It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All About the Solar Eclipse July 22nd – The Science / Track / Effects / Myths / Current Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Great job with this. Not much to say with all that info provided. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

That is why many believe the moon is artificial.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Great thread. Well put together. Star & Flag for you.

Curious, when I sit on my deck to watch the sun go down and a cloud passes overhead, it is always accompanied by a small breeze.

Thinking of that on a Solar Eclipse level, are we to assume that the eclipse brings a strong wide path breeze along with it?
i experienced a total eclipse in Melbourne, Australia, out in the bush years ago.what i noticed was a quite hush came over the place,even the birds stopped chirping,it was so quite, eerie and still,didn't notice any breeze or the like,when it started to get lighter all the birds started singing again.i think they thought the sun was coming up like in the morning.and everything was noisy again.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

well that i understand...

i guess instead of "shadow", i should have said "silhouette", which is what i meant...

...but consider how far the moon and the sun are apart from each other, and what i'm trying to say is, is what are the odds that the moon and its size are just the right size to block out the sun - not too close to completely cover it, and not too far to just be a smaller black circular silhouette cruising through the sunlight...

it's like putting your hand in front of your face to just barely cover the sun, and if it's too close to you it blocks more than the sun, and if it's too far from you it doesn't cover the sunlight enough...

...it's like, the perfect distance away from us and the sun to practically make a match for size in relative comparison

...make sense?

reply to post by epete22

that's what i'm getting at...

i question that subject more and more...

also, i didn't even bring up the whole other can of worms where we only see one side of the moon, as it practically matches our planet's rotation.......

[edit on 19-7-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm sort of bummed I wont be able to see it.

Anyway, S+F and kudos on the thread. Lots of information, very thorough. I wish I could give you more than one S+F for this

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder why the moon covers the sun so exactly during an eclipse? Is this by chance or is there a good reason for it? Eclipses always me think of Pink Floyd

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

When talking about tides it is important to note that they are not produced so much by the force of gravity but by the gravity gradient. What produces tidal effects is the fact that the force of the moon's gravity on one side of the Earth is greater than the force of its gravity on the opposite side of the earth. This is why high tides occur on opposite sides of the Earth at the same time. The water on the moon side is being pulled more strongly than the earth is being pulled. At the same time, the earth is being pulled more strongly than the water on the side away from the moon. Because the moon is much closer to Earth than the sun and gravity obeys the inverse square law, its gravity gradient is much greater than that of the sun. The information in the OP about tides and the effects of an eclipse are nonsense, talking about the moon shielding the sun's gravity and a bunch of equally silly stuff. There is no such thing as the shielding of gravity.

While the sun does affect tides the moon, being much closer, affects the tides a great deal more. But the effects of the sun on the tides can be seen every full and new moon. Because the tidal forces of the sun and moon are aligned at this time the slight effects produced by the sun are added to those of the moon. But the eclipse adds nothing to the effect.

Here is the path of the eclipse over the Marshall Islands.

Here is the tide prediction for Jaluit Atoll.
Jaluit
Jaluit's time zone is UTC+12 so the local time of the eclipse will be at 3:48PM. At the time of the eclipse the tide level will be 3.4 feet. At high tide, which occurs two hours later, the level will be 4 feet. A quick glance shows that there is nothing extreme about this level.

Now let's look at another new moon at Jaluit. In three months, the new moon occurs on October 18th. On that day the high tide will be 4.8 feet. Much higher than the day of the eclipse. The eclipse has no effect.

Some may claim that the tide predictions are wrong. They are not. It is very important to mariners that they are correct. Their accuracy has been validated over many many years, eclipses or no.

Be assured that solar eclipses have no effect on the tides.

[edit on 7/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
And all of sudden I start to hear the Heroes tune in my head. If anyone develops any super power be sure to let us know

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Awesome thread with some great info!! Very interesting facts on the effects of solar eclipses on earth. Whats more intriguing is the heightened UFO activity reported during eclipses....The July 11, 1991 event in Mexico City stands out the most. I'm sure there will be an abundance of footage soon!! We'll see!!! Regardless...UFOs or not, it will be an awesome site to witness!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The information you mentioned - is from a university - it is very detailed - you should look at the link - you will find many physic equations there.

I also provided one link to various information - but I found the SAME information over and over again. But I put in the OP the most "authoritative" link.

Question - have you ever agreed with any Experts with links provided in the OP on their conclusions on a certain subject?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

lol i did that tooo!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
And all of sudden I start to hear the Heroes tune in my head. If anyone develops any super power be sure to let us know

so they can get Promicin inhibitor shots STAT!

oh wait that's the 4400.

-

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
For what it's worth, according to the Timewave Zero program, this segment of time we've just entered matches the French 'Reign of Terror.'

The original 'reign of terror' began on Sept. 5 1793, however it didn't really kick in overdrive until the months of June-July 1794. July 22-23, 2009 mark the culmination and end of that tumultuous time.

1793-1794[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/976d5467c578.jpg[/atsimg]

July 19-23, 2009[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28be99489772.jpg[/atsimg]

It's anyone's guess how this will play out. As I've said before, the timewave marks change or lack thereof, and provides dates for 'event windows.' The only specifics it seems to provide is via the resonances of previous events, or themes. The themes over the next few days (through Thursday) could be that of 'terror,' 'losing one's head,' or the ongoing one of 'revolution.'

If anything does happen with this solar eclipse, it will be interesting to see how (if at all) it relates to that historical timeframe.

[edit on 19/7/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Seems like the other side of the world gets all the eclipses! Why is that? I have only seen one in the US when I was a kid...Other posters talked about that one as well. Grrr. I want to see it! Not fair! **pouting**

Anyway.... S & F

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I don't automatically accept or reject anything from anybody (without good reason) but I admit that on first glance I misinterpreted what the paper is about. I should have paid more attention and gone to the source. Please accept my apology. My excuse is I was hungry and in a hurry.

Flandern and Yang are actually backing up what I said, that gravitational shielding is bunk. The fact that eclipses cause short term meteorological effects is well known. But they are not caused by a change in gravity. The paper says the opposite, it is the movement of the air mass that causes extremely minor changes (a few parts per billion) in the Earth's gravitational force. It also says that the larger effects seen by other experimenters were due to poorly designed experiments.

So experiments that were shielded only from temperature changes but not pressure changes may have experienced an extra and unexpected driving force from local air movement perhaps responsible for these changes, whereas other experiments with better controls would not have experienced them. This is also consistent with the pendulum effect showing up most often in the early experiments, but having no unambiguous detections within the past 30 years when consciousness of the importance of controls was more widespread.

www.eclipse2006.boun.edu.tr...

And eclipses do not affect tides, in the Earth or on the sea.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Great Job OP,bummer I wont see it in Australia but ill be looking skyward all the same.S & F for you for all the work you put in this thread.It will be traveling over some recent hot spots on the ring of fire so well see what happens.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
great thread, very interesting OP

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Gravity acts as a wave\particle\field and acts very similar to light however light can easily be blocked off by physical matter no matter the density... gravity does not....when a solar eclipse does happen the areas where the light is being blocked will have a much more powerfull gravitational pull from the sun and moon as they are both perfectly aligned........... this explains the allais effect... many scientist are puzzled as the effect should be the opposite as they believe the moon should shield some of the suns gravitational pull.... This is extremely false as gravity waves are dispersed throuout space\time and is only directly affected by other gravitational fields...especially with a small object with very little gravitational distortion in comparison to the suns gravitational field....... so the gravity waves from the sun easily penetrate the moon.(unlike the light) and hit the earth with the same gravitational pull as usual... Then you have a perfect alignment with the moon and you will really have an increase in gravitational pull creating the gravitational anomalies.... The allais effect is well documented and is REAL SCIENCE...the only thing is scientist using conventional thinking cannot understand this effect as it should be doing the opposite(thinking the moon will shield the suns gravitational effect like light) unless the object is very dense and has a very strong gravitational field, gravity from other objects will easily flow right thru it. best way to describe this will be if you take a bowling ball and throw it in a lake... you will have a very nice set of waves going out.... and if at the same time you throw a little marble........ the waves from the bowling ball will easilly overtake the marbles wave and continue to shore almost as if the marble was never there...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
"A VERY accurate Foucault type pendulum slightly increases its period of oscillation and or changes its plane of swing by up to 13.5 degrees at sites experecing a partial eclipse.......
Excerpt from : Allais gravity and pendulum affects during solar eclipses explained.

keep in mind a very accurate foucault type pendulum is usually done in a vacuum.. atmospheric pressure changes will have no affect on these instruments.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am currently near Chengdu so I should be able to take a video of the eclipse. Unfortunately I only have access to a crappy digital camera, I'll see what I can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join