It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California closes state offices to save cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

California closes state offices to save cash

www.breitbart.com

California's fiscal crisis has left the US state without courts and some administration offices were ordered to close on Friday.

The DMV is one of many state offices to close on Friday...On Wednesday, authorities shut down most of the operations of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, the largest court system in the country with approximately 100,000 people passing through its 600 courtrooms every day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The title of this article is very coy..."state offices" Ho-hum. Just a few "offices." You know, stuff like THE LARGEST COURT SYSTEM IN THE NATION. Closed. No more LA Superior Court.

When they start CLOSING COURTS that is a serious issue because it impacts the functioning of the judicial branch of the US...suddenly you have a major power shift away from the judcial to the central/executive. Courts? Judge Dredd doan need no stinkin' courts.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thats because Judge Dredd IS THE LAW BIOTCH!

I hope everyone is ready for anarchy. Perhaps THIS is why so many guns and so much ammo has been purchased this past year?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Quote from source.

Schwarzenegger on July 1 declared a "fiscal emergency" for the state, beset by a budget deficit of 2.8 billion dollars at the time, a figure that could jump to 6.5 billion in September.

California, which is home to 37 million inhabitants, would be the world's seventh-largest economy if compared to other countries.

If California is going to be in 6.5 billion dollars in debt soon, there is one easy solution.

Just make every person in the state pay $175.67 !

6.5 Billion / 3.7 Million =175.67

That is not too much of a debt if you look at it per person.

So why doesn't the government just tax every person for a one time fee to save the state?

And if you have kids, you pay their share as well.

The only bad part about this idea is it would only fix the economy for one day.

The day after I'm sure it would get screwed up again.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
While it's still bad, I don't believe they shut it down for good. I'm pretty sure they just closed it for one day to save money. Like the DMV, I think they are closed like 3 fridays out of the month now.

So yes that fact that they have to close it at all is horrible, but you are kinda making it seem as if it is closed for good.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hmmm... "veeeeeelly intewesting" as Artie Johnson used to say.

We have the court system in Ca closed. We still have criminals in CA. Of course, some of these will no doubt be in for a free-for-all, but that would include the minor violators... burglars, petty thieves, simple assault, etc. Of course, criminals who owe the state money, such as traffic violations and building code violators and the like, those must be forced to pay somehow. And we do have a few hardened criminals who must be removed from society to keep the sheeple from turning into goats and rebelling.

Not to fear! We also have... drum roll please... FEMA internment camps!

Isn't it amazing how everything fits together in a nice sensible plan of action when you watch and observe? Now we know what those camps are there for.

For those of you who are getting jealous now and wondering why CA gets all those nice FEMA camps full of everyday people, don't fret. PA is now having budget trouble, and other states are sure to follow.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Even a single closed day a week wont fix this I suspect. Add one closed day to the week and you have all the other days attempting to squeeze in even more cases on the dockets. Even if they shipped cases elsewhere it would just burden already stressed courts. Just more of the state government dodging the real issue, which is cutting junk programs completely to free up finances for elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Quote from source.

Schwarzenegger on July 1 declared a "fiscal emergency" for the state, beset by a budget deficit of 2.8 billion dollars at the time, a figure that could jump to 6.5 billion in September.

California, which is home to 37 million inhabitants, would be the world's seventh-largest economy if compared to other countries.

If California is going to be in 6.5 billion dollars in debt soon, there is one easy solution.

Just make every person in the state pay $175.67 !

6.5 Billion / 3.7 Million =175.67

That is not too much of a debt if you look at it per person.

So why doesn't the government just tax every person for a one time fee to save the state?

And if you have kids, you pay their share as well.

The only bad part about this idea is it would only fix the economy for one day.

The day after I'm sure it would get screwed up again.

Well half of those are children......they can't afford.....families with multiple will be paying 500 or more....thats why

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Thats because Judge Dredd IS THE LAW BIOTCH!

I hope everyone is ready for anarchy. Perhaps THIS is why so many guns and so much ammo has been purchased this past year?

The reason so much guns and ammo has been purchased is the
ammunition accountability act passing in some states.

And the new blair holt law will likely pass as well.

Also we are getting a white hating La Raza council member who was
a member of Belizean Grove much like Bohemian Grove on SCOTUS.

Add this in with looming banking collapse and possible long term
banking shutdown and you get ppl thinking it is time to duck and cover.

If you look throughout history you see a pattern of governments
cracking down on their ppl and in history about 150 million dead
due to their own governments, maybe more.

So ppl who read history are preparing accordingly.

We have had uprisings here in the past, one turned into the
civil war, we have had unarmed college students mowed down
by gunfire on campuses.

Things have been getting worse lately, not better as some liars would
have you believe, but most of it will become more clear before next year.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul
While it's still bad, I don't believe they shut it down for good. I'm pretty sure they just closed it for one day to save money. Like the DMV, I think they are closed like 3 fridays out of the month now.

So yes that fact that they have to close it at all is horrible, but you are kinda making it seem as if it is closed for good.

Utah took all its state offices to a 4 day work week.

I do not know if they cut pay but I suspect they did.

I think one or possibly more other states did the same, and several
have the idea on the blackboard for consideration.

I expect to see most states in money trouble take this 4 day work
week path and I expect to see other huge cuts in services in state
like california were the 4 day work week only comes up with
about 4% of the money they need.

new topics

top topics

join