It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 Cold Summers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Sorry my friend,beg to differ, we are having the usual very hot summer here. 106 on Saturday. Not exactly a cool summer here. However keep in mind that these temps are totally normal for this part of the blue marble.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This has been the most unusual July. I live in the central part of Illinois and usually this time of year we have the AC cranked to the max. Not so this year. Last night the temperature dipped down to 51 degrees. The high yesterday was 74. According the the local news station we are more than 10 degrees below normal. Over the weekend I actually had to shut my windows and people were wearing coats in the morning. This has been going on since the mid part of June. We have only hit the 90 degree mark maybe 4 days this year so far. This has most definitely been the talk of the town! Farmers in the tiny town where I live say they don't remember a July like this and they have lived here their whole lives.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthFairie

Ya, I live in Chicago, so I'm not to far off. Its been a pretty cold summer so far. Atleast today we got some sun. More clouds/storms are rolling in though.

johnnyflip, Mind telling us what area you live in? Unless you do mind, understandable.

[edit on 953America/Chicagof2009Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:52:25 -0500America/Chicago 3104America/Chicago by Trams]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here in Atlanta, we've had a couple of cooler days during the past week. Other than that, it's been HOT since May without a break.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Interesting link, I will have to poke around a bit. I need to find the methodology of how they got temps worldwide and ocean wide in the 60's. I think part of the reason for more record temps is more accurate recording of temps worldwide.

I will have to look deeper.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, i can tell you this. Its hotter here in central texas than it has been in several years. By no means the hottest i've ever experienced but I dont' recall many 100+ degree days in july last year. This year has been HOT.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In Southern Mexico we've had the warmest summer we've had in 46 years. It's starting to cool off now, but a few weeks ago we could have used some of your cool temps.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, I can pretty much sum it up now. The northern hemisphere is getting cooler, while countries/states closer to the eqautor are getting warmer summers. Thanks for all your help guys, try to talk about it with people you see every day. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This thread is a great example of global climate change. I don't think one person said "the weather has been normal". Some places will get hot, others cold, some wet, some dry. People need to get the term global warming out of their heads. The world not going to start just heating up every where. Man made effects are changing weather patterns, not warming the globe. The number one cause of these changes is deforestation.

Everybody knows plants and trees suck up CO2, but they also reflect more heat then bare soil. This creates a snowball effect. Greenhouse are not begin taking care of natural so there is some warming, and more heat causes more H20 vapor. Which lead to stronger thermal currents. These currents then influence convection patterns and wind currents. Which changes the jet stream.

Save the world plant a tree.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yep, very cold. Last night in Wyoming we had 44 Degree F... this never happens on summers, not like this.

Tonight the night temps right now is 67 and going down. The max has been around 80 degrees in the afternoon.

This shows that whatever is happening has NOTHING to do with atmospheric CO2.

The Global Warmers, including their scientists claim that CO2 is a "well-mixed gas" despite evidence that there are areas that have more atmospheric CO2 than others, not to mention that the areas which have been warming the most, such as parts of the poles, have the least amount of atmospheric CO2, which again points to the fact that atmospheric CO2 IS NOT the cause of the ongoing Climate Change.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The temp outside is 57 degrees. It is not as cold as last night, and some toher nigths, but still colder than it normally is at this time of year.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I was sitting at the bus stop today thinking the exact same thing. I live in Toronto, Canada and so far we've had 20º-23º weather for the past couple of weeks when we should be reaching 25º-28º. It's been unusually overcast and windy since the spring/summer began. Not pleasent at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, last winter in Ohio/Kentucky area was just horrible...

Summer is colder as well...

While it may not affect the whole word, this area of the U.S seems to be having lower temperatures year round.

"But things change, and thats just the way it is."

I am for one happy things are not always the same... repetitiveness makes me bored! Not to mention I was never truly a fan of the HOT summer days...only fun when you go swimming, and that doesn't last 24/7!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
K so I agree completely with orionthehunter with global cooling going for that seems to be the only thing that we feel the effects for in both winter and summer but can't really go into it agian because I would probably get attacked by people who think that it's global warming

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
We've been in the 70's for almost a week now and there's some records set for this time of the year. Generally it's a furnace here this time of year. Makes me wonder....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
what's weird here in the Pacific Northwest is we go from the hottest week in history to it feeling like February again. WTF?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join