I've got a [snip] neighbor. Since I've moved in he hasn't done anything but piss me off. I also believe they are doing something suspicious.
Firstly, I never gave a [snip] what my neighbors do. I mind my own business and everything is sweet. But since I've moved into my new house I can't
help but complain. I've been living here for about one year.
My neighbors are a family of four, two parents around forty years old and two kids. I believe it's because of my neighbors the previous tenants of
this house moved out.
- Neighbor called the police because my music was to loud. I was celebrating my 20th birthday with a couple friends and it was 4:30 pm. We were
indoors having a few drinks when the police turned up and warned us. The music wasn't loud enough to justify calling the police. Why couldn't my
neighbor just come over and ask me to turn it down? So we turned the music off and went outside to sit at the outdoor table.
- My friend looked over my neighbors fence and guess who come outside? My neighbor. He heard us talking outside and was standing behind the backdoor
fly screen door. He yells out
Neighbor - "ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?"
Friend - "Yeah."
Neighbor - "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
Friend - I'm looking over the fence."
Neighbor - "WANT ME TO CALL THE POLICE AGAIN?"
Friend - "WHAT FOR?"
My neighbor then goes back inside. We decided to GTFO of my house and party somewhere else.
- When we were leaving, my friend thought it would be funny to do a burnout in front of my neighbors house. We were all talking about how we can get
back at my neighbor for fun but my friend actually done it. It was only a small burnout, it only left two black lines one meter long. The next day,
the police turned up again. They wanted the name of my friend and his car registration to question his driving. He doesn't seem to mind the kid on
the motorbike that rides with no helmet up and down my street.
- My cat jumped over my neighbors fence, as cats do. My cat is registered, de-sexed and has a collar. I was looking for my cat because it was getting
dark and I don't leave my cat outside at night. I heard my cat meowing and guess where I found it? In my neighbors backyard in a small cage without
food or water next to his backdoor. So I called the police and asked them what I should do. They told me to ask the neighbors to give it back, if they
weren't home just jump the fence and get it. So I knocked on their door but nobody answered. So I jumped over the fence and got my cat. When I was
climbing back over my neighbor comes out with a [snip] bat and threatens me to get lost! Oh.. my.. god!
- After my neighbor finishes mowing his lawn, he gets a hose to hose down the footpath. The water leaks into my backyard with the grass and dirt and
messes up my footpath.
- My neighbor has no [snip] four sensor lights JUST ONE SIDE OF HIS HOUSE! My bedroom is facing this side and my neighbor sometimes leaves the lights
on all night. The lights are bright and it enters my room threw my curtains and it's hard to get to sleep. I complained to him about this and he
turned the lights off for a couple weeks and just recently put them back on.
- My neighbor owns a truck and he always starts it early in the morning around 5:00 am and leaves it running for 5-10 minutes. He doesn't drive it,
it just sits in his backyard. I don't know why he has it, he always uses his car.
- When my neighbor is outside and sees me driving, he shakes his head and always looks pissed off. My mum told me when she was giving my sister
driving lessons around the block, my neighbor eminently brought his kids inside and stood in the front yard until my sister finished her lessons. Then
he let his kids out again.
Why I think my neighbors are doing something suspicious.
- My neighbor has sensor lights all around his house. Like I said above, he has four lights just on one side of his house. They are really sensitive
and turn on when I open my backdoor, or if I drive by his house. The slightest sound triggers them.
- All his windows are covered by black curtains. You can barley see light passing threw them at night and the windows are never open.
- My neighbor looks around when he opens his garage door. The garage is full of shelves with boxes on them all stacked neatly with marking on them. I
don't know what's in them but because my neighbor looks around whenever the garage door is open is suspicious to me.
- My neighbors rarely let their kids outside. Their kids are about 8-10 years old and I have never seen them outside WITHOUT their parents. Whenever
they are outside my neighbors are close by. When the kids talk they are told to be quiet.
- My parents invited my other neighbors around for a BBQ. While we're siting around having a talk, the asshole neighbor decides to come outside to.
He continually walked up and down the fence having a look what we were doing. My other neighbor yelled out to him and said "IT'S GREAT BEING INVITED
OVER TO THE NEIGHBORS FOR A BBQ!" He didn't say anything and continued to stand outside doing nothing until we went back inside. Why did he come
outside when we did? Was it a coincidence? If so, why did he walk up and down doing absolutely nothing? Probably wanted to know what we we're talking
- My neighbor has a small green metal shed in his backyard with nothing in it from what I can see apart from a wooden bench. He occasionally goes in
there but I can't hear any noses like tools being used or things being moved around. He stays in there for a while then locks the door when he
- They never answer the door when I go around, I know they are home because I just saw them pull up in the driveway! I haven't seen other cars at
their house. You know when sometimes you see your neighbors have visitors around and there are cars parked on the street and lawn? Well I've never
seen any cars at my neighbors apart from theirs.
- My neighbor vacuums his car every weekend, Saturday or Sunday. He can't be a neat freak because the outside of his car is dirty but the inside is
spotless. WTF? It's a old Holden VR Calais in a baby [snip] brown color.
I feel like my neighbor is doing something illegal. They are probably growing weed or something. My family and my other neighbor have the same
suspicions about them. I try to mind my own business but I can't help wondering WTF is their problem and WTF are they doing?
Surely someone else has a story of their own neighbors.
Mod edit: Please don't circumvent the sensors. All ages here, especially on BTS.
[edit on 23-7-2009 by Dr Love]