It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Sex Have to be at ATS too?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
do you really get "urges" from looking at avatars? or even believe that other people get urges from looking at an avatar?

scary thing is, from this post, we have got to see that YES, some people would get urges from an simple avatar, avatars are a picture of what that person thinks is artistcly sound for that purpose, at that precise time. .. unless their like me and to lazy to change avatar all the time

(i cant see my avatar, so i dont change it,. .. i dont know if that is technicaly lazyness lol)

im still shocked that people messaged her with the zebra print about the satanic handsign !! i really never thought people could be was that shallow and pedantic! (yes, i stole that line from peter griffen!)

i wish something that causes real news would happen, a new war, terrorist strike .. not so people get hurn as i dont want that, i just think the worlds getting board and causing people to get offended by nothing?

what next? maths is perverted cos 1+2=2 and 2 makes me think of 2 people together? .. sorry, im really ranting for no reason now, @ work and very board)

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

LOL Oh yeah I got a lot of u2u's about my sign throwing..lol I was like are you serious! Well I guess some people read into avatars and well I just dont. I change mine like i said based on mood. I am getting ready to change mine as soon as I find a pic of lightning I like

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Sir your avatar offends me. It's giving me unnatural urges.

Ok i am kidding. But you know we're not all puritanical. To be honest i am at a loss as to what to say.

What would be acceptable to you as an avatar? What about my avatar? Is that unacceptable to you? Perhaps the letter makes you think of a naughty word.

Being serious....

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i am not impressed that my avator was not on that list
am i not sexual

i call sexism

only joking

[edit on 20-7-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think SD's current avatar is pretty hawt. And Kristian's is borderline.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by eMachine]

[edit on 7/20/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Some of the avatars are pretty risque but I think we're safe unless Larry Flint suddenly becomes a moderator.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well i know mine is sooo sexy it just gives people that feeling. Gets them in the mood. Nothing like Satan to make u wanna have sex.

I havent really seen many Semi-Sexually Explicit pictures on ATS, especially avatars. But if you have a problem with it, atleast your throwing it out here.

-Shadow

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
TA
whilst theres no nudey rudey toodey bits, I actually think your avatar is quite sexy...but hey, I read what you write, and only allow the rare titalation to overcome me from glancing at the hot guy you've got in there under those graphics....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yeah right.
You are really reaching into flat out lying now. This has turned into a bash TA however you can thread, plain and simple. In my avatar there is absolutely nothing sexually suggestive. NOTHING. No nudity, no suggestion of nudity, NOTHING like that at all. :shk:

Can any of you actually refute my initial arguments on the avatars I posted? Has it occurred to you to even try? All you people can say is "I see nothing wrong at all with those avatars."

I don't know if any of you even understood my post, or have even tried to understand why I feel these avatars cross the line into "unnecessary sexual innuendo." And to whoever said that nudity does not equal sex, then please explain that to elevatedone the mod who forcefully removed the avatar I posted. If it didn't, for the purposes of this board, then everyone could post nudes even if there was no direct exposure of genitals or female breasts.

Elevatedone then comments "just make sure he has a shirt on too." Oh? Then what's this, EO?

The difference is that this avatar is not just displaying a human body for nothing other than to display it because it's sexy. And also, if the avatar I posted did not break the T&C, then why did you remove it from my profile, but leave it up on the media portal? I removed it from there just now, not you.

That what this has come down to, as I have now realized. It is the attempt to display parts of a body for nothing other than to look at it and draw a reaction from the reader, I guess that bugs me. Maybe the solution is to not allow any body parts at all in avatars, only faces, whether real or fantasy pics. That would most definitely draw the line in the sand, and stop this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

But the only person who thinks it's nonsense is you

Second Line

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I might purchase a burka, just so I can have a picture of me wearing it for my avatar

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have learned to disregard most avatars. Most avatars are based on fantasy, beliefs, or a combination of all. They are often more fantasy ..not reality....salesmanship. The reality about a person or individual on the other end of the keyboard is in the text of the post. You must learn to take apart/dissect numerous of the components of the text/texts to find thier soul. I dont spend alot of time looking at peoples avatars. I am not impressed with them. Many are often quite the opposite of what they post in text.

However..I too have noted the overt sexuality in many of the avatars. It is the same in television and radio advertising. Overt sexuality. What I have noted here is that if a person must use this method to sell themselves or a product ..what is the real worth of the product or of themselves.
It is often no longer covert, subtle, or even intelligent.

Originally posted by Kram09

Grandma, is that you???

Seriously this made me laugh. I don't mean to be rude, sure we all have our own opinions, but this isn't the 1920s.

I think you lost your perspective on history here...Kram09. I think you meant to say..,this is not Gransma's 1920's. We desire to go back to a more enlightened Sexual time ...like ancient Rome or Ancient Greece. Way further back in a time warp.
Time warps are very nice to stick people back into to spread around the guilt ...until you run across someone who knows some history. Not just the drivel which passes for excellence now days. Nations way back in history were far more open about sex and sexuality than are we today...by far. Most of their holydays were in fact sexual and of sexual deviancy...right down to the offering up and killing of thier children..even their first born to their sexual gods. Enlightened times for sure. But forgotten or even never known in todays ignorance trying to pass for the moral/intellectual high ground.
When a wise man stated.."There is nothing new under the sun" They were dead on the moneys. In the bullseye.

True American...

I think the problem you are trying to describe across the board ...is..

Are there any people out here who can define themselves by anything but sexuality...or sexual orientation?? For people are so much more than Sex/Sexual orientation.
Why are people so dirt stupid..that so many seem to have or be attracted to this one tell tale fingerprint....like someone running a program..or a unconscious program running them?

People are so much more than sex and sexuality...why the inordinate fascination with this sex drug...running them....even unconsciously?

I am not claiming people do not have sex or sexuality..I am saying people are so much more than sex and sexuality.

I posted this the other day to a person called Zysin5 on the BTS thread under Faith and Spirituality...titled Hurtful, angry, spiteful people (religioius fanaticism)

When I see so much sexuality advertised and touted across the board and permeating from peoples very souls..I am want to ask what religion is it that they are practicing? The very thing they often state about others.
Once again..people are so much more than sex and sexuality.

Here is the post to Zysin5

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps you True Amereican. One of the secrets or knowledges/clues about how and why much of this fingerprint you are describing and decrying has come to pass is a knowledge of the occult/sexual religions and thier connection to salesmanship...or programming/brainwashing...Including political salesmanship. And politics pays for and finances public education through college level. This is an important clue True American.
I know and understand about what is bothering you about many of the posts and avatars here on ATS/BTS.
Most of it is fantasy ..not reality. Advertising. It doesnt impress me at all. It is the content of the texts posted in which the real knowledge of the person behind the keyboard is to be found.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 21-7-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

(I am not implying that the OP is old) But when i am old perhaps i will make similar comments regarding sexuality in a different situation and i'll get told that it isn't the 1990s.

I can see your point.....to a certain extent.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
TA
whilst theres no nudey rudey toodey bits, I actually think your avatar is quite sexy...but hey, I read what you write, and only allow the rare titalation to overcome me from glancing at the hot guy you've got in there under those graphics....

Actually, I quite agree. I've always liked TA's avatar.

I understand the point though. It reminds me of an argument I had with my husband just yesterday about how barely dressed women dancing in music videos gives both men and women the impression that's what it means to be a free and self-respecting confident woman these days. Anyway, that's neither here nor there in this thread.

I think maybe having a visually-appealing avatar (like a hot chick) maybe raises the chances that most readers will not simply scroll over your posts, because it means while they read there is a purdy picture in view. Not saying that's how anyone chooses their avatar necessarily, even the examples posted have meaning for those who chose them I think.

What bugs me a tiny bit is people using a celebrity's picture, like one I've been seeing recently of Christina Aguilera's "bad girl" personality. But that one particularly reminds me of stuff I've read about the "Monarch Project" or w/e, mind conditioning and alter-ego stuff.

For the record, mine is myself about 7 years ago and I messed around with the lighting/shading etc so that it looks even less like I do now. Took me a while to convince my husband to let me use a pic as an avatar. There's nothing else that defines me, but the physical features I was born with, so it's a picture of me or no avatar at all, imo.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
There, hope yas like my new avatar.

Mod Edit -

1) No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.

Guidlines

[edit on 19-7-2009 by elevatedone]

Why are you enforcing the T&C on me and not on the users whose avatars I have posted?

No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.

Since when does hair qualify as a shirt?

And also, a halter top is NOT a shirt! WTF is this double standard?

By your own rules you are stating these avatars are against the T&C, and yet there they still sit, in your face, and worse, in mine. Get with it EO and do your duty to remove them please.

I don't see Jess with a shirt on either, and that's why to me it is borderline.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Since when does hair qualify as a shirt?

i hate to answer a question with but .. scince when does a cyborgified torso and head qualify as a "persons"

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Also since when was it ok to call out others members in public like this?

So this guy goes to a psychologist's office and the doctor says he will draw some pictures and the patient will say the first thing he thinks of

The doctor draws a tree and the man say 'sex'

The doctor draws a boat, the man says sex

He draws a house, the moon, and a phone and he says sex, sex, sex

Finally the doctor says, sir you are obsessed with sex and the man says, well you're the one drawing all the dirty pictures

It's all relative and it's up to you to determine

if a poster shows up with a nude girl...ok bad...but I see nothing wrong with these honestly

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This thread is good for a laugh

Next we wont be able to show pictures of kids or animals in our avatars at the fear of encouraging pedophilia or beastiality

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I hate to inform you but a halter top IS a type of shirt. You cant seriously think that just because a shirt goes around the neck as opposed to having sleeves it's considered borderline?! Borderline for what may I ask? I think you are getting a little too involved with peoples avatars.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I find it terrible, if you've got a woman as a picture on your avatar I automatically think you're a girl, and treat you degradingly! lol just kidding. But I do assume your a girl.

Although, you may think i'm some morphed out squirrel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join