It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Predict US Financial Collapse in September

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1
As much as I would love to see a total collapse and end up having to live off the land and give up this cushy lifestyle for a life of survival and adventure... it ain't gonna happen!

America is too big to fail. We're at the top of the food chain. They keep saying there is going to be a "meltdown". Where? The lights are still on.

You've been listening to the main stream media for too long. Take time to look at what's happening in the real world. The is NO good economic news anywhere. if there is, please expose it. Our economy is running on borrowed time. It's extremely easy to see. So keep believing what the government tells you, or wake up, and start thinking for yourself. The clock is ticking, and the Fall of the year is coming. So keep watch.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Exmisltech you are spot on brother! You have your priorities absolutely right.

The best book on wild edibles is still the Peterson's field guide to wild edible plants. I own dozens of books on the subject and many contain mistakes or are often simply plagiarized directly from other sources

The only possible mistake in the Peterson's is about daylillys, the shoots of which MAY possibly be toxic according to chinese researchers. I don't have a recent printing fo the book so that may have been corrected.

Yes, mushrooms are a dangerous gamble and have little food value anyway

Your best wild food bets are Acorns, Rock tripe, Cattails and Grass seeds if they are not black or purple in color.

The other wild foods that are easiest to come by are- you ready? - worms, grasshoppers, crickets, larvae, mice and rats. Don"t knock 'till you've tried em! lol

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
... The only financial advice I can give is, .... find out which Stock Holdings Obama and his administration are funneling money into ...... and put a large chunk of your cash in them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I agree, here's a little more to widen the scope....

www.youtube.com...

If you couple this with reports that the military nationwide is running exercises and drills under orders from the DHS to better prepare us for Nuclear threats.

The plan seems to hinge on this ruse to corral us into FEMA Camps to be inoculated with the "VACCINE"...

It isn't a conspiracy.... it's an agenda.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This thread couldn't possibly get more off topic. We are supposed to be talking about an imminent collapse of the US financial system and instead the posts are about burying your feces.

The bottom line is, no matter what else you want to point at the US is hemorrhaging jobs at a very alarming rate and there is absolutely no sign that this is going to change no matter what kind of 'stimulus package' is put into effect. Until companies start to produce products and create jobs doing so things are going to go downhill badly. Is the US too big to fail? Yes, which only means that everyone else will fail too. A forced devaluation is great except it will push the (real) unemployment figures in North America from %15 to %30 overnight, if not worse. What then? Well, look at population density and do the math. 17,000 per square mile in San Fran, think military cordoning and riots around any kind of food relief. This problem isn't an economic one, it is an energy one and people are three square meals away from shooting each other over a bag of Doritos.

Things will drag on for the rest of the year, and then come Winter the news will get real quiet about the economy because there will be no way to bs us with 'green shoots' crap like they are getting away with now. Next Spring will see massive tent cities and the beginnings of social unrest as people start getting sick of being broke and out of a job.

Better start planting your gardens now folks - and building a big fence around it to keep the neighbours away. Never mind Swiss bank accounts, ammunition and seeds are the only way to survive the coming years. It will be hard, lean, and there will be a lot of suffering.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You can throw numbers around, and speculate until the excitement kills you, but in the end all of us who live in the real world know something like this just doesn't happen. We get our hopes up, we psyche each other out with posts and armchair rants and phony daydreams of how it'll go the second time around, but in the end a complete collapse is the worst thing that can happen to this country.

How easy it is to hope for countless people's lives to be shattered, to cling to so many negative ideas. Our society is structured around decadence and excess, this much we all know, but what about those that live humbly and enjoy what they have? The blue collar workers, the farming family that is finally making ends meet for the first time.

In an instant all they have is gone, we may dance in the streets and sing Revolution but this life is all some people know. Good people, who aren't hate mongering zombies of the main stream media. I know some people who don't even own a tv and work 17 hour days. Where do they fit into the grand vision of Washington in flames with the revolutionaries waving the American flag?

Please, all I ask is that some of you who seem to be so Hellbent on living to see the end of America as we know it to truly consider the citizens that you often speak for. I do not exclude myself from having these ideas, but if you take the time to really look around... where would you be without all of this in the first place?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotato.

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I never did understand why people insist removing your money from the bank when the collapse happens.

Why would you do such a thing if the dollar itself collapses? It's useless.

There's not much you can do, at all.

I'd rather it be worthless in my hands, than theirs..

Additional, for a brief amount of time, you can use the money to buy
a few things they may improve your odds of making it.

Also if you do not want them auctioning your property you will
need to pay your taxes, mortgage, etc.

You may want to top off your fuel tanks if you can find a station
that is not swamped.

You may want to . to the mill and buy some heirloom seeds,
better to have done it before hand, but maybe you will get lucky.

If you think the cities will be unsafe in a few week or less you might
want to buy some camping gear and survival gear.

It would have been better to have it in advance, but most ppl do
not believe this is about to happen, so they will wait til it falls on them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

I have been warning ppl for over a year here on ATS.

The writing was on the wall and Mr. perkins who wrote
confessions of an economic hitman warned ppl as well.

I do not revel in what is coming, but I am not going to
"think positive" and hope it all gets better.

The financial crisis is a contrived one to loot the treasury
on the way out the door, and to loot the retirement accounts
of ppl that do not realize the greatest bank robbery in the
history of the planet is occuring on a scale they cannot fathom.

Not only are they stealing our present day money, but they are
technically stealing our future money too.

That is the gravity of it, and the ppl will rise up and crush the
bastards that did it or they will run around like fools and we
will get great depression part 2.

The thieves in nice clothes are counting on the ppl of the world
to do the same thing as last time, and odds are they are right.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

Alas Teddy, i don't know how old you are but I turn 50 this year. I have been witness to the destruction of our country in slow motion since I first saw JFK get shot down. The country that I knew as America as a child simply doesnt exist anymore.

Oh, we have the same geography and Institutions with the same names but our national spirit and economy have been broken, twisted, stolen and disabused.

Our manufacturing base may be only 1/4 to 1/3 of what is once was at its peak.
We have gone from being the world's greatest lender to the worlds greatest debtor.
Our electoral process has become a sad mimcry of the real thing and we now blast our way into countries on the other side of the world in order to bring them "freedom" while stealing their resources and blowing innocents into tiny bits with remote control drones in hopes of getting one of the "bad guys".
What a farce! Since 9/11 the NWO has gone into high gear; gutting our economy, shredding the constitution, opening our borders to an unknown quantity of illegal immigrants so they can do the jobs that "Americans don't want".

I would LOVE a job but there are NONE.

Go a. and get your flu shot this fall and trust the government like they did back in 1976 and hope youre not one of the the 300 who died or 4,000 that were severly injured from the vaccine to a flu that only killed ONE PERSON.

THEY ARE BRINGING THE HAMMER DOWN NOW.

COG plans and underground facilities were made for a reason, one that we shall all see come to pass soon enough. You can bet one thing - all that preparation wasnt in case of nuclear war. If all the nukes went off there would be nothing left to come back and rule over except radioactive ash.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. History does indeed repeat itself but the highs are higher and the lows are lower as we progress forward.

This is the quiet war - waged with viruses and subliminal programming.

I HAVE GRANDCHILDREN! Do you think I'm wishing for a world-wide meltdown? No way Padre, life is too precious but the PTB do not care one iota for you, me or my grandchildren.

Evil is real, it is empowered and it walks the earth as if it were it's master. The end of a great age is upon us, it might be terrifying but it sure won't be boring!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Well, that sure was depressing reading your post.
I believe in America.
We will come out of this economic mess stronger than ever.
We have a few trump cards that are truly incredible.
Just hang there.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

As I said before we can debate and speculate and give each other guarantees about how were "Doomed to fall", but in the end it will not happen. I'm sure people said things very much like those that are being said now when you were younger. I ask you did the world end?

I will not be getting any flu shots this Fall, I never said that I was. You seem so eager to separate yourself from the "sheep" that you let logic fall to the wayside.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I like that warning about the flu shot.
Who knows what is in it?
Sounds like a Stargate SG-1 episode.
Everyone gets a bad case of the flu.
The aliens give everyone a flu shot cure.
Everyone gets better.
OOps! That flu shot also made everyone sterile.
After 100 years, the Earth is theirs! Everyone dies of old age.
Stealth takeover of the Earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I watched Bernake talk this morning, and he was asked if the rising unemployment, dropping housing prices, and dropping commercial real estate prices would create a perfect storm this fall.

Bernake replied that he did expected unemployment to peak this fall, and coincide with a rise in foreclosures.

Can't find video though.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
I watched Bernake talk this morning, and he was asked if the rising unemployment, dropping housing prices, and dropping commercial real estate prices would create a perfect storm this fall.

Bernake replied that he did expected unemployment to peak this fall, and coincide with a rise in foreclosures.

Can't find video though.

I found out how to create jobs.
Copy Dubai!
click herewww.ssqq.com...

Spend the stimulus on new cities.
$200 Billion each.
Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme
The US is too big to fail. You won't be allowed to fail because you'd drag everyone else down with you. All countries are interlinked now and the US will simply not be allowed to fail. There might be a heavy price but still everything will go on chugging well they work it out behind the scenes.

The U.S. is NOT TOO BIG TO FAIL!!!!!
Look around and what do you see?
I see factories shutting down.
I see department stores closing.
I see restaurants slowing down and some closing.
I see people unable to pay their mortgages.
I see people unable to buy food and other neccessities for their famlies.
I see american jobs being offshored to foreign countries.
I see americans having to train their foreign replacements or lose their
severance pay.
I hear liars stating that foreign workers do work americans won't.
I hear of some jobs, where americans need not apply.
What is really sad is that this is just the tip of the iceburg.The U.S. is
slowly being destroyed and too many people are too blind to see.
I wonder how much longer before the soup kitchens return,if not already?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I hear liars stating that foreign workers do work americans won't.

Pretty much what's happening to the country Singapore I live in. Government and media been spinning 1001 excuses about having immigrants/foreigners.

I worked closely with HR before. The mainstream media often brag about foreign workers/executives being more talented, hardworking and cheaper. ALL BIG LIES.

[edit on 7 25 2009 by wisdomnotemotion]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

THANKS FOR THIS.

Am sending to my email list.

There are also a surprising number of Christian prophetic sources saying something similar.

It almost seems like the word is getting out by all means remotely avalable.

Of course, the willfully blind will still walk cluelessly down the street whistling or 'rapping' ignorantly.

And those drinking OThuga's Kool Aid will continue to guzzle away . . .

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What I'm seeing is making me wonder just how much time we have left. I never thought I would live to see our great country falling like it is.
I know that there are those out there who want the U.S. brought down.I
keep hearing about a new world order.One world government,one world
religion and one world economy.
I think once the U.S. is out of the way,it will make it easier for those
individuals to get on with their agenda.Whenever the U.S. falls,either
economically,disaster,terrorism.....The demise of this country will effect
the whole world.As we fall,so shall others,domino effect.
I think the demise of the U.S. will be the catalyst needed to bring about
this new world order.The effect of our fall would destabilize the entire
global community.Then,those individuals,would take this opportunity to
unite the global community and rebuild it.This would then be the new world
order!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
And what are you going to do if all your paper money is worthless once you take it from the bank if the econ. is going to totally crash?

Well, nothing. Thats why this stuff is all garbage brother. If the USA crashes, your dollars are worthless..

And out of I believe the 17 recessions this country has been in, we have gotten out of all 17, so I will play the odds. Its always hard at "the bottom" but thats when the best opportunities come into play.

Depends what you mean by recover, if by recover you mean the Car park Attendants,
Cleaners funding Ferraris, Yaughts, Mansions for the Rich and Powerful as reward for a job well done,
then that's not a recovery. It's welfare for the Rich and Famous.

Well if all you are worth is a car park attendant that is all you are worth. I will say it again, we have had recessions before, we will have them again, we have gotten out of all 17 recessions (all for various reasons)

We are the most resilient country in the world, whether that be by means we would all agree with or not.

Also, it is not my fault if I can take advantage of someone weaker than me on the food chain. I work my ass of studying things for 10+ hours a day and I don't give a damn honestly if someone has not done their homework that is in front of me.

"Adapt or die" seems to be the motto over the past 10-15 years relating to the market and the economy as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you want to know what things will be like in the next 6-12 months, take a trip to Detroit some weekend. What you see in Detroit - massive unemployment (30% of the population lives below the poverty level), burned out houses, burned out buildings, gangs and drug pushers everywhere, decaying infrastructure, etc. - is exactly what will be knocking at your doorstep in due time.

Even the metro-Detroit suburbs are feeling the effects - food pantries and soup kitchens can't keep up with the demand.

Where will people work? We have shipped a good chunk of our manufacturing jobs overseas. GM still has to go through more layoffs. Unemployment is skyrocketing everywhere. Having a college degree from a major university is no longer enough to find yourself a decent wage in this country.

Let's see... Real estate in the tank, mortgage industry in the tank, home construction in the tank, automotive manufacturing in the tank, auto dealers closing everywhere, newspapers going bust, etc. Everywhere you turn you hear of companies preparing to file for bankruptcy if they haven't filed already.

The pundits say we'll become a "service economy" - What the heck does that mean? We'll all be waiters and waitresses, or work at a fast food joint?

Remember Ross Perot? And his comment about the "giant sucking sound" that will wipe out American jobs and send them overseas? Well, here it is, folks.

I wish Obama's administration would get off this darn healthcare fix and get on a JOBS kick. If people have good paying jobs, and high income, then paying for healthcare is less of a burden. The real root of the cause is a loss of good-paying jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join