It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All About the Solar Eclipse July 22nd – The Science / Track / Effects / Myths / Current Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tasim

Actually it starts in our time zones - tomorrow night on the 21st - basically it will be 12 hours before EST - so that makes it 13 hours your time.

That is of course depending on what spot it is at - as it is going across - times change over there.

That is why you can see, they use UTC time - people then convert to their own time.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tasim

According to the link i give above, it is an excellent time to stay clean, and be as pure as possible during this time.

Prayer and meditation will be amplified if practiced during this event.

White candles and all things that reflect our inner light is also cleansing.

It is a trip that this happens at the beginning of when SS24 has decided to perk up.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Not sure if this article has been posted here yet, but it's one of the only related articles I could find:

Disaster fears as 'monster' eclipse looms

Unfortunately the article doesn't delve much into the science of the catastrophic possibility.

That was a great read! I suggest if anyone missed it to catch it now. Why are the msm hyping this event up so much? Are they leading people into the religious aspects of the old traditions based in fear about these events or do they truly know something potential could happen because of this eclipse?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
MUMBAI (AFP) – Indian astrologers are predicting violence and turmoil across the world as a result of this week's total solar eclipse, which the superstitious and religious view as a sign of potential doom.

It's things like this that sadden me and make me realise society will always forever remain the #hole it's always been, these astrologers which are as far removed from science as Hitler was to humanity always predict doom & gloom for these kind of events and you know what ? They never get it right, yet still countless gullible people who seem to enjoy irrational fear will continue to believe what they say is true despite seeing with their eyes that nothing happens, how many times does it take for these people to open their eyes and see that what they believe is nonsense ?

And yes I'm bitter and twisted towards them as I'm fed up of waiting for them to finally guess correct and finally have our impending doom and destruction appear to consume us all

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it should be noted that most eclipse events put a great strain on the earth. When the moon blocks out sunlight, the gravatational effect of the moon is expanded greatly, because it is adding the dynamic of the gravity of the sun. this is one of the main causes of the tsunami in 2004 I belive, and Most places experience earthquakes and volcanic activity as the earth bulges from the weight on the Moons gravity during eclipses and some epogees. In South America, after an ecplise, it is common for people to stand around and wait for the earthquakes...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

The 2004 earthquake which created the tsunami was on December 26th. The total eclipse of 2004 occurred two months before that. The eclipse was not experienced at the location of the earthquake.

There is no more strain put on the Earth during a total eclipse than there is every full moon and every new moon.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by antar
MUMBAI (AFP) – Indian astrologers are predicting violence and turmoil across the world as a result of this week's total solar eclipse, which the superstitious and religious view as a sign of potential doom.

They never get it right, yet still countless gullible people who seem to enjoy irrational fear will continue to believe what they say is true despite seeing with their eyes that nothing happens, how many times does it take for these people to open their eyes and see that what they believe is nonsense ?

Right, just 'more' people now to be irrational. Or are they? The point i was attempting to make in the links above is how they are now choosing to use the media as a way of either pushing the doom and gloom agenda or they know that something has been analysis even if by oral tradition to equate trouble when we have these types of sunspots. Either way communication has never been more simple to acquire but never so difficult to sift through for the tidbits of truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello Questioning!!

Would you care to enlightening us about Super Moon stuff?

Thank's, great thread!!

Peace,
Happy

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Happyface]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyface

A super moon - is when the moon is the closest to the Earth - it will be a new moon tomorrow night also (eclipse - tomorrow night for us)

A super moon has more pull on the Earth's tides/water/magma etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Very slightly more. Hardly noticeable.

The difference between the "perigean spring tides" and the normal tidal ranges for all areas of the coast is small. In most cases the difference is only a couple of inches. The largest difference occurs in certain areas of the Alaska coast where the range of the tide was increased by approximately 6 inches. But considering that these areas have an average tidal range of more than 30 feet, the increase is but a small percentage of the whole (less than a 2% increase).

tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Any excuse, superstitious or otherwise will do...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Very slightly more. Hardly noticeable.

I think it's biological effects are more noticeable.. particularly the ones on record shown to cause higher rates of psychological irritability in humans.
Ask any hospital worker when they see the most violent crime injuries or a police officer when they see the most violent crimes.

nights of full moons.

this is an observable fact.

now we know there won't be a full moon during this.
but it IS a NEW moon. (this is obvious, as all light reflected off the moon comes from the sun , which will be behind it as all solar eclipses show new moons)

now combine this with a a solar ejection forcasted to reach the moon and earth at the precise time the earth, sun, and moon are perfectly aligned.

these subtle effects on the physiology of the brain of the entire population is 'enough' to speculate that something may occur that is related to our behavior.

this is subtlety in action.

so granted.. this would be a time (new moon) when we'd expect the LEAST amount of violent behavior..
as opposed to a full moon when we'd expect the MOST..
could something incredibly positive happen?
I hope so.

i mean the solar ejection left the sun on the night of a lunar eclipse.. 7/7 and arrives on the night (US NIGHT) of a total solar eclipse?

very interesting.

we're more tied to the sun and moon than we give credit for.

-

[edit on 20-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

The forecasted increase in geomagnetic activity is a result of coronal holes which appeared on July 16, not anything that happened on the 7th. The activity (slight) will peak on the 21st and be waning by the 22nd when the eclipse will occur.
spaceweather.com...

There is no statistical correlation between lunar phases and human behavior.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
great thread. it will be interesting to see if anything happens as a result of this eclipse.

SnF

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
To weedwhacker: I just do not understand how the ancients, on one hand were terrified of eclipses due lack of understanding, while on the other hand, they (or someone) built megalithic stone monuments that perfectly align with solstices, equinoxes, rising star, etc.

To Phage: I doubt there is statiscal evidence of human reactions during full and new moons, but I think the lack of stats may be because no one has figured out how to measure crabbiness, over-sensitivity, and general wierdness. If you've ever worked with the public for any length of time, you'll notice a correlation. A side note: People also get rather nasty after about two or three days of wind, I read somewhere it had to do with negative or positive ions thrashing about but i can never remember which ions it is.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

The statistics I'm referring to are police and hospital records. It is claimed that during a full moon there are more crimes committed and more accidents occur. Studies do not bear this out.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was thinking more like customer meltdowns when they want to return a pair of jeans for cash without a receipt. Definitely more crabby on full and new moons than other wise.
I'm kinda small minded like that.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Phage it seems to me like a 2% increase or a gain in 6" is pretty significant. Oddly enough I get e-mails like that all the time though.....

I wonder how much of a increase if measured in lbs would the pull be on the earth versus at normal. Also I though gravity was actually a push and not a pull effect?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I was born in Los Angeles during the 1992 solar eclipse on June 30th, sometime around 1:44 or 1:45. What goes that mean for me?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Syrus Magistus]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Gravity is the bending of space and time by mass. The effect is one of attraction.

I live near the water. Can we talk about my experience? Right now the high tides are quite high. Last month on the new moon, the highest tide was the same level it is now and the moon was about 550km further away than it is now. It was not quite as high last year in June 3rd when the moon was actually 214km closer than it will be today. But guess what? The following month, on July 2, the tide was higher, just as high as it is now, when moon was 2,262 kilometers further away from the Earth. Both last year and this year, the highest tides were exactly the same level. They actually reach these levels several times each year. When the moon is closer to Earth the tidal effects are stronger but the same effects happen over and over and over. It is a regular occurrence.

There is nothing different about this "Super Moon" than any other. Depending on the location, the tides may be at their upper limits or not. I've shown that the tides at a location directly in the path of the eclipse will not be extraordinary. In spite of the eclipse and the super moon, that atoll will have higher tides in October that it will on the day of the eclipse.

[edit on 7/21/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join