It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25% believe moon landings were hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

25% believe moon landings were hoax

news.aol.co.uk

A quarter of Britons believe the Apollo moon landings were a hoax, according to a poll conducted this month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
With all the (evidence) there is supporting the moon landing as a hoax, im not too sure what to believe myself.Maybe they did land and do their job.
maybe they did land, see Aliens and scarper.
or maybe it was a big space race power struggle and the only way to win was to fake it in some desert.
Will we ever truely know, "i doubt it"
it just seems strange how they never went back.

news.aol.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I actually watched a show on TV this afternoon about this. It was really good. I have come to the conclusion that we did indeed go to the moon, however NASA has doctored the photos to hide things in them that they don't want us to see.

IMHO

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
get over it. we were on the moon

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If we didn't go to the moon the Russians would have called us out on it, they received the transmissions from the moon coming from Apollo 11. We landed on the moon, all the "evidence" I've seen against the landing has been disproved or was just plain hogwash.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I bet if England went to the moon 25% of Americans wouldn't believe it. A total different perspective

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The article does say 25% of Brits, but what would the percentage be on a global scale??

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i believe 99.9% that the moon landing was faked as it was a race for the title that would go into the history books. Also it would have been so easy to fake it back then.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
If we didn't go to the moon the Russians would have called us out on it, they received the transmissions from the moon coming from Apollo 11. We landed on the moon, all the "evidence" I've seen against the landing has been disproved or was just plain hogwash.

You beat me to it. The Russians are the reason we put a man on the moon...there is no such thing as a one-man race ie. Space Race.

If they won't take the USA's word for it, surely you can believe the Soviets/Russians.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by soulmoon

You "believe" based on what, exactly?

Because the overwhelming majority of evidence says otherwise.

I hate to say it, about the British...but I'd suggest this 'poll' is flawed, or else didn't tke a good representative sample.

AND, there has been a load of crackpot junk 'science' being spouted from various British sources, in the last few decades. (David Percy comes to mind...) It's as if the British school systems aren't living up to their former reputation of excellence.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For some reason I expected the number to be higher. :O

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
If we didn't go to the moon the Russians would have called us out on it,

Originally posted by RRconservative
You beat me to it. The Russians are the reason we put a man on the moon..

You guys have no idea about the Russians... You bought into the whole Cold War scam hook line and sinker...

If they won't take the USA's word for it, surely you can believe the Soviets/Russians.

Russia and America are PARTNERS in the space program... always have been, but with a 'friendly rivalry' Kennedy died because his Apollo program caused 'problems'

Look up the secret space program NOVA "Astrospies"

Look up Sea Launch a joint Boeing/Energia floating launch platform where countdowns are both Russian and English

Look up Two Sides of the Moon: Our Story of the Cold War Space Race: David Scott,(astronaut) Alexei Leonov: (cosmonaut)

Ever see a picture of the joint Russia/American space station ISS? Every time we send a shuttle there are at least 3 Russian vessels already docked

Here is a picture taken from the Shuttle on approach. In it you see a Soyuez TMA docked on the end, a Progress robotic corgo vessel underneath and just coming in to dock is the ESA Expedition 9 team also in a Soyuez

Even von Braun said Russia has always been our friend... and Jim Oberg testified in congress on Russian/American 'duality'

Time to wake up and smell the coffee

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Actually, 25% is a rather high number, especially when you consider the majority of skeptics are probably under the age of 50. This percentage is sure to rise as the believers (older generation) die off. Now you know why NASA is scrambling 24-7 to cover its arse. Kudos to Neil Armstrong for deciding to no longer be a part of their pathetic dog and pony show.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Because the overwhelming majority of evidence says otherwise.

Only to Apollo Huggers, like yourself

You guys make the facts fit your program, like the latest rocks with shadow NASA is selling as Apollo hardware

[edit on 19-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I believe they did land. But thats all they are telling the truth about, imo. I believe they lied about what they found and lied about whats really going on up there..

Peace!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I believe based on having my own mind. There are lots of lies and deciet in the world we live in and the only way to find the truth is to go against what we have been told as the truth always shows itself in time.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulmoonThere are lots of lies and deciet in the world we live in and the only way to find the truth is to go against what we have been told as the truth always shows itself in time.

Well would yu believe what the 6th man to walk on the moon says?

Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell has said to Robert O. Dean,

"it's not whether or not we went to the moon,
it's what we found on the moon that is the cover-up."

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'd be inclined to take this poll more seriously if I hadn't read:

Eleven of the 1009 people surveyed thought Buzz Lightyear was the first person on the Moon.

Still.... 25% is a big number.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I stay on the fence concerning this issue

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join