It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Condemns Video of Captured G.I.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I just wanna say one more thing, some people seem to think the only reason they hate us is because we are in their countries, this is not true. They hate us because we arent islamic, they believe everyone who isnt islamic should die. Believe me I heard "death to America!" and "Death to christians" and stuff like that 1000s of times over there..

Peace.

Right you heard that over there.
Because you were in their nation uninvited.

Maybe if they invited you into their home, things would be different. But you blew their home up and their kids got caught in the crossfire.

Look im totally sickened by Anti-Americanism as well, but your not exactly improving the situation. Your fueling the Anti-American fire and I want you to STOP pouring gas on the fire! Please!

Man I'm anti war nowadays, I'm just sayin what I saw there. I probably agree with you on more than you think.

I just sometimes get angry when I read stuff that I perceive as disrespectful to marines. I take it as they are disrespecting my sister and everyone else who has died.

Lets just stop fightin..

Peace!

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Where did I say the Taliban was innocent? No where. I called them totalitarian thugs. They are sick delusional murderers.

But, I was simply comparing you to them, because you share many of their beliefs.

They killed your sister so you killed theirs? Great way to resolve the problem. And the circle of murder continues...

Putting me on ignore. Figures.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Where did I say the Taliban was innocent? No where. I called them totalitarian thugs. They are sick delusional murderers.

But, I was simply comparing you to them, because you share many of their beliefs.

They killed your sister so you killed theirs? Great way to resolve the problem. And the circle of murder continues...

Putting me on ignore. Figures.

I didnt actually put you ignore, read my last post! I dont wanna argue anymore. You have your opinion I have mine.

And please dont even mention my sis. I dont like to hear people even mention her unless they are paying respect (I know you werent disrespecting, but I think you know what I mean). Its a touchy subject for me.

No hard feelings.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I just sometimes get angry when I read stuff that I perceive as disrespectful to marines.

Lets just stop fightin..

Peace!

I am not disrespecting Marines and I NEVER will. I would not disrespect every man in my family like that, because they fought and bled for me!

My family has fought in every war this nation has ever been in, since the Revolution against the British Empire.

I Love my military more than anything, but we are suppose to be the Liberators, the Better Man.

If we have hate for our enemy, we will never win. We must love them and teach them they are wrong. That is the ONLY way to defeat the Taliban and other psychopathic thugs.

We have to prove we are better. And by torturing them we are proving we are no better.

I apologize for coming off so strong against you, as I respect your service to our nation. But please lets try to educate our enemy instead of inflame them to hate us even more.

I agree with your viewpoints on most issues as well, if it matters.

And we are not suppose to be enemies, we are suppose to be ALLIES. Working togeather we can resolve the issues in the middle east far faster than by bickering and arguing with each other.

You are not the only one who lost loved ones to this stupid war. We are all suffering my friend. But killing more and more will not end the pain, it will only increase it.

I hope this soldier gets home safe, as I hope ALL our men and women in service do.

But I would never put boots on the ground in Asia, it's just foolish. Expect casualties. War is hell. And I wish it were not so, but it is so.

Let us reconcile our differences between each other, than let us reconcile with the Afghanistan people. And the Iraqis. That is the ONLY path to peace.

Ive had enough of the cemeteries and graveyards, I have enough with the funerals. This crap has got to end. Nothing sickens me more than to see an American soldier return in a coffin.

Its the worst damn feeling ive ever felt in my whole life to see American blood spill.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I just sometimes get angry when I read stuff that I perceive as disrespectful to marines.

Lets just stop fightin..

Peace!

I am not disrespecting Marines and I NEVER will. I would not disrespect every man in my family like that, because they fought and bled for me!

My family has fought in every war this nation has ever been in, since the Revolution against the British Empire.

I Love my military more than anything, but we are suppose to be the Liberators, the Better Man.

If we have hate for our enemy, we will never win. We must love them and teach them they are wrong. That is the ONLY way to defeat the Taliban and other psychopathic thugs.

We have to prove we are better. And by torturing them we are proving we are no better.

I apologize for coming off so strong against you, as I respect your service to our nation. But please lets try to educate our enemy instead of inflame them to hate us even more.

I agree with your viewpoints on most issues as well, if it matters.

And we are not suppose to be enemies, we are suppose to be ALLIES. Working togeather we can resolve the issues in the middle east far faster than by bickering and arguing with each other.

You are not the only one who lost loved ones to this stupid war. We are all suffering my friend. But killing more and more will not end the pain, it will only increase it.

I hope this soldier gets home safe, as I hope ALL our men and women in service do.

But I would never put boots on the ground in Asia, it's just foolish. Expect casualties. War is hell. And I wish it were not so, but it is so.

Let us reconcile our differences between each other, than let us reconcile with the Afghanistan people. And the Iraqis. That is the ONLY path to peace.

Ive had enough of the cemeteries and graveyards, I have enough with the funerals. This crap has got to end. Nothing sickens me more than to see an American soldier return in a coffin.

Its the worst damn feeling ive ever felt in my whole life to see American blood spill.

Yeah man I completely see where you are coming from and pretty much agree. I just have a short temper and get heated really easily.

I completely dont agree with war nowadays and I can see now that we are just fightin for these old filthy politicians. I do admit though when I was in Iraq I thought I was fighting for America.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I apologize to you for getting off my rocker as well. I like you, have a short temper.

And I respect you and commend you for putting your $ where your mouth is and stepping up to the plate to fight for our great nation.

I am going to add you to my friend list because I think we have come to realize we have far more in common than we first realized. I appreciate the chance to argue with you because I now realize I misunderstood you.

Always faithful.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by The_Seeker
I see it as a pot calling a kettle black really.
The US did certain things to Prisoners captured in the Middle east, but the minute it happens to them all hell breaks loose, and its against international law...yadda yadda.
Sorry but the US has NO RIGHT Complaining about this when they are just as bad as the people that are committing this act.
I feel sorry for the soldiers that are caught in the middle of this mess. But as I stated, the US did this to other countries soldiers, and didnt even blink an eye, and gave it another name (but we all knew it was torture), yet when it happens to their own, it an injustice and against international law... give me a break!!!!

Not that it makes it any more "right", but if you actually researched the history of the Iraq War, you're know that the first side to throw a stone in this glass house was Iraq, when they captured and executed US troops from the 507th. The dead US Troops were shown on Al Jazeera with bullet holes in their foreheads.

Actually, if YOU do YOUR research you will find that its was the Americans whom went where they were not wanted, AGAIN AND CONTINUALLY (seems to be the common thread with the US).
The US were the ones that instigated all of this, not the Iraqis. They didnt want the US there "sorting" out their affairs, they were more than happy with blowing each other up.....
The US was the one that placed in Hussein in for example, then because the US realized their stuff up, Bush used the excuse "War on Terror" to again justify the US being there, along with the excuse of "Weapons of mass destruction", which I may point out were never found. The US have been systematically destroying this country for years, and you still feel that the Iraqi's are at fault....
And now we have the US fighting a war in Afghanistan..... why, why are they there. I betcha its not to close out the drug trade.... to much profit in it for them to do that. Its more about the control factor.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Of course they're condemning the video. The Taliban are using their propaganda tactics against them. They capture ONE GUY, He has no visible injuries, he is being fed. After Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, Prison Ships in international waters, "Black Sites" in Eastern EU and the Middles East, and now the recently publicized Bagram Airbase facility, is it any wonder that the Taliban would opt for this move? Are any of you really surprised by the Gov's condemnation and the fact that FOX news has decided NOT to air the video?

They're in damage control.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Of course they're condemning the video. The Taliban are using their propaganda tactics against them. They capture ONE GUY, He has no visible injuries, he is being fed. After Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, Prison Ships in international waters, "Black Sites" in Eastern EU and the Middles East, and now the recently publicized Bagram Airbase facility, is it any wonder that the Taliban would opt for this move? Are any of you really surprised by the Gov's condemnation and the fact that FOX news has decided NOT to air the video?

They're in damage control.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by projectvxn]

Actually that was the rather ironic thing about it all.
Not that it makes it right, but as you said the guy actually looks well!
I just wish we never sent anyone over there. To much waste of life over the fact that they are trying to work out who has the biggest penis!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just to clarify, as I know I didn't in my earlier post, I am NOT advocating the Taliban's actions. My brother's boots are on the ground in Iraq.

Hopefully they'll release him. I don't want to see another good kid get killed.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Actually, if YOU do YOUR research you will find that its was the Americans whom went where they were not wanted, AGAIN AND CONTINUALLY (seems to be the common thread with the US).

Really? So that gives a country the right to ignore the Geneva Convention? That's interesting.

The US have been systematically destroying this country for years, and you still feel that the Iraqi's are at fault....

Funny, we are systematically "destroying" this country? And how about the hospitals the guys in my Wing built? And the other civil affairs projects??

And now we have the US fighting a war in Afghanistan..... why, why are they there. I betcha its not to close out the drug trade.... to much profit in it for them to do that. Its more about the control factor.

Well, once again, the research pays off. We were in A-stan before Iraq.

And yeah, we have no reason to be fighting the Taliban, right? And it doesn't have anything to due with the drug trade.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

The US Military is touting "International Law?"

Dear God....

I have seen everything..

The US MILITARY.....

I don't know what's more concerning. The fact that we have Soldiers retarded enough to believe "international Law" exist, or the fact that the US Military believes it operates within the bounds of what International Law theoretically would be?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I dont think anyone is advocating this. Its horrid that we feel we have to fight the fights we do.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Really? So that gives a country the right to ignore the Geneva Convention? That's interesting.

The US have been systematically destroying this country for years, and you still feel that the Iraqi's are at fault....

Funny, we are systematically "destroying" this country? And how about the hospitals the guys in my Wing built? And the other civil affairs projects??

Well, once again, the research pays off. We were in A-stan before Iraq.

And yeah, we have no reason to be fighting the Taliban, right? And it doesn't have anything to due with the drug trade.

Geneva Convention... please tell me when the US have follow it?

Mate whether the US was there before or after (they still want control of something they cant have), the fact is that the US are were they are NOT WANTED..... And they are justifying this with pitiful excuses. Enough is Enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Geneva Convention... please tell me when the US have follow it?

How about coming up with an example of the Taliban or insurgents following it?

Mate whether the US was there before or after (they still want control of something they cant have), the fact is that the US are were they are NOT WANTED..... And they are justifying this with pitiful excuses. Enough is Enough.

I guess you think that the Taliban were doing such a bang-up job in Afghanistan while they were in power. Nothing like sending an entire country back to the 4th Century.

But you seem to be buying the "US in Afghanistan for drugs" BS. Let me know how that works out.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I don't know what's more concerning. The fact that we have Soldiers retarded enough to believe "international Law" exist, or the fact that the US Military believes it operates within the bounds of what International Law theoretically would be?

Yeah, because the US military is a buncha retards, right?

If the US military didn't believe in international law, we wouldn't be working under a restrictive ROE.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Didnt say that they were not following it, was just pointing out the fact that US cry bloody murder when this happens to them, but the minute it brought to the worlds attention that the US have been doing this stuff as well... well they seems to justify it and say that its ok.
And as for the Taliban doing such a bang up job, we all know they are not, in fact they will end up destroying themselves, but hey at least they dont hide behind the veil of supposed truth when they expose these things.
They at least admit to doing this, where as the US just cover it up, or refuse to allow the media to see the photos so that the world can see how wrong the US were in torturing their victims.... That is the difference. Does not make it right, but hey kudos for the Taliban for being forthright about it

And its not just about the drugs there is a lot more there for the US to pilfer, why stop now...

If there was nothing there for the US to have interest in they wouldn't be there.
We are sending our teenagers to fight a war that is useless. We are killing our own children, and justifying it because of the infidels!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

The US Military has NO REGARD for International law!!!!! They have more than proven this when they went against the UN!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yeah we can parade Guantanamo Bay detention camp inmates on CNN and Faux News, but they cannot. I smell a double standard.

How does that go: Do as I say, not as I do......

When will it end.......

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Found this on another thread.... mmmmm!

uruknet.com...

Think this says it all.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by The_Seeker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join