It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Condemns Video of Captured G.I.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

U.S. Condemns Video of Captured G.I.

www.nytimes.com

KABUL (Reuters) - The U.S. military denounced on Sunday the release of a video showing a soldier captured in Afghanistan, describing the images as Taliban propaganda that violated international law.

The video shows Private Bowe Bergdahl in traditional Afghan dress, being prompted in English by his captors to call for U.S. forces to be withdrawn from Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
While we sit in the comfort of our homes there are people who have put themselves in a predicament which has no certain outcome.

Its one thing to listen to the news reporter commenting and another to actually view it without all the music or the voice of the reporter you and everyone has been accustomed to.

All i can say is good luck hope he makes it home.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So sad. I cant watch this stuff, so depressing. Being a marine myself makes this harder to watch. I pray for him and that he can see his family again..

Btw there already is another thread about tthis somewhere here...

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh there is ?

I did search but came up with nothing.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hope they don't waterboard him, or hook electrodes up to his genitals, or make him stand in stress positions for 5 hours, or beat him, or accidentally kill him during "enhanced interrogation," or hold him indefinitely, etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I hope they don't waterboard him, or hook electrodes up to his genitals, or make him stand in stress positions for 5 hours, or beat him, or accidentally kill him during "enhanced interrogation," or hold him indefinitely, etc.

you make me sick. You people care about middle easterners more than your own.

I personally care about my own people more than ANY middle eastern person being tortured. I've been over there, these people hate us.

Show some respect, douchebag

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I know right Kaytagg! Lets hope they just stick to the normal executions and beheadings.

Jackass

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Regardless of ones position on the issues an incredibly senseless and tasteless remark.

On topic, I hope this issues finds a positive conclusion and soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

I personally care about my own people more than ANY middle eastern person being tortured. I've been over there, these people hate us.

You liberals who sit on your asses and complain make me PUKE. Worthless lazy scumbags you are...

These muslim extremeists have you liberals so brainwashed with their anti america/military propaganda. Disgusting.

I see it as a pot calling a kettle black really.
The US did certain things to Prisoners captured in the Middle east, but the minute it happens to them all hell breaks loose, and its against international law...yadda yadda.
Sorry but the US has NO RIGHT Complaining about this when they are just as bad as the people that are committing this act.
I feel sorry for the soldiers that are caught in the middle of this mess. But as I stated, the US did this to other countries soldiers, and didnt even blink an eye, and gave it another name (but we all knew it was torture), yet when it happens to their own, it an injustice and against international law... give me a break!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker

You liberals who sit on your asses and complain make me PUKE. Worthless lazy scumbags you are...

These muslim extremeists have you liberals so brainwashed with their anti america/military propaganda. Disgusting.

The US did certain things to Prisoners captured in the Middle east, but the minute it happens to them all hell breaks loose, and its against international law...yadda yadda.
Sorry but the US has NO RIGHT Complaining about this when they are just as bad as the people that are committing this act.
I feel sorry for the soldiers that are caught in the middle of this mess. But as I stated, the US did this to other countries soldiers, and didnt even blink an eye, and gave it another name (but we all knew it was torture), yet when it happens to their own, it an injustice and against international law... give me a break!!!!

I agree (pretty much). All I'm simply saying is I care for own more than them!

I've been over there and have seen the horrible things they do to us. Plus these people blew up my 19 year old sister, I have no sympathy for them.

Whenever something like this gets posted hardly anyone shows respect, they always bringup the stuff america has done.

They could atleast say some kind words for the marine...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I certainly agree with what your saying. But it gets a bit old when the US cry blue murder for troubles that they got themselves into.
As I stated, yes I feel for the soldiers, they are the ones caught in the middle, but you cant condemn someone for doing something that the US as a country has done as well. That is rather hypocritical!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

And I just have to point out, that like the US would, they are defending their own. They are fighting for the rights of their country. Westerners should not have interfered. If this situation was reversed, say it was the US under attack for whatever reason, would you not carry out the same as the Middle Easterners do!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I certainly agree with what your saying. But it gets a bit old when the US cry blue murder for troubles that they got themselves into.
As I stated, yes I feel for the soldiers, they are the ones caught in the middle, but you cant condemn someone for doing something that the US as a country has done as well. That is rather hypocritical!

I understand. Anyways I cant talk about this anymore, its to depressing and brings up sad memories..

BTW I'm completely anti war nowadays..

peace!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'd take any one of them over a blade being dragged repeatedly through my neck. The Gov. uses those methods to gain information, how else would they get a hard up guy begging for Matrydom to talk?? The bastards who have this poor kid are the ones who uses daggers and such.. not for information oh no... but to KILL. So you keep praying they don't do anything you said.. I'll pray they don't do what they usually do....
All my luck to that GI making it out alive.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Do you realize your viewpoint is the REASON they will behead this guy? WOW

If you could realize for ONE SECOND that we have no right to be in THEIR country blowing up THEIR HOUSES, maybe you wouldn't appear as a super hypocrite.

Oh so its ok to torture them, but when one of us gets tortured you're all against it.

That is the essence of hypocrisy, and I can tell from your speech that you hate Americans more than you hate your supposed enemy, the Taliban.

Look, everyone knows the Taliban are totalitarian thugs, but guess what? We know your viewpoint is that of totalitarianism as well.

You bring nothing but disgrace to the Armed Forces of this great nation with your Pro-totalitarian viewpoints. You just can not stand it when someone disagrees with you eh?

I think Muslim extremists are bad guys, but I also am aware that totalitarian thugs with views like your own, are also bad guys as well.

I am no liberal, I am a Constitutionalist.

And you my friend, are becoming the American Taliban.

I will resist totalitarian ways and protect the Constitution.

I bet you would love to shoot Americans who disagree with you wouldn't you?

BTW they hate you because you murder them. How the hell do you not understand that?

They should require an education before you join the armed forces, and this is a perfect example of why.

Its totally ridiculous, its like you expect to have a war where the enemy just bends over and takes it. That is so whack man, FACE THE FACTS, war is hell and if you go over there shooting the place up expect them to put bombs on the road and ambush you. EXPECT it! its WAR and they are not surrendering.

Either deal with it and get over it, or leave their country. Bottom Line.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just wanna say one more thing, some people seem to think the only reason they hate us is because we are in their countries, this is not true. They hate us because we arent islamic, they believe everyone who isnt islamic should die. Believe me I heard "death to America!" and "Death to christians" and stuff like that 1000s of times over there..

Peace.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Yeah cause the only reason they hate us is cause we are in their country. They hate us we arent islamic. Do you know how many times I heard "Death to infidels" and stuff like that before attacking us? millions of times.

These people MURDERED my sister, I have no sympathy for them.

Im done here, dont even respond.

I'm SICK of you people who have NO IDEA whats going on over there thinking all these people are innocent.

Bye

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Two wrongs never make a right and no thinking person could claim otherwise. I agree with that view.

However, the day the US publicly tortures (or threatens to torture) a member of the Taliban and distributes it on the internet is the day the US will have no right to condemn.

At any rate,the Marine will be released unharmed is my hope, then the moralist can argue till the cows come home.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I just wanna say one more thing, some people seem to think the only reason they hate us is because we are in their countries, this is not true. They hate us because we arent islamic, they believe everyone who isnt islamic should die. Believe me I heard "death to America!" and "Death to christians" and stuff like that 1000s of times over there..

Peace.

Right you heard that over there.
Because you were in their nation uninvited.

Maybe if they invited you into their home, things would be different. But you blew their home up and their kids got caught in the crossfire.

Look im totally sickened by Anti-Americanism as well, but your not exactly improving the situation. Your fueling the Anti-American fire and I want you to STOP pouring gas on the fire! Please!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Not that it makes it any more "right", but if you actually researched the history of the Iraq War, you're know that the first side to throw a stone in this glass house was Iraq, when they captured and executed US troops from the 507th. The dead US Troops were shown on Al Jazeera with bullet holes in their foreheads.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join