It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Aircraft Encounters: The BOAC Stratocruiser Incident and The “B-29 Gulf of Mexico Incident”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by fls13

LOL, you know that is crazy because I have never seen it(or remember, and I am pretty young so my memory is not bad!). Goes to show you that even people who heavily research this phenomena haven't seen everything--YET,lol.

Here's some stuff I turned up over the weekend while Googling around. Really excellent stuff from CBS News. You said you're young, don't know if you're American . . . . (if not, I'll explain who they are.)

Here's an hour-long documentary from 1966.

Here's a bit from the evening news in 1973.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Yea I am only 23 but I was aware of those
I live in Tennessee, USA as well,lol---Just so I am not "mystery member",lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well, I had really hoped more people would find these cases interesting. They are not to wide known ad very good cases. None-the-less here they are for anyone to view.

I usually just lurk unless someone posts something profound, or profoundly stupid (usually the case), but I always love your threads. Well presented and interesting, every time. This one, like many others, gives me occasion to wonder why the cases that are truly unknown, "un-debunkable", and viable are the ones you never hear about. That in itself is strange and even a little suspect if you care to go that route.

But yeah, thanks for posting these - more great cases that I'd never heard about.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by longfade

Thanks, I just know that a lot of cases like these in particular are unknown to most. LOL, so when I see the thread kinda flop a little bit (like this one has) I just hope that people see these cases---I could care a less about the flags(although they are usually good indicators). Thanks for your reply and kind words.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks for your reply SKL, I am glad you liked this thread, I know you consider yourself "alien agnostic"---Hopefully research and reports like this will turn you!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks for your reply SKL, I am glad you liked this thread, I know you consider yourself "alien agnostic"---Hopefully research and reports like this will turn you!

I don't know about turning me into an "alien believer" any time soon.

All I know, is things happen, and then they are covered up quickly.

I enjoy digging into the cover-up process and proving them wrong.

I see through the cover-ups easily.

It took me five years of talking to a friend, daily, at work, about cover-ups and conspiracies before I read this book :

The Day After Roswell

What pushed me more into reading it than anything to do with aliens, was the cover-up process and as well my friend telling me there were codes mixed in with what the author was saying.

The fact that it was authored by a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the Air Force did not hurt any either.

I will respect your thoughts on aliens though, and keep my "agnosticism" as far as little green or grey men goes.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Excellent Report jkrog08

thanks for posting all this information about these two Very interesting ufo incidents, i appreciate the time you spent on this S+F
. now that i have looked at both reports , i can say that i do remember hearing of these but never got a chance to take a closer look at them.

this part is convincing to me...

Lieutenant Coleman: "I noticed one UFO approach our aircraft at a terrific rate of speed. I timed it as best I could with a stop-watch over a known distance and the flight engineer computed the speed at 5,240m.p.h. I alerted the entire crew to look for the objects visually, and flashes of light were noted. The closest the objects came was approximately 20 miles. I saw about 20 objects in all. I recalibrated the set and there was no change.

"The objects were small and possibly round, with the exception of one very large return shaped as follows, one- half-inch curved arc. I also noticed a large return come up to within 40 miles of our tail from behind and then disappear. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that this object was real and moved at an extremely high speed and was not a set malfunction or optical illusion."

Master Sergeant Bailey: "The radar operator clocked the object [the first one seen] and I computed the air speed of the object to average 5,240 m.p.h. Twice during the period, the radar operator reported an object to be passing at 3 o'clock. Upon looking out the window, I saw a blue-white streak travel front to rear and disappear under the wing."

Staff Sergeant Ferris: "After the radar operator reported objects approaching at 4 o'clock

for me the pilot descriptions are the most valuable evidence and the radar confirmation is certainly a plus !

that report reminded me of the RB47 UFO encounter of July 17, 1957 and was in the same general area (the Gulf states)

The BOAC Stratocruiser UFO Incident really caught my attention since it was reported near Labrador /Goose Bay ,Canada because i did a thread on a very similar incident that happened approximately 3 years earlier in the same general area !

One of the Best UFO story's of all time is the Bethune/Gander incident of February 10, 1951 and this case involved credible qualified observers that were U.S. Navy personel Flying in a C-54 Aircraft at 10,000 ft. that observed an unidentified object over the Atlantic Ocean, near Newfoundland Canada for about 8 minutes.

Flight crew members said an orange rimmed with dark center UFO was approximately 300 ft. in diameter and was first spotted hovering over the water. As their plane approached and got closer to the object the UFO must have been startled by the unexpected visitors and began to change colors and grow in size and made an advancement towards their position.

The giant UFO shot up towards them and the startled crew members banged their heads during an effort to try and duck for cover. the object then paced the Airplane and positioned itself about a hundred feet below and about 2 hundred feet ahead. after a short peroid the UFO reversed direction at a very sharp angle and disappeared over the horizon.

Although there is no picture of the object, there was enough witness testimony along with the object being tracked on DEW line ground radar at the base in Goose Bay, Labrador to validate the sighting. crew members upon landing were interrogated by Air Force intelligence officers and later interrogated by Naval intelligence. the entire crew was instructed to fill out reports about the incident. this event was registered in the project blue book records and the project card lists this sighting as an Aurora display !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2769bed74428.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e21443a7ad1b.png[/atsimg]

Gandor Case Synopsis - February 10, 1951, Off Newfoundland, Canada

On February 10, a US Navy flight, Atlantic/Continental Air Transport Squadron one, located at USN Air Station, Patuxent River, Maryland, was out of Keflavik, Iceland at 49-50 degrees north latitude and 50-03 degrees west longitude about 150 kilometers [90 miles] west of Gander, Newfoundland out over the Atlantic Ocean. The aircraft was probably bound for Gander to refuel judging by its position and course of 230 degrees true, though the report does not mention this. US Naval Reserve Lieutenant Graham Bethune, copilot of Flight 125, was occupying the captain¹s seat on the left side of the cockpit in the passenger plane when he first sighted a huge object [at least] 300 feet in diameter on a near collision course with their aircraft.

The copilot stated in his official report, "...I observed a glow of light below the horizon about 1,000 to 1,500 feet [330-470 meters] above the water. We both [the pilot as well] observed its course and motion for about 4 or 5 minutes before calling it to the attention of the other crew members. ...Suddenly its angle of attack changed. Its altitude and size increased as though its speed was in excess of 1,000 miles [1,670 kilometers] per hour. It closed in so fast that the first feeling was we would collide in mid air. At this time its angle changed and the color changed. It then [appeared] definitely circular and reddish orange on its perimeter. It reversed its course and tripled its speed until it was last seen disappearing over the horizon."

The copilot¹s report goes on to say that the object came within five miles of their aircraft which was borne out by radar evidence of the encounter because the object had been tracked by DEW Line Ground Radar at the base in Goose Bay, Labrador.

Years later Bethune was able to retrieve the reports from the National Archives and confirmed that the UFO they encountered that night had traveled 10,000 feet straight up in a fraction of a second and was tracked on radar at 1,800 miles per hour, well exceeding the 500 miles-per-hour capacity of the most advanced man-made craft at that time.

Bethune noted that his onboard magnetic compasses were spinning wildly while the mystery craft was nearby.

We had 31 people on board and a psychiatrist ­ we all witnessed it," he said, before adding to raucous applause: "I will testify under oath before Congress that everything I have said is true.

Weather clear, visibility from 15 miles to unlimited, no other weather information available. No unusual meteorological activity known to exist and having any in-fluence on the sighting. This object could not have been a comet as the object was below and between the aircraft and ocean.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ee2ab802e3a.png[/atsimg]

www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed56f89b3cce.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13738a849b56.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0c7fc71eefb.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a9d12e092ff.gif[/atsimg]

US Naval Reserve Lieutenant Graham Bethune

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc980eadc4ab.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e46bd6068ab.jpg[/atsimg]

www.ufologie.net...
www.nicap.org...
www.ufologie.net...
www.ufologie.net...
www.ufologie.net...

www.nationalufocenter.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.topsecrettestimony.com...

Pdf Files
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...
www.nicap.org...

Mr. Bethunes testimony at the Disclosure Project Conference...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in my opinion this makes four ufo reports in your thread here that give a considerable amount of credibility to the fact that there were real ufo's being witnessed by these people. 2 story's for each part of the World, all in the 1950's ! not to mention there are hundreds of more reported that decade.

how much more proof does somebody need

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

EXCELLENT POST, lol that was a thread itself! I found this bit interesting:

We had 31 people on board and a psychiatrist ­ we all witnessed it," he said, before adding to raucous applause: "I will testify under oath before Congress that everything I have said is true.

LOL, I guess the "mass delusion" theory is out right?

I will have to agree with you further that the 50's appeared to be a MAJOR WAVE, with the DC FLAP, the NUMEROUS aircraft-UFO encounters--like the ones presented thus far in this thread, the Lubbock Lights, Tremonton, Montana, Lakenheath, I could go on......... LOL, the majority of cases being beyond credible military witness WITH civilian witness collaboration, AS WELL RADAR! LOL, yea but some people still say "I need PROOF" before I will believe! Come on
, were those CGI or "lens flares in the 50s!.I think, or rather KNOW not.

Although it is true that without some mass landing event we will never have absolute, 100% UNDENIABLE proof. But for those who still think we are alone or the UFO phenomena is not real...........Or better yet "they are all secret government tests", lol come one now people, if all of the UFOs were government tests than we must be leaving one HELL of a lie! No, the truth is that a lot of what we see are ET craft (when taking into account abductee and whistleblower accounts, as well logic), while some are very likely secret government craft (likely back engineered off of ET craft). I know this is kind of a rant but I mean it is pretty obvious to anyone that doesn't have there mind so closed it has inverted on itself!.

Again, GREAT addition my friend.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by jkrog08

One of the Best UFO story's of all time is the Bethune/Gander incident of February 10, 1951 and this case involved credible qualified observers that were U.S. Navy personel Flying in a C-54 Aircraft at 10,000 ft. that observed an unidentified object over the Atlantic Ocean, near Newfoundland Canada for about 8 minutes.

Hi easynow, really a great post.

This one is also very convincing to me as well.

Years later Bethune was able to retrieve the reports from the National Archives and confirmed that the UFO they encountered that night had traveled 10,000 feet straight up in a fraction of a second and was tracked on radar at 1,800 miles per hour, well exceeding the 500 miles-per-hour capacity of the most advanced man-made craft at that time.

Top secret Human craft?
No way, because any country that possesses that kind of technology would rule the entire world.

Bethune noted that his onboard magnetic compasses were spinning wildly while the mystery craft was nearby.

If I remember correctly, effects on magnetic compasses happened also in this great case from internos.

The strange story of JAL 1628.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But so far, he and all those others are not invited yet to do so.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Definitely a good read J....

You need to be on the Disclosure team

Your reports are always well laid out.

Nice job

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow, I thought this thread would do better! Its definately one of my favorite UFO threads, come on people, where's the support? You have members like jkrog creating these fantastic threads, give him some support
Star and Flag this!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Here, here. jkrog is awesome!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I have said it before and I will say it again, but the threads that are the most interesting that are well thought out, seem to get buried under the threads with more sensationalist headlines and no substance.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words everyone, unfortunately some cases draw attention and some don't. None-the-less it is here for any and all to see whenever they like.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Giving a bump to this thread, which is some must read in my humble opinion.
Not only rich of informations, but also extremely well laid out.
I hope that more will get inspired by it, because this is the level of research that i would always like to see

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Jkrog, excellent work as usual!

I don't have the time to dive into these cases presently, but I thought I might offer you a basic tool to check planetary alignments, just for future reference...

Let me be clear that in neither of these cases do I feel a planet was the culprit, however it never hurts to check out all of the options, and posting what it isn't will certainly help to narrow down what it might have been...

There is a planet finder tool online here:
www.lightandmatter.com...

I'm out of time for today, I hope this helps! Great thread! S&F

-WFA

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for another fascinating thread, jkrog08

A star & a flag for you!

I tried to Digg it, but I couldn't see a link

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Jkrog - mighty fine thread!
The BOAC Stratocruiser UFO Incident is a pretty darn fascinating one.

Theres another video below which features Captain Howard describing the object(s) and some sketches from his log book:

Sketches:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db2f9c07d1ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79751453bcd1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2f1d111f09a.jpg[/atsimg]

Theres also this extra piece of eye-witness testimony from a passsenger who was also on board the aircraft:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4037d99fa40e.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
multiple sightings, yet no good video or photo evidence.

However this bring the flying darts theory about the little microscopic tubes that fly around so fast no one can normally see the,. Maybe this was a really really big on

Also do the areas where these objects where first spotted have large amounts of ET/alien sightings reported within them.

THIS could be a GFL base camp

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cloak
multiple sightings, yet no good video or photo evidence.

Considering it was the 1950s I don't think many pilots were carrying video cameras or picture phones - at least Captain Howard had the presence of mind to draw the object in his log book though.

There is some interesting reading at this link regarding photographic evidence -it also goes into quite some detail about Radar confirmation and Electromagentic effects:
www.nicap.org...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join