It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All About the Solar Eclipse July 22nd – The Science / Track / Effects / Myths / Current Conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

It means you're 17.
Happy belated birthday!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks!

Have you seen Thunderbolts of the Gods? It disproves a lot of the gravity dogma outright. It's on google videos. You should check it out when you've got some time. It's made by people with degrees. It's not something some stoner made at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

Can you provide the limk? Is it made by those guys that are all about electric universe? I lost track of them a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Really great, informative post!

I live in Shanghai and from what I've read the eclipse here starts at 8:22am tomorrow morning and finishes at 11:01am with totality occurring at around 9:40am and lasting for 5 minutes. I'm going to the River Bund to see it and really excited because I've never seen a total eclipse before.

I don't have a video camera, just a camera. The longest lens I've got is only 200mm, but I've got a good ND filter and a tripod, so I hope to get some good pics. The weather's not looking too good though, so it could end up being a huge anti-climax! Shame the eclipse didn't happen today as it's been clear blue skies all day.

Do you think the eclipse will have an effect on the river? Will I see it rise?

I read somewhere that tour groups in China are going somewhere, I can't remember where, because something is going to happen to the river there. A tidal surge or something would be amazing to see!

Mark

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage: I just wanted to let you I really do appreciate your input into these types of threads. Calm, factual, collected.

As for the OP - I appreciate that you pull together information regarding astronimcal events, Good job on that, but it isn't all going to cause the EOTWAWKI, no matter how much you play it up with facts and semi-facts. A star and flag awarded for the effort, but I have to take it back for the lightly disguised fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Amy

Lucky you!!

Wow - would love to be around there.

I saw many sites about tours for the eclipse - there are quite a few sites offering them.

I hope an ATS member in that area, has a good video camera and can take an upclose video of the eclipse for ATS! That would be awesome.

But PLEASE do a thread after the eclipse with pictures - I would LOVE to see them!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What is even more interesting is that 8 of the 12 recorded worldwide market crashes ocurred in the same year and within a few months of a solar eclipse that is followed within six weeks of a lunar eclipse. Guess what? There is a lunar eclipse on August 6th as well. And what is even scarier is that the same thing happened in July of 2001 (can anyone say September 11th?). Also, this particular solar eclipse will be the closest one that we will have this entire century. That means that we will experience the highest possible tides of the century during this eclispse, and the techtonic plates will be shifting somewhat (possible earthquake.) Also, given the position of this particular eclipse (over heavily populated areas in China and pacific Islands) this could be the most widely viewed solar eclipse in history.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hey

Just started this thread of LIVE STREAMING Solar Eclipse sites that are FREE to everyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
will this eclipse make me hornier than ever?
I've heard that this happens on occasion.
every second eclipse can bring a lot of horniness.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

OH – I know what you are thinking now….. there she goes again – with Earthquakes.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by questioningall]

I am not sure why anyone puts any stock in questioningall's posts anymore. Is it just entertainment value??

So many stars....

Sure, questioningall's posts are well presented and offer loads of information for the curious but almost every doomsday thread is about earthquakes that do not happen.. I'd bet less than half of the people who starred questioningall's thread read the entire posting.

I believe questioningall will just keep posting well organized nonsense with pretty pictures and graphs until we DO get an earthquake of some significance and we'll all be able to point to her and say "wow, she was so right".

To me, it seems like Questioningall has Doomsday/Earthquake OCD, and that's fine, this isn't a knock on her personally, we all have our issues. But the fear these posts continually put forth are almost criminal.

There are no counter voices...

I know I beat a dead horse with this one, as Questioningall has a large dedicated following, so do as you wish, but if you are NEW to Questioningall or any other doomsday poster, all I ask is that you just look at the posting histories and take into account all the previous warnings and false predictions. It'll keep you away from work and busy for hours.

(Hey ~ I guess that's something...)

There is too much fear on this forum and no one calls it out, and worse, there is no accountability. Just rinse, lather, and repeat.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

There are always lunar eclipses near the time of a solar eclipse. They go hand in hand.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Okey dokey - uummmmm....

a thread about the solar eclipse - the track of it - the ancient myths of it - the science of it.......................... is a doomsday thread?

I think I am missing something somewhere.

But as always gormly - I would expect nothing else from you, but the type of posting you did in a thread I created.

As I always say: your opinion - is your own - and they are valid to you. My opinions are mine own - so ....... your opinion does not phase nor bother me in the least!! They never will - I don't mind you posting what you do - because 99.9% of the other members see what the thread is - information about a certain subject - and most enjoy learning more about that subject.

Have an AWESOME DAY!! I am!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is true... one always follows the other, but history has shown that market crashes also follow them:

"A study was completed by Steven Puetz (pronounced Pitts) showing that 8 of the 12 greatest stock market crashes in history from the Holland Tulip Mania in 1637 to the Tokyo crash in 1990 fell within a time frame of six days before to three days after a full moon (usually also a lunar eclipse) that occurred within six weeks of a solar eclipse. The odds of this happening by chance are estimated to be less than one chance in 127,000."

It is my understanding that this lunar eclipse time period usually marks the onset of the crash wave, which usually takes a week or two to fully unfold, and the worst day of the crash does not usually fall on these few days around the full moon. In fact, Chris Carolan, has shown that it is more likely to occur approximately 55 hours prior to the following new moon. Yesterday, we had a full moon which was also a lunar eclipse and occurred two weeks after a solar eclipse. We had the same setup in 1987 where the market started tanking right on the 10/6 lunar eclipse following the solar eclipse but did not all-out crash until 13 days later, just before the new moon."

There are usually four to six lunar/solar eclipses in a year, but they obviously don't always follow each other, such as one lunar eclipse that happens in Jan. doesn't correlate with a solar eclipse that happens in August of the same year.

Now, not every eclipse is followed by a crash, often other major events happen, such as last year when Georgia was invaded by Russia and the Summer Olympics in Beijing were going on, but most crashes do fall within this timeframe. Basically, it will follow a solar/lunar eclipse tandem, and not a lunar eclipse that doesn't follow a solar eclipse within six weeks of each other.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by HothSnake]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
wooooooo hooooooooooooo

i found live streaming of downtown shanghei

for tomorrow ....

freetubetv.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
But PLEASE do a thread after the eclipse with pictures - I would LOVE to see them!

I just got up and I have no idea where the sun is because it's cloudy as hell

The weather forecast isn't looking good either....visibility poor!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Mark_Amy]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well that was a huge anti-climax. Before the eclipse it was dark, cloudy and raining. During the eclipse it got darker, but was still cloudy and raining. Now it's coming up to 11am and it's beginning to brighten up! Sod's law!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The earliest recorded eclipse was in China on (October 22, 2134). Then two court astrologers lost their heads because, since they had failed to predict it, the emperor had been caught unprepared to make the necessary dragon-scaring noise. Almost a millennium later, in the fourteenth century B.C., an eclipse was described by a Chinese seer as three flames eating the sun.

Is this a misprint

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

yes, if you see my paragraph before that part starts - you will see - I put in that someone FORGOT to put 'BC' in the article!! I state that - before I inserted the external text.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I want to commend you on your work Kudos to you. Your threads are always comprehensive and interesting. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join