It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Osama' Tape Surfaces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A new tape recording apparently featuring Osama bin Laden's voice has surfaced, Secretary of State Colin Powell said Tuesday. At a Senate budget hearing, Powell said he saw a transcript of the tape earlier in the morning. Powell alleged a connection between Iraq and the al Qaeda network in a presentation to the U.N. Security Council last week.

He said Tuesday that the tape demonstrates those ties, report CBS News Senior White House Correspondent John Roberts. "Once again he speaks to the people of Iraq. This nexus between terrorists and states can no longer be looked away from and ignored," Powell said, quoting "bin Laden or who we believe to be bin Laden."

The White House refused comment until after the tape airs.

Link www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like more word that this might be a real statement.
www.cnn.com...

This does not bode well for anyone if it is true.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just thinking... The U.S. raised the threat level to Orange with the idea that something might happen around the Hajj. Now this tape comes out. Could the release of this tape be the go ahead signal to those who have plots ready to go in the U.S. and abroad? I seem to recall hearing somewhere at some some point that bin Laden tapes where generally thought of as signals. Any thoughts?
Should we be afraid...very afraid?

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good point Observer
I wonder if the statment UBL makes in his tapes is less important than the fact a tape was put out. The message to those who are not in al-qaeda is one of muslim teachings but to those in the know it is just "I'm still here start your mission" ?

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well if it is a "signal",we are doomed now.They are airing it on cnn right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Okay what the heck is this bastard's name anyway? Every other time I see it said on TV, or in print, it alternates between Osama and Usama..Does no one even know his name?

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My fellow Muslims as you know I have been away for a little while but now I'm back again to give you the exact message that the USA wants me to give at the exact time.(Who would have thought that we had so much in common)I'm going to have it aired on Al Jazeera who amazingly are still broadcasting.It must be the influence Rupert Murdoch(the owner)has in all those western countries that I hate.

Before I start my Anti American diatribe can I just take this opportunity to say that there is no connection between Al Qaede and the Administration of that secular state the USA.I understand that some remember that there was a connection 12 years ago but since when has evidence that old been relevent? and the terrorist camps they helped us to set up?Well that was to help combat an agressive imperialistic superpower.

Now back to the buisness in hand.I want everyone to know that myself and Saddam are the best of friends.Infact it was only the other day that Saddam said to me"Hey Ozzy,Did you hear that a policeman in Miami thought he found a penis on the beach last week but infact it was a shuttlecock".He is such a card that Saddam."What is mine is yours"he said to me"Really?"I said"How about some Nukes?""Sorry"he said "but I can give you an address in North Korea where you can get some".Anyway,Enough already,I haven't got time to talk to you all day.

Until the next time when I'll tell you all about my close links with France and how Chirac and me shared the same mistress for 3 years.

Ossama

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Seriously though...the tapes aren't needed as signals...there are far more efficient and reliable ways to pass info without being noticed... However, depending on the tape, and references made, it might help to determine if he is still even alive... Periodic releases of old tapes might help convince Al Queda members he is, even if he isn't. So, I'll have to stay my judgement until I hear the (official) transcript, hehe...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
with this "new" taped message being released, our alert level at orange and George Tenet saying this is the most "credible" evidence they have received yet about a possible terrorist attack that might take place around the end of the hajj, it makes you wonder if they plan a Valentine's Day massacre type of attack?

February 10, 2003 - February 13, 2003
Hajj (Annual Pilgrimage to Mecca)
The Hajj, or annual pilgrimage to Mecca, consists of several ceremonies meant to symbolize the essential concepts of the Islamic faith, such as submission, brotherhood, and unity, and to commemorate the trials of the Prophet Abraham and his family. Required once in a Muslim�s lifetime, over two million Muslims perform the pilgrimage annually.

February 12, 2003
Eid ul-Adha (Festival of the Sacrifice)
Holiday occurring on the last day of the Hajj, lasting four days. It commemorates the Prophet Abraham�s willingness to sacrifice his son, who was replaced by a lamb.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
what if someone doctored that tape up with old tapes of ubl's voice? (someone=u.s.) reason- to instill fear in france and germany, to persuade them that they should help us out.. because now that ubl is involved, it could get way outta hand? and really ubl is dead and has been, but we never wanted to confirm it for reasons like this, where we could use him for scare tactics..do you get what i'm saying?

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Tony Blair: Yes! He said "Iraq," the final piece of the jigsaw. Now we nail Saddam

Advisor: But Prime Minister, you're taking his words completely out of context.

TB: Context, shmontext. Stick a couple of tanks outside an airport to put the willies up people, who's gonna know?

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Good parody J-B: only slightly less comical than the "official" statements.

Oh, and "shady" - if you're interested: the accepted transliteration of Arabic permits only three vowel-symbols: "a,i,u", with "w" and "y" in some combinations and situations but names are often transliterated as they sound and in "non-Arab language but Arabic alphabet" countries there is some discretion: e.g. Pakistan, Iran.
I can assure you that UbL ( Usama bin Ladin) will be perfectly aware of how his name is spellt as will millions of Muslims.
It's otherwise just a scholarly convention (like Quran v Koran; Muhammad v. Mohamed etc.). Out of force of habit I tend to use the scholarly convention exclusively; but it really doesn't matter any more than Steven or Stephen, Ann or Anne

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I really doubt about authenticity of this tape...

Maybe overs ALQAEDA members wants to make us think he is still alive...

OUSSAMA BENLADEN SUFFER OF DIABET,
This is why,
HE IS ALWAYS ACCOMPANIED BY "AYMAN WAHARI", 2nd HEAD OF ALQAEDA (HIS PERSONAL DOCTOR).

MANY PEOPLE THINK THAT HIS HEALTH WOULD NOT ALLOWED HIM TO SURVIVE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF THE CAUCASUS.

[Edited on 13-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nostradamus' quatrains were easier to decode...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It mean that OSSAMA BENLADEN is probably dead!
And even if he is not dead...
CIA/DIA NSA NRO and all US-MARONES and G.I.'s cant catch him...
CALL NOSTRADAMUS IN HELP !

AND REMEMBER THAT CIA/Men In Blacks MUST VERIFY TAPE AUTHENTICITY.

AU FAIT... I've learned english at school and in shool you learn better what you prefer ...

Originally posted by Gazrok
Nostradamus' quatrains were easier to decode...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ah!

The CIA have said "It's almost definitely" Osama on the tape

...almost definitely...that�s another way of saying "It's not definitely Osama" or "we can't tell if it's Osama" or "we don't know who is on the tape".

Which is what they would be saying if that suited the current line of propaganda. �Almost definitely� Christ on a bike� I say we should almost go to war then.

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by AlecMac]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Almost definitely means almost definitely. The tape is meaningless to me whether it's him or not. Doesn't prove anything other than UBL is giving his support to the Iraqi people. I don't think it proves any link, although to think there isn't one is pure naivety.

new topics

top topics

join