It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order Barring Release Of His Birth Certificate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

First, we did a story about an Army Major who filed suit regarding his deployment to Afghanistan on the grounds that Obama was not America’s legitimate Commander-In Chief.

World Net Daily thought highly enough of this article to link to it on their front page.

Then we did an article pointing out the differences between a Birth Cerificate and a Certification Of Live Birth.

Source Link: freedomedium.com...

Speaking solely for myself, this article makes this topic clear that "It's Case Closed!" so my final thoughts on this matter is simply the same as the auther of this peice, which say's

Now for all of you who commented on our previous articles that we were no more that right-wing nut jobs, that this thing about Obama’s birth certificate was a non-issue, and those of you who tried to shift the focus of the stories, doesn’t this strike you as just a little odd?
That the first order of business Obama took care of on day one of his Presidency was to sign off on an Executive Order that states that only the records he chooses to be made public will be released?
This is the subject that was at the absolute top of his agenda?
If this isn’t proof that Obama is hiding something, I don’t know what is.

Only more and more suits filed will bring more attention to light on this subject hopefully and solely that the truth will come out!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They have every right to know everything about US!? (legally and illegally)?!

Everything is upside down.

It just never ends?!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

They don't have every right to do so under the law but as we have all learned or started to simply except resently that they do it anyways! It's sad but true that we have all been told a different set of rules are to be followed but they have changed the rules without notifying us which gets us in trouble when we react. My major complaint is and has always been tell us the truth "period". As if we can stop them any ways, but all of these lies are what creates such conspiritorial theories and civil unrest through out our society. My spelling sucks lol...

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would really like to see the long-form certificate. I mean, what's the harm if there's nothing to hide?

If he could produce the long-form certificate it would go away, but the fact that he's ignoring it and pushing it away is somewhat strange to me, like he actually might be trying to hide something.

It would also certainly be good to get some answers about it, but at this point I'm not sure if we ever will. I'd like to add that I'm NOT a McCain supporter (or a republican) so that I don't get flamed by people saying that I'm "bitter."

To me, it's an issue of fact. Does he have the documentation? That's all I want to know.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Great post and perfectly said. I think that is honestly all we really want to know. Using the race card, calling posters "Haters" and so on is simply by passing the issue and asking for fairness is all. If we have to submit to every rule of law then so should those making the laws is all. But I know, I know, I'm simply a racist hater....

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
But I know, I know, I'm simply a racist hater....

Exactly. How dare you wonder about a form that everyone is required to show before they are employed, get a drivers license, or get married. Only racist haters wonder why he's so determined to keep his long form under lock and key if it says the same thing as the short form he claims is his and claims hasn't been altered.

Now that we're all fully ashamed of ourselves, as we should be since we're just racist haters, the way it's worded leaves it open for people to still be able to get it released as long as there is a court order for it.

Executive Order PDF

Sec 4
(b) In making the determination referred to in subsection (a) of this section,
the Archivist shall abide by any instructions given him by the incumbent
President or his designee unless otherwise directed by a final court order.

And I agree, it's highly suspicious that he would sign an executive order knowing that there were court cases seeking to get his long form released. Why go to that extreme if there's nothing on it to hide?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror any more for even wondering if the truth is more important then the lies. I admit I'm a hater, but of myself for pondering the question and for even posting this thread that shows by his own actions that "We are all making a big deal out of nothing" I appreciate your post and pointing out facts about my thread, hoefully that alone will make me see the light of day on this topic and reduce my hatred towards a more loving side of thought!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

According to Obama's Kenyan (paternal) grandmother, as well as his half-brother and half-sister, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Kenya, not in Hawaii as the Democratic candidate for president claims. His grandmother bragged that her grandson is about to be President of the United States and is so proud because she was present DURING HIS BIRTH IN KENYA, in the delivery room. -This, according to several news sites and Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg who is, surprisingly, a life long democrat himself. Berg is the former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania, and he has an impressive background in his activities as a democrat, but his support for the party seemingly stops when it comes to his trust in Barack Hussein Obama.
Many U.S. voters are suspicious of the Democratic candidate's past, and Berg filed a lawsuit to force Barack Hussein Obama to produce a certified copy of his original birth certificate to prove that he can run for the office of President of the United States. However, he is being fought. The DNC On Sept. 24 filed a motion to dismiss the Berg action. Why? What is there to hide? Why not produce the original birth certificate and be done with all the suspicions against Barack Hussein Obama?

So what is the truth Obama? Were you born in Kenya? Were you born in America? I have no doubt that there is a small possibility that you have posted forged documents. Why? Because your grandmother has no reason to lie. Neither does your brother.

"Obama's family did not take to Stanley Ann Dunham Obama very well, because she was white, according to Sarah Obama. Shortly after she arrived in Kenya Stanley Ann decided to return to Hawaii because she later said, she did not like how Muslim men treated their wives in Kenya. However, because she was near term the airline would not let her fly until after the birth of her baby. Obama's grandmother said the baby—Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.—was born in Kenya and that shortly after he was born, Stanley Ann returned to Hawaii."

So many questions and absolutely no answers. Add this to the stack of stuff against Obama. He is one shady character. It goes further than this. They can't even figure out which hospital he was born in. How about some hospital documents? The hospital should have records if he was actually born in America.

There is also a discrepancy in what hospital Barack Hussein Obama was born in, even if he was born in Hawaii. Reports by his own sister in two separate interviews state that he was born at two different hospitals-- Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu.

The Times Herald even reports: "the senator's grandmother, brother and sister, who live in Kenya, believe they were present during Obama's birth in the African country." Here, the Times Herald uses the word that his family 'believe' he was born in Kenya (perhaps to avoid possible law suits by Obama's Truth Squad?).

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

[edit on 19-7-2009 by GAOTU789]

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I guess I'm not a fanatic because I'm not seeing what the linked article's author is claiming or what others are claiming this Executive Order means.

In 1974 Congress passed the Presidential Recordings and Materials Preservation Act of 1974 placing the presidential records of Richard Nixon in federal custody to prevent their destruction. The legislative action was intended to reduce secrecy, while allowing historians to perform their responsibilities.

The Presidential Records Act of 1978 expanded such protection of historical records, by mandating that the records of former presidents would automatically become the property of the federal government upon his leaving the Oval Office, and then transferred to the Archivist of the United States, thereafter to be made available to the public after no more than 12 years.

President Ronald Reagan issued Executive Order 12667 on 18 January, 1989 to establish policies and procedures governing the assertion of Executive privilege by incumbent and former Presidents in connection with the release of Presidential records by the National Archives and Records Administration pursuant to the Presidential Records Act of 1978.

President George W. Bush revoked this Executive Order by issuing Executive Order 13233 on 1 November 2001.

President Barack Obama restored Reagan's Executive Order 12667 with Executive Order 13489 on 21 January 2009. The wording is verbatim with the original Order.

This has nothing to do with a Birth Certificate. This has to do with a President issuing an Order to comply with the will of the Senate, the next President nullifying that Order to claim that doing so would be a threat to National Security, and the then next President after that saying that it is not a matter of National Security and that the Office of the President will comply with the Presidential Records Act of 1978, as former President Reagan had done.

I've read the Executive Order. It has nothing about Birth Certificates or Records of Live Birth. It has nothing to do with such a subject, but is purely a reinstatement of a former Executive Order by a former President to undo a wrong that the former President in between had made in claiming Executive Privilege and the Office of the President need not comply with the Presidential Records Act of 1978.

Methinks that some people are so genuinely obsessed with smearing a person and spreading hysteria that they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If you have issue with a genuine Policy then have at it. Heaven knows there are plenty of other genuine qualms a person could legitimately make against Obama Policy. However, fabricating lies, stating falsehoods, and spreading disinformation is not only pathetically immoral, but it is against the T.O.S. of ATS.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

[edit on 19-7-2009 by GAOTU789]

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
An executive order to keep the people from knowing the truth.
Does this mean his gramma from Africa is telling the truth when she says she was there for his birth in Kenya?
Someone is lying, either it's him or his gramma, and judging by the promises he's failed to keep while campaigning, and now with this EO getting filed, one can only come to the conclusion that Obama should have never been trusted.

This thing is getting uglier by the day and he is losing all credibility fast.

Wake up America!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Me either. I had to take my mirrors down from the shame.
And I do hope you noted the sarcasm in that first part of my last post. I wasn't being serious, it was more aimed at those who think we should be ashamed of ourselves for daring to question why Obama has fought so much and so hard to keep anyone from getting the long form.

I've done a bit of digging and Obama's order rescinded Bush's version.

Bush's version had limitations on releasing information for no more than 12 years. Obama's version removed that limitation.

Bush's version required the incumbent president to concur with the former president who's records were being requested absent compelling circumstances. Obama's version removes that, but basically says the Archivist shouldn't let the incumbent president's opinion on releasing them or not shouldn't prejudice the Archivist either way.

Bush's version stated that the order didn't change any former president's right to deny access to their records based on any grounds from the Constitution, statutes, or regulations. Obama's version removes that.

Bush's version allowed a former president to request their records be withheld for up to 12 years after their term. Obama's version removes that.

Bush's version included vice presidential records. Obama's version removes that.

I'm sure there are more differences that can be found, but those are a few that I noticed during a quick read through on both. Bush's version can be found here, and Obama's can be found here.

Edit: Fixed url's

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
I've read the Executive Order. It has nothing about Birth Certificates or Records of Live Birth. It has nothing to do with such a subject, but is purely a reinstatement of a former Executive Order by a former President to undo a wrong that the former President in between had made in claiming Executive Privilege and the Office of the President need not comply with the Presidential Records Act of 1978.

I agree. And that agreement is coming from someone who would LOVE for Obama to show his birth certificate. He owes it to us and I think it's very suspicious that he won't. BUT this executive order has nothing to do with it - at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
If you have issue with a genuine Policy then have at it. Heaven knows there are plenty of other genuine qualms a person could legitimately make against Obama Policy. However, fabricating lies, stating falsehoods, and spreading disinformation is not only pathetically immoral, but it is against the T.O.S. of ATS.

I truly feel that I should be reported to any and all T.O.S. and ATS authorities as soon as possible then. Hmm, wait. I remember now something about the 1st Amendment that allows the author of this article to not only express his opinion for the site he reports for but I think it also allows him/her the right to post it as factual as his employer sees fit. Nonetheless, I completely apologies if the point of the article missed it's mark as we all over this admin as much as the last one and will follow his lead in very way possible.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

"Jenna" you are simply AWESOME! your post is factually currect and of course I knew you weren't serious about your first comments but as you can see by some of the other posters that I have so much to be ashamed of and I feel the need to come clean about my being such a "Hater"
I am heading out at this very moment to the Thread Posting Authorties to turn myself in and except any and all punishments coming my way. Damn! I am so ashamed! Excuse as I replay the Drinking the Koolaid song again to get my mind straight.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Cool that somehow the secret birther conspiracy folks managed to go back in time to create an article in the Hawaii newspaper, that talks about Obama being born. It must have involved sekret time travel experiments, or how else could they have created a public news item talking about Obamas birth, if it really happened in Kenya? Yes folks not only was Obama born in Kenya, but in order to cover up the secret he had the folks at Area 51 travel back in time to make sure the notice of his birth in Hawaii was published in the local paper for the world to see.

How else do you explain the news item reporting his birth in Hawaii, with the correct date of not only his birth but the date of the newspaper, unless you invoke time travel.

Oh crap, now that I have let the cat out of the bag, they will travel back in time and eliminate me before I have the chance to make this post, So I guess you will never read it. Oh woe is me... hmm unless I can do that trick with the tin foil hat just right... here goes nuttin..............

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Yeap, that clears it all up for me. I'm convinced now that it is all a shame and especially after playing "Drinking the Koolaid" song over and over that our concerns are simply bogus and that we should never question those of authority ever again. Sorry folks, gotta run, I'm now off to my "United We Serve" meeting so I can learn more about how to recruite more people and to better spy on my neighbors. See Ya!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Where's the executive order?

I just looked up the White House website where they are all listed and I don't see that one, or any of them that includes such a clause.

???

You're title is a little misleading.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I know nothing of this Hawaii Newspaper article You write of.Where can I find this?.Where Did you find this?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I've linked to it twice and the article from the OP contains a link to the executive order.

Just making sure. Sometimes my sarcasm and humor get lost in the posting. And thank you. Awesome is a word I like to have directed towards me.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Jenna]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join