..

Peace.


I think for the most part you are right. in July 1998, I was given a TDY assignment to Muscat, Oman when I was in the Air Force. We were there in support of C-130 logistical operations for Operation Southern Watch. We were allowed 3 meals a day at any one of 8 choice locations (everything from 4 star hotels and restaurants like the Intercontinental Hotel to Pizza Hut and KFC.. YEA! They had KFC and pizza hut in the middle east!). Every 4 of us were given our own private hooch with marble floors, satellite TV, the works.. Each hooch had a rental vehicle they could use to drive around the neighborhood and to the local malls and shopping centers.

We started getting intel coming through towards the end of our tour involving bomb threats and our rental vehicles. Things changed. We had to inspect our vehicles every time we entered them just to be sure noone planted anything. It was pretty spooky!

Alot of other stuff happened too involving the locals. And this was a part of the middle east very Westernized but still undoubtedly mostly muslim. We would go into the shopping malls and jewelry shops to check out what they had. Gold over there at the time was 8 dollars an ounce... When we went out and about, we would always stick together just in case. But we were basically scoffed at, given the finger, spit on by a few. It got to a point a few times where we had to leave ASAP or it would've gotten out of control. It didn't help that we stood out like a sore thumb with the polo shirts and bluejeans. We tried to go to the bar at the Holiday in one time in Muscat. We were just waiting for people to start throwing stuff just after the first 5 minutes. None of it had anything to do with the fact that we were military. Alot of them probably didn't even know who we were. But we were definately not muslim from what they could tell and because of that we were pretty unwelcome at alot of these local hotspots.

It was interesting! The chief master sergeant that was my first shirt in Muscat ended up getting a DUI back at my base a few months later, LOL. My supervisor was messing around with 2 Indian-looking gals with staunch british accents he met at the Holiday inn gift shop. I was always suspicious about those gals. They were always scantilly-clad and definately not your normal muslims. They just seemed too willing to show us the local scene and get us to go to the beaches and stuff. I never went. But I wouldn't doubt if they were MI6 or maybe even with some intelligence service for the Sultanate of Oman. My supervisor was a little more less paranoid than me, LOL!

-ChriS


My thoughts exactly, dude. Even the innocents and normal civilians HATE US! It has nothing to do with being in their countries, they just hate anything that isnt islamic or fits in their tradition. I got the same treatment even when I was in civilian clothes.

I DID however meet some young people my age there who were AWESOME people! So everyone there doesnt hate us. I've noticed some of the young people didnt have much problem with us, some of them were actually kinda westernized (into our music and movies and stuff). I however wouldnt go hang out with them in their houses or anything, I didnt trust them that much. But like I said some totally didnt mind us, they even liked us! Some of the young people seem to not hold the same beliefs as their parents.

Some of the young people I met even told me they completely disagree with their parents and they dont believe in the whole "Death to america" thing. They said they have to pretend to agree with it or else theyll be killed! Its quite sad. Some of them even appeared to want to live in europe or america and get the hell outta iraq! I felt bad for them to say the least!

But of course most the people we were fighting where young people too..

Peace dude and I appreciate your service!

This thread is really depressing so I'm done..

Peace yall! (Even the people I been arguing with, I love you all!)




[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
The US Military has NO REGARD for International law!!!!! They have more than proven this when they went against the UN!


Once again, not researching things are biting you on the ass.

The US military didn't go against the UN. The US military had nothing to do with that, it was the US government. Last time I checked, the military wasn't running the show here.

And before you start bleating about the US going against the UN, how many times did Saddam defy the UN? Just curious.



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
Found this on another thread.... mmmmm!

uruknet.com...

Think this says it all.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by The_Seeker]


And as jeasahtheseer said, what does this have to do with the OP?

Besides, read any newspaper. Seems like the Taliban and the Insurgents in Iraq seem to enjoy blowing up innocent civilians in crowded marketplaces.


unama.unmissions.org...

Think this says it all.



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by The_Seeker
The US Military has NO REGARD for International law!!!!! They have more than proven this when they went against the UN!


Once again, not researching things are biting you on the ass.

The US military didn't go against the UN. The US military had nothing to do with that, it was the US government. Last time I checked, the military wasn't running the show here.

And before you start bleating about the US going against the UN, how many times did Saddam defy the UN? Just curious.


Does it really matter about terminology!!!!! Either or they are the same.
As for Saddam.......who cares, the US put him in power anyways, monkey see monkey do!!!



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65
 


Same for the US as well.
Oh well I know for myself what is truth and I can see it. In fact I am sure the rest of the world sees it to. Its only the US that are hiding under their... we are always right... umbrella, hoping that the masses are stilled fooled into believing their stories.
I am just pointing out that the US cry and get upset when they get given what they gave themselves. If you cant see that......well so be it!



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by tristar
 


The US Military is touting "International Law?"

Dear God....

I have seen everything..

The US MILITARY.....

I don't know what's more concerning. The fact that we have Soldiers retarded enough to believe "international Law" exist, or the fact that the US Military believes it operates within the bounds of what International Law theoretically would be?


There are many laws within the U.N. that the U.S. and Israel have refused to accept as this seem's a normal part of of our new age. The same applies to Russia and China.

Classic example is the recent conflict between Israel and Palestine, a ship which mostly had backing from certain U.S. & E.U. firms was chartered to supply food and medical first aid equipment. This left a port from Cyprus and which had announced its final destination to Palestine. While in International waters, the ship was bordered by Israeli Seals 16 in total, the ship was seized and escorted not allowing the captain to continue his journey.

On the exact same note, N.Korea had very simply and very honestly stated that if their Ships are bordered at any time it will be an act of war and we will retaliate. By the way did you hear or see any ship being bordered based on the U.N. resolution backed by the U.S. and Japan. ?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by tristar]



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So a soldier who is part of a force from a far-larger, richer and more powerful country that has invaded a small, backwater country is captured.

What exactly am I feeling sorry for, here? It looks to me like he deserved everything he gets.

Oh, I'm talking about a Persian soldier being captured by the Greeks, just after the razing of Athens. What are you guys talking about?



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
So a soldier who is part of a force from a far-larger, richer and more powerful country that has invaded a small, backwater country is captured.

What exactly am I feeling sorry for, here? It looks to me like he deserved everything he gets.

Oh, I'm talking about a Persian soldier being captured by the Greeks, just after the razing of Athens. What are you guys talking about?


well arent you the clever one! no, you aren't.

Your another filthy extremists sympathizer aren't you? The muslim extremists have you so brainwashed. They arent innocent.

welcome to ignore all I ever see you doing is america hating. Your country has blood on its hands too. No government is innocent. They are all evil.

Thats the problem I have with you people you are so blind blaming other people for things you cant look at yourselves...

go away.


[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
go away.


Because you have simply commanded it? I think not, my lord.


Originally posted by jeasahtheseerwell arent you the clever one! no, you aren't.


Why so sensitive? That is an accurate assessment of the situation, is it not? Persia was far far larger and richer than Greece, and yet it still felt that their small sliver of land needed to be under the Persian thumb.

Are you suggesting that you see a reverse parallel from history to modern day, and that Western history is portrayed in a pro-Western light, but when the Western powers start acting like the vilified Eastern power, and vice versa, it is somehow not acceptable to hold the mirror up and show ourselves exactly what we are doing?


Originally posted by jeasahtheseerwelcome to ignore all I ever see you doing is america hating. You are a huge uneducated loser, obviously. Your country has blood on its hands too. No government is innocent. They are all evil.
[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]


Well, as vast as I attempt to be, I can't really claim the titled of "huge" and really mean it. Possibly just "podgy".

I don't recall being out in the streets demonstrating my support for the British government, but since you seem to recall me doing it I wholeheartedly apologise for my temporary lapse in sanity, as I genuinely believe you're right, no government is innocent.

But to give the kind of knee-jerk reaction to my opinion on your country's foreign policy seems to me an example of how insanely-patriotic brainwashing really does work.

America hating? Yes. Americans hating? No.

Apart from you, of course.

Edit:

Since you added a bit more, I feel I best address your personal crusade.


Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Your another filthy extremists sympathizer aren't you? The muslim extremists have you so brainwashed. They arent innocent.


Look at you, proverbially jumping up and down and pointing the finger! Now I'm virtually a terrorist myself, I suppose? I've probably performed half a dozen suicide bombings, don't you know?

Strangely, I don't buy into the "if you aren't with us, you're with the terrorists" mentality, I'm not with either of you because you're both two sides of the same dirty coin.

I do actually sympathise with extremists. Yourself, for example, has been made to think that all people from the Middle East are clearly baby-eating sociopaths, and Islamic jihadists have been made to think that everyone from the West is a selfish, cruel warmonger and to destroy as many of them, and yourself, garners one a brilliant reward in the afterlife of your choice.


Originally posted by jeasahtheseerThats the problem I have with you people you are so blind blaming other people for things you cant look at yourselves...


Amazing. Do you know what 'irony' is?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by The Last Man on Earth]



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


I accept your patriotism and i sympathize with your loss. What people fail to realize is that the actual allowance of ones ability to post his view and opinion is exactly what is being fought, both at home and abroad.

Freedom is not given to anyone it must obtained through blood and tears. Sad but true, there is always two sides to a coin. I myself have had, lets say, several u2u's who's nature was both to provoke or to open my deck of cards. However one feels the exact same principle of allowing one to question or support his views however abusive or intelligent they may seem is exactly what makes freedom worth fighting for.

Keep in mind, not all people are exposed to identical situations or views, everyone is product of their environment.



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
go away.


Because you have simply commanded it? I think not, my lord.


Originally posted by jeasahtheseerwell arent you the clever one! no, you aren't.


Why so sensitive? That is an accurate assessment of the situation, is it not? Persia was far far larger and richer than Greece, and yet it still felt that their small sliver of land needed to be under the Persian thumb.

Are you suggesting that you see a reverse parallel from history to modern day, and that Western history is portrayed in a pro-Western light, but when the Western powers start acting like the vilified Eastern power, and vice versa, it is somehow not acceptable to hold the mirror up and show ourselves exactly what we are doing?


Originally posted by jeasahtheseerwelcome to ignore all I ever see you doing is america hating. You are a huge uneducated loser, obviously. Your country has blood on its hands too. No government is innocent. They are all evil.
[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]


Well, as vast as I attempt to be, I can't really claim the titled of "huge" and really mean it. Possibly just "podgy".

I don't recall being out in the streets demonstrating my support for the British government, but since you seem to recall me doing it I wholeheartedly apologise for my temporary lapse in sanity, as I genuinely believe you're right, no government is innocent.

But to give the kind of knee-jerk reaction to my opinion on your country's foreign policy seems to me an example of how insanely-patriotic brainwashing really does work.

America hating? Yes. Americans hating? No.

Apart from you, of course.


I have served in Iraq and was shot in the face and lost my sister over there. Do you really hate me? I thought I was doing the right thing at the time, that doesnt make me dumb though. I was young and confused. How can you say you hate me? Did you read the whole thread? This is a touchy subject for me. Do you really hate people you dont even know? I never said I hate you.

Yes I am sensitive. I get mad about this stuff easily. And I edited out that loser comment, that was inapropriate, sorry.

I really gotta stop even reading this thread. I'm kinda obsessive compulsive and cant stop reading it everytime someone responds! I wish there was a ignore feature for threads! lol.

Bedtime for me.

Peace


[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Of course I don't hate you, I have sympathy for you. You were told it is right to join the military, invade one of America's pawns and you were told that it was right and just.

I realise this is an emotional issue for you, but you have to understand what it is your country is actually doing. I know they have you all hyped up about how the big mean terrorist is going to lay waste to suburbia, but what exactly is the terrorist's body count and the body count the West has accumulated from the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan? I don't think the terrorists have managed to keep up, do you?



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
So a soldier who is part of a force from a far-larger, richer and more powerful country that has invaded a small, backwater country is captured.

What exactly am I feeling sorry for, here? It looks to me like he deserved everything he gets.

Oh, I'm talking about a Persian soldier being captured by the Greeks, just after the razing of Athens. What are you guys talking about?


Leaving out the foreign policy which can be questioned over and over, the post is directed to that combatant. He is captured and unless a miracle happens i honestly do not see a positive outcome.

This comparison between a rich and poor country is and has been happening from the beginning of time. There is no difference, thousands of years ago they fought with stones, today we launch uav's from the other side of the world conducting the exact same principle.

To dominate the human race is an inbuilt mechanism, you cannot simply flip the switch and do away with it. Its our nature. Every empire has conducted exactly the same thing which the U.S. is now doing, why should they be called evil or un holly. ?



posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
reply to post by jeasahtheseer
 


Of course I don't hate you, I have sympathy for you. You were told it is right to join the military, invade one of America's pawns and you were told that it was right and just.

I realise this is an emotional issue for you, but you have to understand what it is your country is actually doing. I know they have you all hyped up about how the big mean terrorist is going to lay waste to suburbia, but what exactly is the terrorist's body count and the body count the West has accumulated from the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan? I don't think the terrorists have managed to keep up, do you?


I'm not some brainwashed monkey marine! I am COMPLETELY anti war nowadays and WILL NOT fight for these filthy politicians. I refuse!!! I was honorably discharged anyways so they cant make me go back...

This is just a big misunderstanding like with all the other people ive argued with in here. I jump the gun to fast and speak to soon sometimes I admit!

I'm not a bad guy and am actually VERY understanding of peoples views. Certain subjects are touchy for me, like this one. I probably shouldnt even read these threads its seriously not good for my mental health and brings up really horrible/sad memories.

one more thing I donno if you are suggesting we are just over there killing innocents... We arent. I killed no innocent people or children. Civilian casualties DO HAPPEN but its mostly because these cowards hide out in civilian areas. And of course there are bad marines that are retards and kill anyone. But most of us are good people. When I was over there if wed see a marine doing that wed kick his ass! Also when I joined marines I joined for discipline and money I've had a hard life and joined just before 911. I had NO IDEA id be goin to war anytime soon!

If you think there are no terrorists you are retarded.


Peace out




Gotta get to bed now.



[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]




top topics



 
4
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join