It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mer-Ka-Ba meditation from the Flower of Life workshop

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There are a series of lectures that have been published as "The Secret of the Flower of Life" by Drunvalo Melchizedek. I only have the 2nd volume of 2, so I missed the first one, but the actual meat of the lectures is the Mer-Ka-Ba meditation presented in volume 2.

I'm curious how many other people here have come across these books and practiced this particular meditation. And if so, what results have you experienced?

The meditation is geared around creating a living field of life energy around you out of love. There is more information online here: www.floweroflife.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The Metatron Cube and other Drunvalo Melkitsedek's spamy mix of qabbala and geometry, if founded in some truth, always tasted fishy under the words of such an unconvincing guy. And first of all, his very stage name clearly smells its quacky kitchen : I mean, guy, Melktistedek ! Not less that the uppest, most mysterious figure of the entire Torah, the highest Priest from whom Abraham gets his holy initiation, lost in the fog of myth or proto-history. No less.

I just see some DVD-Dude.

However platonics (if not pythagoric) polyhedrons nodoubtly are a deep, thick and highly wise matter, and to meditate their structure all in all can not do no good... To hear about some experience first hand here on should surely be great.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I've always found him convincing simply because he doesn't try to convince you of anything, even in his books. And what hooked me even more was that I already understood a few of the things he talked about in the book before I read it, and when he talked about those things he seemed to simplify them in a way that could be taken as inaccurate and yet the core ideas were all still maintained even in his simplicity such that I couldn't really attack his views. Which made me think, this guy really knows better than what he says most of the time, he just knows that there is too much information to convey all at once. All in all the vibes I get from him are very genuine, honest and very, very loving.

I'm in the stage where I am going to cut out and glue together a tetrahedron. Because he says that should be done first to familiarize oneself especially with the tetrahedron. I have skipped ahead only enough to be aware of what the meditation itself is about and its general operation, but it's something I take so seriously that I want to be appropriately prepared before initiating such a dramatic change in my life. But that change is exactly what I seek to find here.

You can probably find a lot/most/all of the information in his books online. His videos, too, because I am downloading one of them as I post this. I don't think the angels would mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I came across this last year but found it far too complicated. It involved 17 breaths but I had to print if off as it was so complicated. I found it hard to meditate and try reading a print out at the same time. Also it became slightly alarming to me when it said be very careful when you decide to take the final breath as often people dont come back! I only took it to breath 5 or 6 and just found it too complicated as it relied on visual thought too involving triangles and sitting within energy fields.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
hi there,

i stumbled across Drunvalo about 1yr ago and I must say I really enjoy his work.

He comes across as an honest, loving person who has a genuine belief with a very clever head to back it up.

Since I found him, I have read most of his books,

Flower of life volume 1, flower of life volume 2 and Serpent of light - beyond 2012.

and seen his latest 2012 DVD.

There are places in his books, where you think, NO way this can not be true, but there is a lot of stuff that makes great sense and i have to say it changed a lot about the way i think.

The merkaba meditation for me is just a little bit too much at the moment. I am a beginner with meditation and this meditation needs to be learned and done properly over many months, not just in a few sittings.

Its something i definatley want to try when i feel im ready though.

He has made some bold statements regarding raising consciousness before 2012/2013 so i guess by then we will know for certain if his predictions really will happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

G.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by grantbeed]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
The merkaba meditation for me is just a little bit too much at the moment. I am a beginner with meditation and this meditation needs to be learned and done properly over many months, not just in a few sittings.

Its something i definatley want to try when i feel im ready though.

Thats exactly what I thought that it was a little bit too much but I saw something in it and would try again when I was ready...a year later Ive never returned to it as I just remember how complicated it all seemed.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

yes, i did start trying it as i was excited while reading the book, but i got upto about breath 6 or 8 and realised it was a bit much.

its something i really want to go back to. even just typing this post wants me to try it again!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was actually thinking of memorizing the entire meditation before attempting it, that way I won't have to reference the book.

I just printed out a star tetrahedron cut-out and am putting it together...

The print-out of it is on page 49 of the following pdf, which is all about merkaba meditation: www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

With all due respect, you might just be experiencing the Golden Mean mysticae and other mysterium conjunctionis, if I permit, that occur around the various and beautiful relationships that differents measures appears to be revealing when dealing with the "perfect polyhedrons", the all thing being more of implying your very own brain as dealing with its basic principles and properties, - prinz & propz that are known as such from milleniums by certain people, gathered in groups or merely isolated, and then opened or not to spread it around as a living knowledge of their own time (see Pythagore, eg, who freely and happily spilled the egyptian, medean and other hebrew, if not persian and babylonian beans, revealing by so ancient, sacred knowledges in what he unshamely used to present as a sort of some school - that actually became the prototype of'em all).

I do not deny the length and width of the wisdom implied within polyhedrons or what D.M. likes to call the sacred geometry, still I'll diplomatically put forth the suggestion not to take D. M. as the guy so inspired he just pretends, or seems to be.

Why should he have to convince ? Well, to sell. Books. And DVDs. Oh wait he doesn't sound like a seller ?...

Still, Perfect Volumes are great. And meditation about it, too.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by 0123210]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I take it something about Drunvalo has rubbed you the wrong way, now I'm just trying to figure out whether it's really because he is selling books or if it's some other issue you take with him. Because someone has to do more than just sell books for me to automatically lose respect for them.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
at the end of the day the guy has to make a living. If i were a spiritual teacher then of course i would probably write a book/books to share my experience.

its a great means of getting your message out, across the world for people to know. DM says this in some of his footage.

The merkaba would be unheard of today if it was not for DM writing his books.

And, he has been a spiritual teacher for a very long time, so to only have 3 or 4 books in a long time does not sound like a con man to me.

He first learned the Merkaba himself in 1971(he states angels visited him and showed him how to do the merkaba then) and opened his first class in 1985 and his first book was written in 1990.

I think he is a very genuine person who is sharing his knowledge, nothing else.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I just cut out and put together the star tetrahedron from the pdf I just linked to. It came out looking a little lopsided. So I'll try some other templates and make some others. I want to get the form perfect, but even this lopsided one has me mesmerized. It's a beautiful form.

It's a 3D version of the Star of David:

And a basic form of the flower of life:

The thing about it, is that it's a form that is inherent to all of creation.

It's a 2D form, but you see it gives rise to 3D as you can see a cube in the form. According to D.M., everything that is experienced as 3D has to be experienced as 2D first. Like every "frame" you look at is 2D, until time passes, your position changes, for example, and you experience another 2D frame to which to compare the former, producing the appearance of 3D depth.

Here the cube is more explicit:

The 3D star tetrahedron itself:

The form is a fractal too:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

i did the same thing a couple of months back. the template from the Flower of life book did not seem to work for me, but i found one on the net that worked well.

its good practise to just visualise it when meditating.

There is lots of info in the books that is way above my head, but this post has made me dig out the Flower of Life books, so i will read them again!!!

cheers,

S&F!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Indeed, and I told you what in the very first place : the symbology of his public name.

By the way, I've been personnaly introduced to geometrical mysticism through many other authors that Mister Drrrrunvaloooo conveniently almost never evokes, and whose works are most of time far more spiritually and/or intellectually astonishing than DM's truly are.

I've spoken of Pythagoras and Plato, but could also be named : Euklides, Plotinus, Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, Proclus, Nicholas of Kues, Pico de la Mirandola, Johannes Kepler, Giordano Bruno and many others. I don't recall hearing about these ones in the mouth of the Dude King-Priest (Melki-Tsedek, or more litteraly King-Just).

I mean DM is free to tread upon dead tigers that could easily bite him, and rather lethally, if awaken through the sharp mind of any honest truth-seeker... However Mister DM prefers to ride on the stealth horse of unsourced/unchecked theories (that sometime certainly are interesting) rather than building a strong exposé up about what he might have discovered as the little extension of an already very investigated field, while still simple when understood from every works that in the past pretended to explore it.

Giordano Bruno simply died for having played, among other 'games', with geometry as a key to express the Infinite. Drunvalo, well, sells books... Eh eh...

To make it all clear, all spiritual, metaphysical, symbolical and theological european researches from the 5th to the 15th century, before the scientific paradigm became prevalent, and this from the neo-platonist tradition to the late christian kabbalah (Pico Della Mirandola & al) through the roman, catholic theological philosophical school mainly embodied by figures like Thomas of Aquino (not to mention the Jewish abbalah appeared with the Sefer Ha'Bahir in some very remote times, most probably around the 4th century ce) - this vast time of the human mind's development essentially used to deal with concept as Unity vs Plurality, Infinite vs Finite, Eternity vs Time and so on ; all 'entities' that appears central, if so said, within DM's axiology. Also, when keeping an eye on this wide and wilde litterature, which always enlightening is when well approached for what it is (precisely a sort of living and communicable dream made to enlighten whoever integrates it), then you realise cristal clear how much DM's stuff sounds... well... fluffy stuffy.

- Still, geometry is a great spiritual tool, and meditating about it a great way to use it is...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by 0123210]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0123210
Indeed, and I told you what in the very first place : the symbology of his public name.

So, you take offense that he has taken the same name as a priest in the OT?

By the way, I've been personnaly introduced to geometrical mysticism through many other authors that Mister Drrrrunvaloooo conveniently almost never evokes, and whose works are most of time far more spiritually and/or intellectually astonishing than DM's truly are.

I've read countless things that never appeared in his books, either, but here would be a good place to talk about some of them. I'm interested to know.

Say for the sake of argument that he doesn't have anything against the other forms of knowledge, he just doesn't have time / room to put them in his books and still present the message that he wishes to present, having published only a few books anyway. What would you say to that?

I've spoken of Pythagoras and Plato, but could also be named : Euklides, Plotinus, Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, Proclus, Nicholas of Kues, Pico de la Mirandola, Johannes Kepler, Giordano Bruno and many others.

To be fair DM's books aren't about pure geometry itself. I've read some Plato, Kepler, I even own Euclid's complete Elements (is that who you mean by "Euklides"? Not sure). I also know a bit of alchemy, Qabbalah and Jungian psychology (none of which DM wrote about). But I think it IS fair to say a lot of the things DM says in his books aren't present in any of theirs, at least if what he says about his own work is true. I also find modern physics, quantum mechanics, those sorts of things highly interesting, even though Drunvalo doesn't cover those things either.

However Mister DM prefers to ride on the stealth horse of unsourced/unchecked theories (that sometime certainly are interesting) rather than building a strong exposé up about what he might have discovered

I knew going into the work that it was not going to be presented as scientific literature. The point he always makes is that you verify what he says personally, no need for him to go out of his way to prove anything to you. Most of it is based on the chakra system that many/most of us already DO have experience with. It's simply not an explicitly technical, scientific audience that he is trying to appeal to. I already have a good understanding of a lot of the other parts of it as well, there's just always the difference between theory and practice.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is meditation meant to be this complicated though?

Isnt it meant to be simple?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

My source (who I trust, but I don't ask you too) says DM teaches a Reverse Merkabah spin. So which ever one is true, be aware that it is a possibility.

Not that it is intentional on the part of DM, I am sure he believes in what he is doing.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

At first, sure. To work on your breathing, posture, clearing your mind or focusing, simple things like that. I liken it to playing an instrument. All the most important things regarding the technique of playing any instrument are all the most very basic things, the most efficient ways to move one's fingers and etc. And all the greatest musicians are the ones that have most mastered these very basic things, that have allowed them to go on and do much more complicated things without having to exert nearly as much effort as beginners, because their foundation is already so much stronger. Just my take on it.

At any rate, peace and simplicity and love is all good for healing, but it takes hardship to give those things good meaning. Or else they are symbols of being stagnate and eventually death. I feel as though if I'm not pushing myself, constantly pushing my limits, I'm not really going anywhere. The only thing that has ever taken me anywhere is the desire for something better still.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thanks for the input. He says one rotational direction is "male" and another is "female" but I still haven't caught the significance of this, what determines this distinction, etc. Which is all knowledge I would like to acquire beforehand. I'll probably experiment with directions and then settle for whatever I feel like. I've thought of imagining rotation in the two directions simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

My info is top 33 1/3 % CW spin and lower 11 2/3 CCW spin.

Edited to add:
www.keylonticdictionary.org...

[edit on 20-7-2009 by cindymars]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join