It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason Jesus is the only way

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

man i know the sequel is never as good as the original.but this has got to be the worst.this sucka stinks.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think people need to recognize the difference between the tribal hierarchies that are predominant in all world religions, the message of those religions and the figures related to those religions and the lessons they brought.

are Jesus's teachings wrong? No. Definitely not.

Are the churches actions and behaviours wrong as an institution? You bet and how! Regular humans functioning in the tribal hierarchies of organized religion have done many a foul and egregious thing. Without a doubt!

Do the figures of religion pose a threat in anyway to modern humanity. No.

Does organized religion pose a threat? Yes, it is a control system that demands obedience to a rule set that may or may not be relative to the teachings they are said to be derived from.

Many religious institutions have schism. Nowhere is this more clear than in christianity which , in it's religious institutions is the most disorganized and most un-united of the big 3 judao-islamic-christian traditions.

Islam has shia and sunni. They conflict with each other yes, but overall there is strong religious unity in both.

Judaism has Orthodox, conservative and reform, but they all use the same book from which they gain their religious sustenance.

Christianity has so many sects it is bordering on ridiculous. There are completely fabricated stories such as the book of mormon which while wit was being composed was shown to be fraudulent and yet, there are 1000's of mormons who strongly believe.

The Catholics vs The protestants is another schism, Lutherans, Baptists, types of services, leaders, structure, the rapture does exist, not in scripture the mixing of pagan rituals with christian etc etc.

The schisms are what are deteriorating the core.

ultimately, religion seeks to prevent you from actually acquiring true knowledge and instead would seek to have you supplicate to their rules and regulations for living.

and don't forget to pay your preacher!

It's utter nonsense, but try convincing a fool that he is a fool. see where it gets you.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was wondering when more Christians would come on board. Instead of stating "this sucka stinks"
could you state why it stinks?

Be brave and debate why it stinks. No bible quotes though those are always brushed off by non Christians because its a circular argument.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManWithGrace89
In my opinion every explenation comes down to the same thing: something happened that isn't supposed to be possible.

Religion has answered nothing so far, yet look at what science has done for us?

While there are bad things, science has certainly improved the quality of life after many years.

While neither science or religion may or may not hold the answer, because NO ONE KNOWS, we as a race should not preach any type of false teachings with no proof.

If no one told you of Christianity, you would not know of it, but if you were born in the wild, science would allow you to build various contraptions through intuition.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Yeah well, my pregnant girlfriend can easily say she never had sex too. Sorry, but that doesn't prove anything to me. It's all heresey. We don't know anything about these stories that took place over 2,000 years ago. Either Mary was playing around and her husband was dumb enough to believe her or they were ashamed and lied. Who knows, but these stories did not come from them anyway. Heresey upon heresay doesn't prove anything to me. Christianity is one of the biggest, if not the biggest money making scheme of all time. Pope lives an pretty comfortable life, lives in a nice palace, get's to eat off of golden utensils. For doing what?

Then you have different idiots often with horrible make up and hair, not to mention the bad wigs on the men too on tv wanting money, then you have these priests/pasters and whoever else making a good living off their followers while demanding more from people who aren't making squat. The examples are endless. The jesus story is first packaged to control people, then forced people to join or die, then it turned into the money making scheme it is today. Then you christians wonder why more and more people are turning toward other paths.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Love that image! Can I get it on a t-shirt anywhere???

My take on Christianity is the same as my take on all other religions...

WHURRALOADAPISH!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great post. At first I thought, "Oh no
" when I read the title. You said it perfectly and in a few amount of words.

I'm over the debate of whether Jesus was real or a myth. If he was just a man or God in the flesh. If I have to believe he was God or I will go to hell and, similarily, if I have to believe IN HIM in order to get to heaven.

I really don't a rat's patootie about any of that anymore. The ONLY thing that I pay attention to in this whole Jesus matter is that "his" teachings were so incredibly profound that I don't have words for them. And if all Christians got over trying to convince us that we have to believe in him and SIMPLY practiced his teachings we would ALL be much better off. There are few religions that don't operate on the same teachings of Jesus Christ and quite frankly, they are a no-brainer.

I believe that just ONE WORD got lost in the translation. Jeusus is the only way to salvation was probably meant to be Jesus' teachings are the only way to salvation.

Once people realize that there's nothing to bicker over.

No dogma, no rituals, no worship of your God or my God. Many of the world's problems would simply melt away if we could all just practice the TEACHINGS of one religion or another because no matter which God is "in charge" of which religion they all have the same message and they all mirror the teachings of Jesus and vice versa.

If you think about it, all of these religions have the same stories, the same teachings, and the only thing that really changes is the name of the God and the name of the messenger of said God, and their nationality.

It's just a way for all of humanity, despite geographical location/culture/race, to be able to relate to the teachings and utilize them.

Once people REALIZE THAT maybe they will finally stop the madness.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Of course if you were to look to your right there would be another group of people waiting next to the river. You might ask them to join you for Jesus was coming back to save them. Indeed they would tell you to join them for they had just finished a few projects. One of the projects was the construction of a boat. Another was an attempt to build a bridge across the water. Yet another project was a submarine and another project still was a tunnel under the water. Another project was a helicopter and another was a plane. This group does not wait for someone to bring a boat to them. Science does work son.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
reply to post by octotom

I just don't understand why christians are so sure in their belief when everything that Jesus taught is the same as what many non-christians already believe, and yet they are damned for eternity just because they don't take someone's word (with no reason other than because christians say it is true and if there is another reason please tell me so that I may be saved) that there was a guy who died and was resurrected-It seems like such a technicality.

Exactly. The only thing that separates Christians from non-believers is the fact that you have to believe Jesus was God in the flesh and that he rose from the dead. It's THE ONLY THING they "have" over the rest of us Godless heathens.

Everything they use to back all of this up is from a book that can easily be debated as being nothing more than the work of man. Using quotes from the bible does nothing to hold sway over those who believe it to be a work of fiction. It's just as bad as Joseph Smith using a book he wrote to prove to people that his beliefs are the right ones. I could wrtie a book saying that drinking orange juice while staring at a picture of Jesus is the only way to heaven and then use that book to back up what I say. It doesn't hold it's weight in water.

I find it odd how Chrisitians are so righteous for believing a talking snake convinced a naked women made from a rib to eat from a forbidden tree that resulted in her and her husband (whose rib she was made from as an after thought) being banished from the land by a flying man, but if us Godless heathens suggest that all you have to do is live according to the teachings of Christ simply because they make perfect sense as to how to make the world a better more peaceful place and NOT that we have to believe he was God in the flesh (the argument made for such is pretty flimsy anyway) we're going to hell and we need to be saved. They can believe in talking snakes and rib-made women but if we believe in Aliens OH MY GOD!!!! We're falling for Lucifers lies.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The problem is that, according to Christian teachings (not Christ's teachings) It's not enough to watch him build his boat as an example and then make your own just like he did and therefore get even more people across the river faster. You have to wait for him to finish his boat (cuz no matter how hard you try to build your boat like him it will never be as good as his), come across the river and start boarding people.

But first, he's going to ask you "Do you believe that I am the only way you can cross this river?" and if you say, "Well, I watched you build your AWESOME boat and so I made one EXACTLY like you did and I think we can get EVEN MORE people across the river that way" and he says "Buzzzzz! Wrong answer! Sorry, you're going to have to wait here until you realize that you're not getting across this river without me, I don't care how many people you teach how to build the boat like I did. I won't let you onto the other side. But hey, you did do a good job on that boat and I'm sure it will make it across but I won't allow you to get to the other side unless you take MY boat. Check ya later dude!" What a jerk!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
you are so right OP....i have family that are gospel singers and if they go further than 50 miles to go sing they charge the church 200 dollars PLUS all of the offerings and they sell cd's, books, bumper stickers and the like...they do all this and make all this money off of the christian religion...and even thats not enough to satisfy their thirst..they sue anyone every chance they get, they do ...other things....to make money...yet still get up on stage with their talk about how god delivered them from drugs and evil....if i was to list all of the things they have done since they started this gospel singing group it would take me about 4 solid days and nights of just typing....yet they get away with it everything they do thats bad cause they have a reputation of this amazing christian gospel singing group...although i know someone whose church refused to let them sing there but still they are constantly gone to churches and events, revivals and things like that making money hand over fist yet still act like they are broke and try to borrow money from family members and do some dispicable things that you wouldnt believe.....i refuse to go to their singings...i try my best to just not assosiate with them and just be nice cause i have to.

the stories i could tell....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

I believe that just ONE WORD got lost in the translation. Jeusus is the only way to salvation was probably meant to be Jesus' teachings are the only way to salvation.

Your entire post was great. What I quoted though says it all doesn't it?

It is so simple yet the most important. Nothing else matters in the bible but the teachings.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thanks. Also, the fact that all the main religions agree that there is only one God, but THEIR God is the right god. But what they don't realize is that that they are all worshiping the same God. They just can't agree on HOW to worship him. Hey, how bout they forget trying to force people to worship him their way? Why don't they just go about their business worshiping him their way and let their God take care of the non-believers?

I'm pretty sure that if this God wanted non-believers punished or dead he would be able to take care of it himself and wouldn't need us mere mortals to enact justice on our fellow man. This God supposedly did this in all of these religious books thousands of years ago. What changed to where this God suddenly started hiring us to do his bidding? Did he get fat and lazy? Did he have a bad accident and is now disabled and bed ridden? Did he outsource his wrath to us?

(I'm not necessarily a believer in this "God" person. I'm one of those we are God and God is us type people, just so ya know.)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

Of course if you were to look to your right there would be another group of people waiting next to the river. You might ask them to join you for Jesus was coming back to save them. Indeed they would tell you to join them for they had just finished a few projects. One of the projects was the construction of a boat. Another was an attempt to build a bridge across the water. Yet another project was a submarine and another project still was a tunnel under the water. Another project was a helicopter and another was a plane. This group does not wait for someone to bring a boat to them. Science does work son.

Of course you know the river was a metaphor, right? On the other side of that river was supposed to be heaven if I read it correctly.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Oh my bad. I was using the inventions as a metaphor for Science possibly drilling a wormhole into heaven. Once we can find a way to get into heaven with Science there will be no need to worship a certain way. Science will make heaven available for everyone.

Muslim, Christian, Catholic, Jehovah Witness, Buddhist, Mormon, Atheist.

It is just a matter of time until Science finds a way to either teleport, warp, tear a dimensional rift, hack the God matrix code or whatever we have to do.

Science is going to take heaven back.

Power to the people.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Yes, well that is certainly possible. If there is any truth to the bible though, I wouldn't be surprised if God comes down and tears up your inventions and mixes up your languages.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

What is the worst thing God could do? Smash our machines? We will rebuild them! Flood the Earth? AGAIN? We have Kevin Costner and the script to Water World this time. We will be prepared to find Dry Land. And then our quest to take back Heaven shall continue!

Heaven is gonna be under new Management. No more exclusive Club Membership this time.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Christianity was never well publicised. it appears alot of christians are bad speakers. the best times to be able to believe in jesus was when he was here. if he was (for all you athiests) or if your like me the person that is depicted as the son of god.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Originally posted by ManWithGrace89
In my opinion every explenation comes down to the same thing: something happened that isn't supposed to be possible.

Religion has answered nothing so far, yet look at what science has done for us?

While there are bad things, science has certainly improved the quality of life after many years.

While neither science or religion may or may not hold the answer, because NO ONE KNOWS, we as a race should not preach any type of false teachings with no proof.

If no one told you of Christianity, you would not know of it, but if you were born in the wild, science would allow you to build various contraptions through intuition.

Science has not answered anything either, it has merely observed. In the grand scheme of things, science can't answer anything any more than religion can. Don't get me wrong, science has been great to mandkind (and bad), but every "answer" only leads to ten more questions. That's because as long as the ultimate question goes unanswered the little stuff is just our perspective observation.

And religion is just as much the reason for human civilization as science is. They are all branches of the same tree, friend. The need to know the unknown.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Believe it ot not, Jesus doesn't get a penny/cent of any money aquired in his name.

The OP is confusing Jesus with organisations that use his name.

Of course, there are many genuine organisations who barely recoup running costs, but there are too many who are robbing the gullable - they will pay the ultimate price on judgement day.

No the reason why Jesus is the only way, is that it clearly says so in the Bible. People who are capable, then study the Bible, and come to the realisation that it is the truth. Then there are those who see a film like Zeitgeist, and because it suits there pre-existing opinions, quickly swallow the zeitgeist type premise up, believing deceptions that Jesus never existed, or that God was unable to relay his message and instructions to his followers and that the Bible is corrupted.
Satan has been at work since Adam and Eve, and he is doing a fine job at leading the leadable into destruction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join