It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier shown in Taliban video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

US soldier shown in Taliban video

news.bbc.co.uk

The soldier says he is scared he "won't be able to go home". The video appears as broadcast and edited from the internet source

The Taliban have released a 28-minute video showing a US soldier captured in Afghanistan last month.

In the video, the soldier, in grey clothes and with shaved head, says being a prisoner is "unnerving" and that he misses his family.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If this has been posted before I apologize. But the video of the soilder is very scary indeed

The soilder no doubt is under the pressure from his captors but he pleas for his safe release and talks about his family and girlfriend and how he misses them

The point in the video where he says "Bring them home" is one that is the most sad, because as a soilder of the US army, it shows that he is 'afraid' and just saying what Taliban wants him to say.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

There is another thread about this. This is so sad though, I cant watch or read about this stuff. So depressing. Being a marine myself makes this especially hard to watch...

heres the other thread. Not much people responded though which is quite sad. It really shows me peoples real priorities.,. These people will talk about how bad war is, but then when one of us are caught they show no respect. Some people seem to sympathize with these brutal scumbag extremists in the middle east...

One guy in that other thread even said something like "they appear to be treating him well". The guy who said that doesnt realize it just appears that way and they are making the soldier say these things. Its propaganda.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I always wanted to make one of those ribbon magnets for cars that said

''Support the Soldiers,Not The War''

They need to find him by what ever means..
What ever means..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If you notice in the video his mouth and the words do not match. Can anyone truly explain why this is? The words in the sound don't seem totaly different than what his mouth is saying.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If they are smart they will let him live if not then they will not live very long.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I saw a programme once (long forgotten in memory) where if soldiers or diplomatic personnel are taken hostage, they are trained in such situations to speak with long gaps and pauses between words and sentences if what they are saying is not true, and with neutral voices to detach themselves from their statements.

If this programme was correct, then the only time the hostage in the video was speaking truthfully was when he spoke of missing his family. He spoke more naturally.

The other times, and also if we go by this programme, when he spoke of wanting the American people to force the American government to bring US troops home, he was not speaking truthfully, he was speaking slowly and with a neutral monotone voice.

In other words, he was told to say it. I think when he said it, he was prompted first off-camera, although I would have to watch the video again to be sure.

Anyone know if the programme I watched had merit? I've forgotten it's name I'm afraid.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Regensturm]

new topics

top topics

join