It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25% believe moon landings were hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

I'm not sure you can call this a Legitimate Survey when
11 of the 1009 people surveyed thought Buzz Lightyear was the first person on the Moon.
What a bunch of Maroons, everybody knows it was Flash Gordon.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I guess that with the release of the photos of the landing sites and the upcoming even better resolution shots of the landing sites will change that stat to:

25% of Britons still stubborn and willfully ignorant of the facts based on their own paranoia and groundless fears. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976

25% believe moon landings were hoax

news.aol.co.uk

A quarter of Britons believe the Apollo moon landings were a hoax, according to a poll conducted this month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not sure if ALL TV feeds from the moon back then were actually from the moon. But I'm pretty sure we DID go there. The really BIG question is why did we stop going for 35+ years and limit ourselves to low Earth orbit missions? Warned off?

As a side observation, a quarter of my household believe that Briton's existance is a hoax. Guess the bottom line is 25% of any group are not sure about much of anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
you may be interested to know that 50% of americans are not aware that the earth takes exactly 1 year to rotate around the sun.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
we didn't keep going because we couldn't justify the cost. Not to mention, the americans had a full fledged war to fund which is more profitable for them than throwing dollars at a ball of dust that effects our tides.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by yellowcard
If we didn't go to the moon the Russians would have called us out on it,

Originally posted by RRconservative
You beat me to it. The Russians are the reason we put a man on the moon..

You guys have no idea about the Russians... You bought into the whole Cold War scam hook line and sinker...

If they won't take the USA's word for it, surely you can believe the Soviets/Russians.

Russia and America are PARTNERS in the space program... always have been, but with a 'friendly rivalry' Kennedy died because his Apollo program caused 'problems'

Look up the secret space program NOVA "Astrospies"

Look up Sea Launch a joint Boeing/Energia floating launch platform where countdowns are both Russian and English

Look up Two Sides of the Moon: Our Story of the Cold War Space Race: David Scott,(astronaut) Alexei Leonov: (cosmonaut)

Ever see a picture of the joint Russia/American space station ISS? Every time we send a shuttle there are at least 3 Russian vessels already docked

Here is a picture taken from the Shuttle on approach. In it you see a Soyuez TMA docked on the end, a Progress robotic corgo vessel underneath and just coming in to dock is the ESA Expedition 9 team also in a Soyuez

Even von Braun said Russia has always been our friend... and Jim Oberg testified in congress on Russian/American 'duality'

Time to wake up and smell the coffee

are you intentionally misleading, never lived through the cold war / in russia, or just stupid?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lookma,nohands
I bet if England went to the moon 25% of Americans wouldn't believe it. A total different perspective

If England had gone to the moon first we wouldn't of erected a flag, just a health and safety notice about uneven surfaces

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is certainly an interesting topic. Personally, given the fragile political era of the alleged first landing, the time line and the technology of the 60's, I think that the first landing was most likely staged to give us a leg up on the Soviets.

In the years of testing prior to the launch, we couldn't even get a rocket off of the launch pad. Amazingly we perfected a rocket launch, a lunar orbiter launch, a moon landing, experiments and a successful return to earth in such a short period of time.

One theory suggests that the astronauts were in Earth orbit for the eight days of the lunar mission and that the images were staged within area 51 and broadcast to the world.

Subsequent missions to the moon are certainly plausible though.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I'd be inclined to take this poll more seriously if I hadn't read:

Eleven of the 1009 people surveyed thought Buzz Lightyear was the first person on the Moon.

Still.... 25% is a big number.

Ok this is funny!!!

first words when exiting the Lunar module "To infinity and beyond!"

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If the yanks realy went to the moon 40 years ago,by now there would bases there.Moon bases would be a big advantage to any future space missions,but after 3 years going there they gave up never to return

Unless they have bases on the moon,and the apollo missions were illusions while the anti grav craft ferry people to and from this planet with imunity to the high radiation levels

Stuck on the fence with this realy to be honest.I dont think they went there with old 2nd world war german rocket designs.I also cant see the USAF or Navy letting NASA do all the exploring alone

Apollo had a twin sister,and I expect there is an exotic craft out there with Diana written on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by yellowcard
If we didn't go to the moon the Russians would have called us out on it,

Originally posted by RRconservative
You beat me to it. The Russians are the reason we put a man on the moon..

You guys have no idea about the Russians... You bought into the whole Cold War scam hook line and sinker...

are you intentionally misleading, never lived through the cold war / in russia, or just stupid?

From what I recall, the astronauts and cosmonauts may have viewed it as a friendly rivalry IMO, so there may be a sliver of truth in Zorgon's train of thought. However, I don't believe the governments viewed it as a friendly rivalry like the astronauts did. In other words, the governments were at war, not the astronauts and cosmonauts, though I'm not sure Zorgon even agrees with that.

I'm still convinced the Russians would have called us on it had we faked it, in spite of whether the Cosmonauts felt a "friendly rivalry" or not, because the rivalry with the Soviet government was NOT friendly, and the government was calling the shots.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was just reading about facts on my opening screen right now about Apollo 11.

It was saying Buzz Lobbied to be the first man to step on the Moon but Neil Armstrong won out because he was Mission Commander... also because of where he stood in the Lunar Module and the way the hatch opened.... it was easier for him to go first.

I learned/read that Buzz was given a kit by the Pastor of Webster Presbyterian Church near Houston which had a Communion Wafer, a vial of wine and a Chalice and he administered Communion to himself.

I thought this interesting because I thought they wouldn't be able to smell in there Astronauts suits but it said Neil Armstrong said the Moon smelled like wet ashes in a fireplace and Buzz said it smelt Metallic to him.

What has disturbed me the most is Neil Armstrong was the First Man on the Moon and he should have been out in the public the last 40 years reaping the benefits for this feat but we only see Buzz.

Why hasn't Neil been in the forfront I don't go with he is a private man and so on.... he should have been made to be obligated to make appearences.

Armstrong is what 78/79 something like that now and nothing.........makes no sense.

Edit to add: Tonight at 9 est Moonshot the commercial said for this show, We have unidentified flying object or something to that effect.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting survey. I'm not sure how many people share my point of view, but I personally believe the landing was real but fake footage was made just in case the launch failed. The whole world was watching, it would have been very embarrassing for the USA's reputation if it did not all go successfully.

I saw a documentary that suggested NASA/USA Government created "fake" footage of the event in case it turned into a disaster. That way, even if the shuttle dispersed into nothingness and the flag got blown to smithereens, there would still be "proof" that they did in fact reach the moon and would have achieved their goal of stepping first on the moon before the USSR.

Of course this opens up the possibility that the whole thing was faked and is in fact a complete hoax, but I will stick with my position as stated.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ask the same people who believe this crap, how many times we have been to the moon. they wont know.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Stuck on the fence with this realy to be honest.I dont think they went there with old 2nd world war german rocket designs.I also cant see the USAF or Navy letting NASA do all the exploring alone

I don't understand your concern about the rocket? Even the moon landing hoax proponents seem to think the spacecraft did orbit the earth, and most of the rocket design is to get it into orbit. Are you proposing a new hoax that it never made it into orbit?

Once in orbit, it doesn't take a very powerful rocket to kick it out of orbit toward the moon.

I would encourage you to look at a Saturn V rocket technology in person if you ever get the chance, it's on display to the public at places like these:

www277.pair.com...
www.kennedyspacecenter.com...
www.ssc.nasa.gov...

If you are an engineer, you'll be impressed, and you may even be impressed if you're not an engineer.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Two things:

Satisticly, all satistics are wrong and ... Van Allen radiation belt.

They never went to the moon, get over it

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well if we didn't believe it then, how can we believe it now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

you know that astronaughts suffered bright flashes in their eyes? many of them reported this. it was eventually worked out it was radiation passing through their brains and eyes.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And passing through that radiation didnt kill them? Amazing

Should there ever be a nuclear war i'll be sure to stock up on some kitchen foil XD

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

we are always being submitted to radiation. there is radiation coming from your tv. your microwave. plus space. mobile phones.we are submersed in radiation.

its just how much, and how long your are subjected to it that is important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join