It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Signs Alaska Sovereignty Resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I did a search for this thread with no luck, I also noticed the date that this article was posted and found it odd that nothing had been seen any where else so I apologies for the late posting. There was a thread and a few articles written about the state of Tenn having their rights revoked by this Admin. They passed their own 2nd Amendment Rights act/bill that was totally Constitutional but yet the Fed sent them a letter informing them that it would not hold water against the Fed. So my purpose in posting this Thread is to inform all ATS members of Alaska passing their own Sovereignty Resolution before Palin leaves office and lets all keep an eye out to see how long the Fed revokes their rights as a State as well... Totally Illegal!

On Friday, July 10th, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin signed House Joint Resolution 27 (HJR27), sponsored by State Rep. Mike Kelly. The resolution “claims sovereignty for the state under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.”

The House passed the resolution by a vote of 37-0 (3 not voting) and the Senate passed it by a vote of 40-0.

Six other states have had both houses of their legislature pass similar resolutions - Tennessee, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma and Louisiana - Alaska joins Tennessee as the second to have such a resolution signed by the Governor.

Source Link: www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is great! I'm not a big fan of Palin, although I like her more than most politicians because she's genuine. I really respect this, as the states need to assert themselves against an overbearing (and somewhat abusive) federal government.

I wonder how many states have drafted resolutions like this? It's gotta be somewhere near 25-30.

Great IMO, awesome post!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That's pretty sweet. Gonna write my senator and see if washington has anything planned like this. If state governments would step up against the federal government we wouldn't be so screwed.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Crazy, I have not heard one thing about this yet, I have sent this article to many friends to see if anyone has heard anything about this.

Very interesting, I am proud to be part of a state declaring its sovereignty.

top topics

join