It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it, that such a small thing, meant so much.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A couple of days ago, I was in Wisconsin Dells. I was at a motel and it was near night time. I was running, towards the indoor pool. When I noticed a girl in front of me. She got to the door first, and held it open for me. I said thank you, and she said your welcome. I usually hold doors for people, I've never really had anyone hold one for me. When I mean usually I mean a lot of times.

I live in a condo, and there are many elderly people who live in the building. I hold the doors, open them for people. I can easily say that for the past 5 years of my life, I haven't gone a week without holding the door, opening it for someone. Someone explain to me why, this small thing that I've done so much, means so much to me. If it helps the girl was really pretty, and around my age.

I can't believe I still have this on my mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Love at first sight

Holding doors open for people is a sign of cooperation.
You hold the door open, and its like subconsciously saying, "We can work together"

Jacob

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Well, its probably just that. I can't stop thinking of her, or that moment. I just wish I could have thanked her more than I did, with two simple words. Thank you for helping me figure some things out about this.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

No problem man.
As long as i could help.
Where was it? I mean you could still find her, i mean, if it was somewhere you go regularly, or a local place, she can't of gone far.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Well, thats just the thing that makes me sad. I was vacationing with my family in Wisconsin Dells. It was at the Monaco Motel. The thing is, I live in Chicago. I have a very strong belief that she lives in Minnesota. But hell, theres about 5 million people who live in that state. I guess, that if its meant to be, I will see her again one day. I tried to just forget about it, but I can't. Thanks for helping me out so far. But I think theres just nothing I can do. I only know her first name.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You, my friend, are a poet.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
reply to post by Trams

Love at first sight

Holding doors open for people is a sign of cooperation.
You hold the door open, and its like subconsciously saying, "We can work together"

Jacob

Different much Deeper way of looking at it..

I like it

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Have you seen the movie Serendipity? For some reason this makes me think of it. Lovely movie.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Are you referring to me? I didn't know that I gave that impression, when writing about my experience. Maybe its because I'm being driven, by what could be love.

mblahnikluver, Actually, I haven't. I'm going to make sure I watch it tonight hopefully. Thanks for bringing up the movie.

[edit on 075America/Chicagof2009Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:49:07 -0500America/Chicago 3107America/Chicago by Trams]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I've seen that movie, it's alright but I'm not a big fan of John Cusack. Yes, I was talking to you. You can make a still of a moment and capture it's essence. You, my friend, are a poet. Have you tried your hand at writing?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Actually, I've thought myself to be more of an orator, than writer. To answer your question, no I haven't really writen poems. Sure, short ones for school projects etc. Thank you, for noticing something I didn't.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I would say you're welcome, but my thanks isn't deserved. Poetry and prose go hand in hand my friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't know what to say then.

You've opened my eyes to something, I really haven't explored yet. Thanks for that.

mblahnikluver, I just saw Serendipity. Thank you for letting me know about the movie. I can only dream that something even romotely like the movie, will occur. A man can dream.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Dang wasted 5mins reading this... thought it was about virginity... oh wait it sorta is!

new topics

top topics

join