It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Video Mocking USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So I stumbled across this video, maybe some of you have seen it. It is not offense to the Americans here, although the mocking tone and arrogant words could very well inflame your patriotism gland causing a fit of blindness.

Video Here

But let's go beyond that. I find it terribly funny in a sad kind of way how blatantly obvious the truth of the matter is to many people around the world except for Americans themselves. How much has been stolen, the lack of any true progression in the country. In fact, if we look at the last 10 years, what significant thing has America built? There have been no Great Projects, no exciting new skyscrapers or feats of engineering. There have been no ground breaking scientific breakthroughs or anything whatsoever. In fact, if we take a look at East Asia and Europe you can see just how much more progressed they are in terms of achievements. Great projects being built in Dubai, magnificent skyscrapers going up daily in Asia. Medical and scientific advancements happen in Europe. Nothing is made in America anymore. Nothing is created.

The funniest part is when they talk about the War on Fear. The narrator is right, maybe America should bomb anxiety first! But I digress. Look at this perspective about your country and tell me, is anything they say untrue? It is amazing how much your leaders have sold off America. It is really starting to look like a wasteland.

Anyway, your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well lots of american shows take the piss out of other countries. soo

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I think I am emotionally scared after seeing that video..

While there might be some valid suggestions in it, whoever made it is an idiot...

Its like something you would make for a school project.

I wouldn't mind if there was actually some kind of intelligent humor because everyone likes seeing the good old USofA getting a mocking.. but there isn't... It was made by an idiot.

I like the backing track..

Still made by an idiot though..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What I found interesting was that the credits at the end contained no Chinese names. Hmmm... me thinks sumpin's up wit dat.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Broken Engrish translations, odd idioms, "tradional" chinese music, lack of rudamentary logic...Hmm, I smell the old reverse-troll at work.

Who's the greater troll: the troll, or the troll that follows him?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yea, and the "bad english" was a little too bad.. if you know what I mean.

I smell a rat.

Blame it on the Canadians!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm......maybe something wrong me. I laugh Ha Ha Ha at American self. Maybe I go smell monkey tail and get work at wendy Ha Ha Ha........

Actually I found it rather amusing.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
As Morrissey once sang "It's certainly laughable. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. HO HO HO."

Good fake.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think canada does it the best with south park

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm getting sick of this kind of stuff. America in the last couple of decades has been losing its place as the world's super power. I think we need to start thinking about our future, and stop playing bad cop for the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
USA 2008 GDP = 14,264,600 Trillion
China 2008 GDP = 4,401,614 Trillion

USA's GDP divided by 306,000,000 people.
China's GDP dived by 1,338,000,000 people

The US makes more than 3 times the amount of money that China does, and has to divide that money by less than 3 times the amount China does.

Which country has better military by far? US
Which country has better tech by far? US

Just because 5% of your pop has money and the rest are all working for $.10 an hour does not make you a super power.

Can China feed its own population? Probably not. The U.S can feed the world.

Take a guess which country has by far the most natural resources?

This china hype around the world is getting annoying. They have a LONG way to go.

USA = Win
This video = Fail

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video - but I got something popping up wanting to download - so it finally crashed for me.

It looks like it was made in Chinese then translated to English to me - by someone not very good at it

Still - pretty funny about the pulling pipe thing - China on average has more inches - heh don't think thats true, but funny anyways.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I am almost positive this is just a joke, sprinkled with some humorous truth.
I think if this was made by an authentic chinese person, it would be a little less stereotypical.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Broken Engrish translations, odd idioms, "tradional" chinese music, lack of rudamentary logic...Hmm, I smell the old reverse-troll at work.

Who's the greater troll: the troll, or the troll that follows him?

Yeah it might be that, but invariable even if it were from someone in China
the US crashing economically has already had a drastic effect on China.

With what is looming with the coming lengthy banking shutdown coming,
and likely 400+ banks failures, China will again feel that pain on the deal
to some degree.

I think when the US bond market crashes, and the bank shutdown hits,
and the dollar collapses all in short order, we will start buying a bit
less stuff from China.

The shockwave will send ripples around the world, like it did last october,
and they will be buying a bit less from China too.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

Whoever did the video used an accent the Chinese themselves would find insulting. Whoever did this hates both the Chinese and Americans equally. It was probably put out by someone who believes they would benefit from hostility between China and America.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Well in my line of business, I deal directly with many Chinese online and over the phone and while many of them do speak english, it is in fact the bare minimum. IE only enough to understand and do business. It was almost exact as this video here. This is why I found it to be entertaining as this is what it would look like if someone from China translated this video to English.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Some of the largest slums in the world maybe? I dunno.
I doubt China can handle their unemployed any better than we can. More people that will starve more likely. The pollution there is likely to be three times worse then our worst..if not more. I don't envy their people and the video doesn't bother me, except for it's way too long to bother watching.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PdT11
USA 2008 GDP = 14,264,600 Trillion
China 2008 GDP = 4,401,614 Trillion

USA's GDP divided by 306,000,000 people.
China's GDP dived by 1,338,000,000 people

The US makes more than 3 times the amount of money that China does, and has to divide that money by less than 3 times the amount China does.

Which country has better military by far? US
Which country has better tech by far? US

Just because 5% of your pop has money and the rest are all working for $.10 an hour does not make you a super power.

Can China feed its own population? Probably not. The U.S can feed the world.

Take a guess which country has by far the most natural resources?

This china hype around the world is getting annoying. They have a LONG way to go.

USA = Win
This video = Fail

The USA can feed it's own population? Since when? I've been through LA, Miami, NYC, etc...

If you were to take all the food that Americans consume as a whole and distributed it evenly to every living person in the world, they could probably end world hunger and be known as hero's throughout the world for generations... or.. you know.. most of them could be morbidly obese while other Americans starve and die in the streets.

America COULD do a lot of great things, so COULD China. Something about rocks and glass houses comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

I'm pretty sure that whoever created the Fallout series was a time traveler now.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PdT11

Noo the japs win at tech, they got walking gunned robots, you got big trucks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join