It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Minutes to save the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

Umm, prove? Can I prove that I love my son? Or that I am proud of him? Maybe I just tell him i am proud of him and the fact that I brag about him is just a cover for the fact that I can't stand having kids and want people to think I am a good dad...

On one hand, "You will know [a man] by his fruits". On the other, "The only one who truly knows the heart of a man is spirit in that man". In other words, we never 100% know that what a man says, by his words or his actions, is really what he feels.

That said, I would offer to give them a few minutes to get the heck off our planet. I suppose my willingness to die at their hands (tentacles?) to protect my fellow humans might give them a clue!

But pride? i am proud of persons, but humanity is a bit embarrassing and even shameful. I love my planet, and my species, but pride is hard to quantify. Sorry

S&F for you . Good thread!

edit sp

[edit on 19-7-2009 by obilesk]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
my OP asked:

"Can we have some 'good news' to have posters comment on perhaps 3-5 examples of altruism in their given location (or other locales that they find) about a group or an idividual.

If you were trying to entice an outer-dimensional benevolent being that arrived into believing we are worthy of saving (country/community etc) then...

What 5 CURRENT examples of HUMAN alturism worldwide could you find to give to them to prove WE (as a species or you as an idividual) are worthy?

Hopefully (the general idea) people to read each previously posted before posting their own version to avoid repeat articles or videos.

Can you prove you are proud of others' behavior of your species???

Are there any good people out there anymore? "

It didn't ask 'Can we all play K's guessing game about her plant poetry that is about something else?"

If you have answers which include some articles of interest as I suggest then post them, if not, then I don't want to guess your supposed meaning.

but if it makes you personally feel any better then...here: Evidence Of Altruism In Plants
www.scienceagogo.com...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by suzque66]

It has nothing to do with plants though....

The seed is planted in humans, they grow it within their mind and evolve...

Evolution of man - To unimaginable abilities and unconditional love.

Theres no guessing game, you need to sometimes just see a big picture for what it is...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I thought it would be a lot easier for people to find local stories
about people that do extraordinary things.

I found it diffucult myself to find some but gonna keep looking.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
These ones looks cool:

The Pay it Forward Project: www.payitforwardproject.org...

www.experienceproject.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Personal Triumph........

- Man becomes paralyzed in trampoline accident and goes on to change hundreds of close friends lives.

- Woman fights for her life and survives terminal disease. She goes to live a beautiful life, get married and have children.

- Little boy finds a father he never believed he would get to know.

- Young man changes his life to become a father of two. The children are not his, but the love he shares with them and their mother are.

- Baby girl grows up to become a vibrant loving ten year old after being told she would not live to see her 2nd birthday.

- Lifetime criminal becomes role model. After years of robbing people and selling drugs, a man opens up a homeless shelter with other former convicts and help feed and house thousands.

Mankind is inspiring.

Love live the people who make this world more amazing everyday.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

Good Post The Brave!!

I'd say any aliens would be impressed by that...I know I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join