It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

income tax...or lack there of!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There are alot of self employed people who dont have their taxes deducted from their checks and cannot afford to even think about paying the man or even filing anymore.
Then you have the illegals and the unemployed.

My question is WTF is uncle sam gonna do about it.

obviously people who have their taxes deducted from their checks automagicaly have no choice...but what about those that dont and say to hell with you, i'll feed my family first thankyou!

what ya think?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So...

I figure the first thing one of the CIA moles on this site did was grab your IP address.

Then got the names of the people at the residence.

Checked to see if anyone was self employed.

And now they are sending the IRS.

Be careful what you say on the internet!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
well first, it was just a question and i dont even live in the US and i'm not self employed and I pay my taxes.

Just wondering whats next...go away with income tax and just have a 30% sales tax on everything you buy? then illegals would have to pay.

tax the hell outta the rich and make it so they cant even transfer funds out of the US...until they pay the 30% to the govt on the funds in which they choose to transfer.
meaning...you, nor your money can NOT leave the country UNTIL you pay to the govt. 30% of what your worth.

It wouldnt matter if you were a crack dealer or a movie producer...30 cents on that dollar you spend goes to the govt.

also how do these guys get away with paying illegals in cash, how do these companies account for the missing cash used to pay them?

[edit on 19-7-2009 by helltick]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by helltick
tax the hell outta the rich and make it so they cant even transfer funds out of the US...until they pay the 30% to the govt on the funds in which they choose to transfer.

Yeah they are pushing for a VAT tax here in the US on top of all the
other dozens of taxes.

A lot of liberals think you can tax your way out of a problem, but
the problem is ppl that are smart almost always find a loophole
or pay the corrupt politicians to create a loophole for their group.

The rich that are dumb hire ppl that are smart to find the loopholes
or make the loopholes for them.

They don't have to transfer funds out through conventional means.

They can go buy items as a cash transaction and not pay any tax
on that item, and then they can walk across the border at laredo
and sell it there and wire it out from mexico and a similar deal in canada.

Don't talk to me about border security when we got 30 million illegals
in the country.

Don't talk to me about financial security when the penny stock market
is not regulated by the SEC and they have piled up over $1,000 Trillion
in derivatives on there and it is a total sham job.

This game has been played for centuries and the golden rule is
the person with all the gold makes all the rules.

And so it goes...

The best you can do at this point is step out of the way of the bus.

And I am not rich and this is clear to me, and I know rich ppl and
I see how they operate.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In the US, the Internal Revenue Service has a little thing called a "Lifestyle Audit".

Based on your (reported) assets, your mortgage payments, the sales tax you and/or your busness pay, etc., the IRS will determine an aproximate income for you and then send an auditor to verify (or refute) their estimates.

And you had better have ALL the receipts to prove your claims/denials!

And of course, the IRS then reports its conclusions to the state revenue agencies as well.

And don't forget your neighbors, friends, co-workers, business partners, family, and especially, ex-spouses, who stand to recieve up to 10% of the taxes the IRS eventually wrings out of you when they rat you out to the IRS for under-payment and/or tax evasion!

If you intend to cheat the government, even if by omission, remember the old saying:

"Two can keep a secret, only if one of them is dead!"

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
so i guess if your looking for the 'american dream' these days you had better be an illegal worker or a crack dealer...
either way it has to be off the books.
nice

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I think you need to tone the paranoia down just a tad, and besides every one knows the domestic spying is done by DHS any way. And I would not be so scared by the IRS what can they do anyway besides confiscate your stuff and sale it on the cheap to satisfy your debt to the government.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

psssst....

(it was a joke)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I am sorry there sarcasm or joking does not translate well in to typed text. Unless you put one of there behind what you say
and so on.

I am sorry if I had upset you and I am sincere when I say that I meant no disrespect.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
And I would not be so scared by the IRS what can they do anyway besides confiscate your stuff and sale it on the cheap to satisfy your debt to the government.

Uhm... They can imprison you for income tax evasion. If you cop a plea, you generally "only" get a year or so, but if you decide to fight it they have a history of locking people up for a number of years.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Correct me if I am wrong. Isn't it policy with the IRS that the accused is guilty unless proven innocent, and the responsibility for proving innocence is on the accused?

That alone seems Un-American.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Everything about the Internal Revenue Service is unAmerican, my friend. This union of states was in no way, shape or form, founded on the idea that the product of a man's labor was somehow subject to be siezed by the government. In fact, the country was founded by individuals who stood in strong opposition to England's ever-growing taxation. Taxation without representation, exactly the same as we are seeing today, unfortunately without a huge, unclaimed chunk of land across an ocean waiting to be colonized by those of us who have had it with draconian laws and taxes on our blood, sweat, and tears.

Anyone who believes the IRS in any way aligns itself with what America truly means is sadly mistaken. I'd certainly shed no tears if I woke up tomorrow and read that the Fed, IRS, and about 95% of our government overlords had been forcibly ejected out of the country.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
In my opinion it makes no sense to imprison someone for evading taxes. When you don't pay it causes the government to loose revenue. If they put you in jail it just costs them more because jail isn't free. It then causes more revenue loss, which needs to be taken from taxpayers. I understand that it is a deterent to those that would otherwise not pay, but I can think of some better options. What about no fly list, no driver's license, cancel business license, unable to open a bank account, no passport, no phone, etc. Making other people pay for someone else's trying to get around the system is crazy.

At the same time, I do believe that many people will not be paying taxes next year. Self-employeed individuals especially, who may not have put aside enough money, and may not be able to find a way to make the money back by april. Also, in general tax collection will go down, as general earnings are decreasing.

As far as a VAT replacing income tax, I don't think so. That means everyone would be taxed equally, and Obama only wants to tax rich people.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

As far as a VAT replacing income tax, I don't think so. That means everyone would be taxed equally, and Obama only wants to tax rich people.

Obama only wants to directly tax "rich people." Many of his dumbest priority projects like Cap n' Trade (now with trade berries, you and the Cap n', make it happen) and his health care "overhaul" (as in "this horse is about dead because you over hauled her) will ultimately cost the middle class (what's left of us) and poorer people far more than it will cost the actual wealthy, at least as a percentage of income. Take that 6 or 7 grand extra a year that Cap n' Trade will cost the average household in higher prices at the register and you might as well call it what it really is, an across the board tax. Hell, most of these hidden costs are DNC luxury taxes, as in the DNC has the luxury of ramrodding these measures through thanks to their supermajority of power.

As for the imprisonment issue, our government imprisons people mostly as a way of eliciting control over the people. When we see repeated rapists, burglars, murderers, and pedophiles, REAL threats against public safety, walking free from prison following short stints in jail and then compare it with guys getting 20 years for possession of weed, a 120 year sentence for Bernie Madoff, 30-40 year sentences for punching a cop in the face, etc, then there's a clear indication that the government is mostly using the prison system to exert control rather than protect the people. Should people like Madoff be punished? ABSOLUTELY! However, he was no threat to society so why lock him up and toss the key? Same goes for the guy who's caught with a quarter ounce of pot on his way to a party, same goes for the dude that busts a cop's nose after the cop gets beligerant and starts throwing his weight around during a simple traffic stop, same goes for a guy who opts out of our unconstitutional tax system.

It's all upside down. The fellons who should never see the light of day (rapists, molesters, armed robbers, murderers) walk free after serving a paltry minimum sentence while the feds throw the absolute book at anyone who dares thumb their nose at the system. It's no longer about protecting society because they could give a flip about us, it's all about making sure that everyone knows there will be huge consequences should you dare reach out and give Superman's cape a tug (but feel free to rape Lois Lane because that'll just get you a couple months in county lockup assuming you say Yes boss, no boss, thank ya, boss" to any authority figures in the legal system during your stay.)

It is a FUBAR'd system, unquestionably broken and with no repairman in sight anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

When you sign your income tax return you do so, swearing under penalty of perjury, that ALL the information contained within the return is true, accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge (It's right there, just above where you're supposed to sign the return).

(It continues to amaze me how many people fail to review their returns for even simple mathematical accuracy. This is especially true of those who pay, sometimes hundreds of dollars, to have their returns prepared for them! I mean come on people, take a little personal responsibility why don't you?!)

So, if you have sworn under penalty of perjury that everything is true, accurate, and complete on your return, and the IRS then finds evidence that you appear to have lied...Yeah, you're going to be considered guilty of perjury.

Until, and unless, you do some pretty good 'splainin'.

An expectation of honesty and personal accountability...

Yes, I suppose that IS Un-American!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by helltick
also how do these guys get away with paying illegals in cash, how do these companies account for the missing cash used to pay them?

what the company I work at used to do was pay them a check in their name with no taxes of any sort taken out, just like paying a vendor, then send them a 10-99 contractor statement at the end of the year.

Take a guess as to if any of those taxes ever got paid.

eventually a "concerned employee" caught on to this and the state made a few calls.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Amen 06, minister the truthiness to the believers!

That's the best explanation i've seen for the gub'ment status quo in a long time.

power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Abolish income tax!

Straight national sales tax and import tax is the answer... no loopholes period, you buy you pay.

top topics

join