It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRUNO - anyone seen it yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
hello peeps!

anyone here got the chance to see bruno yet? i watched it yesterda and have to say its an amazingly funny film.

if your going to watch it,Males, make sure your comfertable with your sexuality, or you will most likely not like it. (i know alot of people who the sight of a penis or gay joke on screen freaks them out and starts them ranting about the gayness of the film.)

i always liked the bruno character, never thought it woudl get a film but he did.

the film lampoons everything celeberity in the funniest way possible.

the film itself, is basicly the borat storyline, man comes to usa from abroad to become famous but fails, turns it around then wins
its very similar to borat film in places, but thats not a bad thing really.

i reccomend people watch it.!

on a conspiricy level, he really makes an ass of Ron Paul in the film, when i saw him on it i instantly started thinking "who's thought process was it to get ron paul on the movie to make him look stupid and homephobic" , as thats basicly what they did!

(im sure its not the first time he has interviewd ron paul in character though, i think he may have interviewed him as ali G years ago, if that is the case then more the fool paul!)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i only saw the commercial,it isnt even yet on the torrent sites as far as i know ):
but the commerical maked me laught very much,im looking very forward to this movie, im gonna enjoy the gay humor xee-xee
the thing that he says "i gived him a tradicional african name...O JEY
i dont even understand the real joke but damn it sounded so offensive and funy xaxaxaax

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ill send you a pm dude!

oj = oj simpson - en.wikipedia.org...

that whole talk show segment is quality!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I have noticed a lot of news people went out of their way to call this film offensive. I would think a satire involving a gay Austrian failed fashionista by the makers of the classic "Borat" would not be a G rated family film.

I think they need to get a sense of humor.

I hope to see this film when it comes out on video. (Ticket prices here are too expensive for me.)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I havent seen this but I will this week. My sister saw it and thought it was hilarious. She said her bf didnt like it cause of some of the scenes. I love Cohen themed characters. Borat was hilarious imo.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just got back from the theater.

I must admit "Bruno" did have some funny moments but mostly it was
over the top pandering to shock value. I like slapstick and conceptual humor but for me, somehow most of the humor was corny.

If I had of been drunk when I saw it, I might have liked it more.

Cohen did a good job with the script he was given but I felt as if the
screen writers were reaching to far and trying to hard for the laughs.

The supporting cast and background extras were great and believable.

The response shots to Bruno were priceless.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious
I saw it a couple of times in the cinema
I've always been a huge fan of Cohen, I have all his material on DVD except his skits from the 11 'o' clock show
He's a very clever guy
He actually exposes a lot of interesting traits in people while being extremely funny
This is comedy in it's most pure form
You're getting a real reaction from people who don't know how to handle his characters
I thought the part where he presented his show to those tv executives was hilarious
You could feel their tension was soo awkward for them
Brilliant

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I found it very funny. he seemed to push some boundary's to far though.

all in all funny.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
actually it had some funny moments,but i just dont like that type of alig/borat/ the artist sense of humor..its i dont know..corny,,but the ending in the cage was really funny
and the fitnes machine..omg xD

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Three words best describe this film.

Mexican Chair People. It is offensive, but will make you laugh anyway.

Cohen does it again in my book.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
axxaxaxaax mexican chair people axxaxaxaxaxxaxaxa xD

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I couldn't stand Borat.

It seems to me that Mr. Cohen needs a little more originality.

Bruno - on the surface at least - seems to be Borat with a new fancy DVD case.

It's like going and renting Black Sheep when you already own Tommy Boy.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It was OK, I wouldn't recommend it to others though. Bruno had some funny moments but mostly it was just gross and made me cringe. He tried too hard to gross people out, although by the end I was pretty much desensitized.

I thought Borat was 3/5
Bruno was maybe 2.5/5

top topics

join