It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive increase of UFO sightings around the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeswilldeceive
Well I hope if there are Alien beings visiting us then the USA or whoever country hurries up and develops a weapon which after firing a warning shot will completely blow them out of the sky before they have a chance to contaminate the earth with god knows what they might be carrying on board.

Well lets hope star travelling aliens from outer space aren't as hostile as you human because the annihilation of our planetary species would certainly be assured!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Have you seen the "flying egg"? I saw it a couple of years ago, I guess it could have been the massive air ship, Moby Air. Don't know, looked like a huge egg in the sky. Location, American southwest.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well hopefully they show themselves in a big way soon.
it would make my year.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Interesting video below.....

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i believed in UFO's my whole life and never seen one yet. My Fiance and I live in the country so on a clear nite we should really lay out and look up. There's no city lights here its actually beautiful looking up at the stars, every nite when i get home from work i glance up for a moment, i think the key here is i need to be out and looking for a while. Maybe later we will its warm so hopefully it will be clear out.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its funny because i never truly believed in Aliens/UFO's until the beginning of the year. I saw a UFO in phoenix in March during the day and then I ended up seeing the "same" craft twice at the end of last month...absolutey crazy!!! Now, I can't keep my eyes off the sky, which kinda sucks when im driving:\ But I guess the webbots were right! Hopefully its one of the only things they were right about...too much doom and gloom.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
I'm certain I have seen D4rk Knight on here recently, so I would suggest that he didn't bug out, but you just never know.

It is rather interesting that sightings continue to increase. However, it seems somewhat logical that sightings will increase as time moves on, as more and more people are carrying mobile recording devices.

Although, that said, we seem to be living in an age where more and more people are sitting in front of screens, it is a wonder that we ever spot anything in the sky at all!

Well his account is banned last time I checked, but there have been people posting in a similar manner who are 'new', which makes me think he never followed through with his plan.

I never put much faith in his posts personally...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aron1138
I'm not usually one to jump to conclusions or get on the "times are a' changin'" train but it would appear for the last few years the media is slowly mentioning more and more about UFOS.

I myself saw my first UFO this year. Driving in a thunderstorm during the wee hours I looked out the window to see a small white light the size of a star ascending into the sky (at an angle quite impossible for any aircraft I'm familiar with). I watched it for a good 10 minutes until after a lightning strike it dropped like a lead weight, and yet the light never flickered. Soon after I lost sight of it in a storm cloud.

Just to add to the topic, I too saw something the other day that caught my attention. I was on a train heading toward Perth and out the window I noticed what I at first assumed as a distant plane, a bright glowing spot in the sky. It was moving very slow and disappeared behind a cloud... The train passed by a buinding and I lost sight for about 1/4 of a second and when I looked for it again, it was a great distance beyond the cloud, much further than it could have gone at the speed it was going. I also then saw a jet fly past and knowing where the Perth airport is, it struck me as unusual where this distant object was, and that it was unlikely a distant plane - then it faded out, reappeared and faded out once more and never returned.
\
All in all, it would not be much to comment on, because no evidence of it and it posibly being anything, leads to nothing new, but for me, it was not a plane, both Perth and Jandakot airports are nowhere near this.

it was odd to say the least.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
iv been seeing alot of UFOs in southern California lately.. about three or so a month for the past few months now... iv even been able to point them out to people including my wife. they appear to be almond shaped, metallic objects. i haven't seen them move or fly or anything, just sit their still in the sky.
my last sighting, also witnessed by my wife, was of the same metallic object in the sky to the south of our house..we watched it do nothing for about a min. or so, then it vanished, only to reappear in the sky to the west of out house where it sat still for another minute or so before it vanished.. then it reappeared in the sky to our east! the whole event lasted less than 5 min...
idk if it was the same one object or three separate objects. their was also a jet airliner in the sky, which was nice because it allowed us to gain some perspective on the height of the object... my mission now is to catch these suckers on camera!! the problem is they vanish so fast, by the time i grab my camera their gone!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul
Don't you guys remember? The webbot said come summer UFO sighting will dramatically increase?

Maybe the webbot is not so silly afterall? I have been a believer in it for a while now.

He said there will be a 10000 fold increase in UFO sightings this summer

Abovetopsecret.com...

yep.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argokoo
reply to post by eyeswilldeceive

What are you talking about? If they were hostile, they would have attacked us a long time ago. They are peaceful beings, not here to harm or cause any more death.

The fact of the matter is that you are only assuming that they are peaceful, just like others are only assuming they are hostile. There is NO evidence to support either case. The only fact that we know of right now is that they haven't attacked us (in recorded history).

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Interesting. A massive increase in UFO sightings but NOT ONE has been seen on photos or video. I sit here and ask these people to give us a decent photograph or clear video of one.

Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
Interesting. A massive increase in UFO sightings but NOT ONE has been seen on photos or video. I sit here and ask these people to give us a decent photograph or clear video of one.

Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

Its not like people walk around with cameras on the ready, do you carry a camcorder everywhere you go just in case you see a UFO?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Pheonix, thats where most of the ufo sightings have been in 2009. maybe theres somehting happening in pheonix haha

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I remember Dark Knigh's bug out promise too, no follow up on that though -

someone should U2U him!

My bug out vehicle (FJ cruiser with thermal vision, etc) and bug out bags are
ready to go to our mountain shack, when paul revere rides again...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We live in exciting times if indeed we are getting closer to something revelatory.

I have a clear view from my top floor flat of all the incoming, outgoing air traffic from Gatwick Airport in the South East of England. I have often looked to the skies from my windows at night and just seen, well, aircraft with blinking lights at all altitudes!!! A few times also I have spotted police helicopters at night - but you know straight off from the noise they generate.

The other night however, this very bright light (much brighter than a star) just glided overhead - no noise, no blinking lights, just glowing like a noiseless star in flux, right over my flat. Not fast enough for a shooting star. It struck me as nothing I could easily identify which, ok, doesn't mean it was extra-terrestial but it really left me wondering.....

I will now keep a closer eye on the skies above definitely. I'd be interested to know if there are any other members of ATS who live in Kent, and have seen anything unusual in the skies lately?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

haha yo dude, did you click those links? because on there is a bunch of footage and photos from 2009, so pretty recent wouldnt you think?
and obviosuly there is photo and video evidence. even some of the people who have responded to this thread had given their own evidence.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

I haven't seen any thing like it. All of my sightings have been the usual suspects of lights behaving very curiously.

One cool one a few months back though looked like a scaled down version of the 97' Pheonix Lights event. Except that it was only half of the "wing" (three lights) and the thing appeared to fly diagonally.

First thought was a helicopter, but it wasn't. It was a sight for sure.

And I almost had my camcorder on that one. I wasn't quick enough though. (I've been honing my skills with the camcorder lately though)...

Anyhow, I'll have to check out the 'flying egg' you speak of.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

It has been my experience that you really do need patience. Seems if I can just sit long enough I'll see something occasionally.

Not today though. I sat out for over an hour. Gorgeous day. Didn't see a darned thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As global tensions over oil and the balance of power increase, getting the different air forces combat ready becomes important. Getting the practice in, alongside testing out the top secret fighters, I'm willing to wager, generates a lot of reported sightings across the world. Especially if the speeds these things can generate is true, a single flight can cover a huge distance, meaning lots of sightings.

Remember how many sightings there were during the Iraq war? For some reason we consider our conflicts to be somehow of interest to highly advanced civillizations, when all of the sightings can easily be explained as unmanned drones of different designs.

If it's not the air forces who are to blame, then we can look to human consciousness as an explanation. As was pointed out earlier in the thread, UFOs are getting coverage in movies/tv/videogames at an increasing rate. This will change the way people think about UFOs. More people will "believe" more people will look at the sky, and see plenty of stuff which they cannot explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join