It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News - Debunks the Most Popular Apollo Moon Landing Hoax Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Refuting the Most Popular Apollo Moon Landing Hoax Theories

It is perhaps the most iconic image of the 20th century: man landing on the moon, planting an American flag and saying those famous words: "…one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind."

It was an incredible feat. So incredible that many found it hard to believe at the time.

I think that's the crux of the problem. It just seems so unlikely that they could pull it off in the 1960's.

How Many Truly Believe the Moon Landing Was a Hoax?

For the majority of people in the U.S., there's no doubt that the moon landing happened. Just six percent of Americans think the government staged the Apollo moon landings according to a 1999 Gallup poll, the most recent data available. A similar poll by Time/CNN, conducted in 1995, also revealed that six percent believe the moon landings were faked.

As mentioned in the article, NASA admitting that they accidently erased the Moon Landing Tapes hasn't done much to convince the conspiracy theorists.

I don't want to quote the entire article, but here are the isssues that they raise:

-The Claim: If We Had Really Visited the Moon, We Would Be Able to Return. Why Haven't We Gone Back?

-The Claim: On the Tape, the Shadows Look Translucent -- That Wouldn't Happen on the Moon. Was This Taped in a Studio with a Floodlight?

-The Claim: There Aren't Any Stars in the Pictures: How Can They Be in Space?

-The Claim: There Isn't Any Wind on the Moon. The Flag Shouldn't be Rippling

-The Claim: If the Apollo Landed on the Moon, Why Wasn't There a Giant Blast Crater?

-The Claim: If the Hubble Telescope Is Up There, Why Doesn't It Take a Picture?

For their explanations check out the full article.

abcnews.go.com...

For me, I don't know, I would love it if we did, just something niggles me inside, I just find it hard to believe that we could do it in 1969, with the technology available!

But that's just me.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
*puts my hands over my ears*

LA LA LA LA LA!
I cant hear you icant hear you i cant hear you!!!

this type of thing has been out for a while, but its good to see its getting more exposure.
im all for debunking bad theories.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

This is one of the classic conspiracy theories isn't it?

It would be a shame if it were debunked once and for all.

I'm a bit undecided, not because of the evidence, just becuase of the nostalga, you know, my first conspiracy theory and all!

join