It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Sex Have to be at ATS too?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
It may seem a little offensive, I tend to look
away and focus on the text... but that's just me.

APPLAUSE

somebody actually gets it...
geez...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well Elavatedone, my Sunday has really quietened down!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow Op you should become a mod! You could remove any avatar that gave you that little stir if you know what I mean. Today it's robot chicks and cartoons. Tomorrow it might be the pet avatars that for whatever reason you find objectionable. But seriously... You would be a perfect ATS mod.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Wow Op you should become a mod! You could remove any avatar that gave you that little stir if you know what I mean. Today it's robot chicks and cartoons. Tomorrow it might be the pet avatars that for whatever reason you find objectionable. But seriously... You would be a perfect ATS mod.

Yea that is exactly how they act!

:shk: :shk:

[[NOT]]

Give me a break...........

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So let me get this straight and very simple.

What you are saying is that people who use avatars like this should only post in BTS? I would most honestly say that a majority of the members on here who sport an avatar like the ones you posted can actually carry on a very intelligent conversation from what I've seen. Personally, it is up to the member using the avatar to decide what they want to use.

Then again...........

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
So let me get this straight and very simple.

What you are saying is that people who use avatars like this should only post in BTS? I would most honestly say that a majority of the members on here who sport an avatar like the ones you posted can actually carry on a very intelligent conversation from what I've seen. Personally, it is up to the member using the avatar to decide what they want to use.

Then again...........

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Hahah.. I love what you said. Agree 100%

I cannot believe the OP is serious about this thread ......

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm gonna change my avatar to show you my boobies and i'll win because you're easily distracted and therefore not an asset in the struggle.

Especially the struggle to snuggle.
Just made that up.

cute faces and cleavage and bums, oh my!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Let them not be judged by their Avatars

But by the content of their posts

- JC

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sex is a part of the human condition.

Without sex we wouldn't be here. (Sorry to put an image of mommy and daddy doin' the nasty in your head.)

But we as humans are sexual creatures. and because we are we express ourselves in a sexual way.

Not always, but a lot of the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Bringing sexual innuendo here with avatars is just so damn cheap. It degrades the site. I don't mind most avatars that lean that way a touch, but when it's overt, it is just distracting, when I am sitting here trying to learn and absorb information. That one person who had the blonde with the huge cleavage, I mean that was just over the top!

And the minute the mods allow something like that, then you run into the problem of where do you draw the line? ATS used to be a place where anything even leaning in that direction would be seriously frowned upon. I never used to see avatars like that here. And the funny thing is, I am probably kinkier than any of you ever thought about being.

Just not at ATS. It's like the two do not go together for me here. AT ALL. It's like pizza and peanut butter- both good on their own, but not meant to be mixed. It was about respecting the intense amount of knowledge that was on this site, and some seriously very smart people who knew where to draw the line without question.

Maybe the lack of any of them here to join me in voicing their distaste at these kinds of images just goes to show how much this site has changed. I wonder what Simon Gray thinks about your avatar, boy in a dress? Back in the day, that would have not flown here, for sure. There is a place for everything. And I am now seeing just how out of place I have become.

At least I can say I knew where that line was, and have never crossed it. Not here. Out of sheer respect to some really great wisdom, and out of respect for a really great site. Respect for decency here has dropped considerably by allowing these kinds of images, and has given way to something else. I won't speculate on what this is, but I can say for sure it is not the same.

It is a sad day indeed to see not even a single person at ATS or BTS agree with my position. And I state my opinion here on this not because I can't handle your stupid sexual avatars. I state it because somebody needed to draw a line in the sand. So sue me. Call me a prude. Call me oldschool. Call me whatever TF you want to call me. But I cared enough to put my ass on line to defend what was left of the the decency of this site. All I was asking for was a little further consideration of the kinds of images you guys were using, and asking if it was really necessary. Guess so. Ok. I got it.

I will now cast my vote to up the number of ignores up to 50 or so. That ought to cover it.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

when I am sitting here trying to learn and absorb information. That one person who had the blonde with the huge cleavage, I mean that was just over the top!

Maybe to attract more attention, more replies, more flags and stars, more lively discussion, etc, etc....

And I think that's over the top!!

Don't worry, I see this phenomenon everywhere, including supposed to be very serious science forums being browsed and even moderated by University professors!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

dude relax. You're not out of place, you're, um, maybe an elder?
.......i'll grab one for you too.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Grandma, is that you???

Seriously this made me laugh. I don't mean to be rude, sure we all have our own opinions, but this isn't the 1920s.

I didn't see a problem with the avatars that you mentioned. Personally i come here mainly for the discussions, not to gawp at people's avatars.

It's one thing complaining about the avatars you showed, but i think it's going a bit far, saying someone's avatar is borderline sexual just because it shows her face. Perhaps she should wear a paper bag over her head.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

What are you talking about?

But no worries anymore. The solution was undesirable, but obvious. We are all equal now.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Did you go lb?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I was talking about the comment you made Jess_Undefined's avatar.

But anyway never mind.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"I sat through EVERY DISGUSTING FRAME of that film.....twice."

It IS easy enough to limit your 'exposure' to the avatars. There are a couple of methods that have already been discussed on ATS.

An image is an image.

Please don't judge us on our looks. It's more about what we can bring to the discussion.

If you wanted to try hard enough, I think you could really find 'innuendo' in just about anything. Well...except maybe mine, cuz that would be wrong on so many levels.

Seriously though. Although I can understand trying to keep ATS family-oriented. (WTH?!?) I certainly wouldn't want my children tooling around this site without someone being real close by to field questions.

Avatars are just fun. That's it. Heck, we can't even tell if these PEOPLE are the gender they claim to be. It inconsequential.

Perhaps we should just ban avatars altogether. Then we can have the software snip out the word 'sex.' Then we can ban women from posting. Then we'll only allow white males to post. Then....

One of the most difficult things I have to learn to deal with in this life is that everyone is different. They have different views, different looks, different desires. It would be really, really wrong of me to try and force someone else to bend to my will.

You will all bow before the great and ignominious leader. All hail the watcher of morality and the destroyer of the urges of our flesh.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I dont really look at people's avatars that much. Heck slayer69 & chadwickus have the hottest avatars imo on here for a guy and it doesnt bother me in the least bit and it's a computer generated image, not a real person (even though wolverine is Hugh Jackman) ....lol
Now there have been some other avatars that scare the crap out of me but I am not on here complaining about that. It's an avatar what's the big deal? Are you easily distracted in public by attractive sexually suggestive women like you think some avatars are? Just curious....

[edit on 7/20/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I know right?! I dont get it either. I was not expecting my face to be borderline inappropriate. I dont understand it and I probably never will.

Alll I can say is sorry that these avatars distract you so much OP. Maybe they'll make a feature for you so that you can block avatars.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
You will all bow before the great and ignominious leader. All hail the watcher of morality and the destroyer of the urges of our flesh.

Yeah right. That's why I made this thread.
:bnghd:
:shk:

How about taking the urges of your flesh somewhere else. Don't need it here. And you can take your urges of insane exaggeration right along with them, thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join