It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Predict US Financial Collapse in September

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Eurisko asked me where I was going with all that gear - anywhere where people arent - deep in the bush as far away from others as possbile. Strangers may or not be "friendlies", its safer to just avoid the question altogether. this is where good camoflague and an understanding of mantracking and track evasion are very useful.

If you live in New Mexico it's a hotspot for deadly hantavirus which is transmitted by rodent feces. If there is no larger game to be had mice, rats and chipmunks can provide most of your meat needs. Just gut 'em and singe off the fur. Yummm.... Mousetraps can also be modified to make good path alarms for camp security (or boobytrap triggers), 'nuff said. My rugger 10/22 is for squirrels, rabbits, birds and even human oppponents if necessary (headshots only)

tim3Lord - yes! All my stuff fits in one medium a.l.i.c.e pack except my pistol that I keep in a leg holster. Altogether it weighs less than 50 lbs. Every ounce counts so alas - no tequila to go. BTW your mobius strip with ants is way too cool.

Bryanku, you asked what would I barter? FOOD!! I can nearly always obtain more than I can eat or store. Extra prescripton pain killers would aslo be in great demand.

Electric Universe - check my post again. item #2 was a PUR hiker model water filter plus I carry aquapure tabs. If i had the money I would spend the $300 for the really good katadyn models but at $80 the PUR hiker is the best value.
As for the crossbow they are considerable heavier than a bow and you are far more likely to lose your bolts than you will arrows. Additionally, you can make arrows in the wild - i'm not sure if you could make crossbow bolts without machine tools of some sort.
The wool poncho doubles as my coat AND blanket. the rain poncho shelter half is my rain gear AND tent. Mutiple use items save weight, bulk, and money.
Overall, I'm equipped to stay in my house as long as possible with plenty of canned goods, bottled water and vergetable seeds (non-hybrid seeds which produce viable seed instead of the stuff they sell at the supermarket which will only provid ONE crop) but should defending my home seem untenable it's time to hit the road - that failing, ditch the car and bike or walk to a predetermined rendezvous spot where you can meet friends and family. This is where prepostioning of supplies could prove to be a godsend. Groups attempting to live in the woods should break into smaller units of not more than 5 or 6 people, preferably 2 or 3. Avoid making fires as that can give away your position for miles around.
My maps are treated with a waterproofing solution but yes, it's still an excellent idea to have them bagged as well.
It's very gratifying to know that some folks are actually interested in this topic. It shows me that they are way ahead of the curve in thinking on how to deal with disaster. I for one have no intention of staying at HotelFEMA as a guest of the gov't. Perhaps that idea doesn't sit well with you either.
EVERTHING on my list combined is less than $1,000.00. for guns, clothes, etc. I have links for all the supplies listed and pictures as well if anyone is interested. Is there anyway to post pics here? I have taught survival skills to many law enforcement and marine corps scout/sniper school instructors and I will be glad to field any questions on the topic . thanks, Asktheanimals

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You will eventually need others for survival, unless you are a dentist, a doctor, an electrical, mechanical, and electronics engineer, etc, etc, etc.

Not to mention that if you break a leg, and you are alone that's as far as you are going to get.

You need to find either relatives who are like minded, or other individuals who are like minded, and can compliment your skills.

No one is a jack of all trades, no one.

Eventually you will need to set up a settlement, and you will need people with many different skills.

You can only survive for so long alone in the woods, and if something does happen to you no one will know where you are to help you out, so that's a bad idea.

It is better to find like minded people from the beginning, than having to guess who might or might not be friendly later on when TSHTF.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have a theory, ide like to share.. i remember reading last year, about an economic collapse comiing, here on ATS, and to be prepaired and organized. Soon enough, few months alter, recession started. Here we are, in the middle so far, fo a mess.
Suppose, i dunno, CIA, the FEDm pentagon, comes in ATS and reads this stuff. They now know, WE know, and others do..that they dont want. SO, this coming collapse, could be diverted and/or slowed down for alater time, when storys like this post here, die down. Get at what im thinking? They dont want it all to be obvious, taht scandelous Bernenke and paulson.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

If there's a crash how will you hold onto that land, esp. if there are crops on it.

Better to invest in guns and lots of them. The bigger,the better.

The U.S. is not too big to fail , but Obama's ego is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
And what are you going to do if all your paper money is worthless once you take it from the bank if the econ. is going to totally crash?

Well, nothing. Thats why this stuff is all garbage brother. If the USA crashes, your dollars are worthless..

And out of I believe the 17 recessions this country has been in, we have gotten out of all 17, so I will play the odds. Its always hard at "the bottom" but thats when the best opportunities come into play.

Depends what you mean by recover, if by recover you mean the Car park Attendants,
Cleaners funding Ferraris, Yaughts, Mansions for the Rich and Powerful as reward for a job well done,
then that's not a recovery. It's welfare for the Rich and Famous.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ok, I think that we got a little off track here. Instead of ‘survival in general’ let’s narrow it down to “economic survival” only if the U.S. dollar, or banks collapse and the government goes into default were it can’t repay its loans. How would one prepare for that??

Well IMO just like any investor knows not to put all of ‘their eggs in one basket’ a diversified monetary portfolio would be a must. Different stocks, bonds etc ok. Now have Gold and silver, ok. Money spread in different bank account's, ok. I have mine in one (U.S. government backed, ha ha ha) FDIC backed bank and a credit union by the way.

Now have some of your money in a different type of currency’s other then the U.S. dollar. I have read not to long ago that there were rumors that this is what many U.S. embassies are doing by the way to safe guard against a possible dollar collapse.

So then the question is what country?

Well, were do all the kings, queens, crooked politions, the TPTB and possibly some of the Illuminist keep their money?

I would say that they all have a Swiss bank account with their money in Swiss francs. If that is the case then what is good for the TPTB of the NWO then that's good enough for me also!

Just a question here, how many people in ATS have a Swiss bank account or other foreign account to safeguard there value of their money?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pluto64
Now have some of your money in a different type of currency’s other then the U.S. dollar. I have read not to long ago that there were rumors that this is what many U.S. embassies are doing by the way to safe guard against a possible dollar collapse.

So then the question is what country?

Well, were do all the kings, queens, crooked politions, the TPTB and possibly some of the Illuminist keep their money?

I would say that they all have a Swiss bank account with their money in Swiss francs. If that is the case then what is good for the TPTB of the NWO then that's good enough for me also!

Just a question here, how many people in ATS have a Swiss bank account or other foreign account to safeguard there value of their money?

A Swiss bank account? I wouldn't even know how to open a Swiss bank account. LOL And how would someone get Swiss currency? I wouldn't know where to begin.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. ALL independent thinking, freedom loving Americans need to arm themselves and heavily at that. There is a war coming and it's going to be our government as the enemy.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some good posts here.

This recession/depression is very unlike all the previous ones in that we had a large manufacturing base to fall back on in the past. That's almost totally gone now and there's basically no hope of the American auto industry even recovering, atleast in the forseeable future, unless the government decides to give the masses large checks to buy a car

Government stimulus money, without a strong domestic manufacturing base, will simply leave the country as the masses buy Chinese/foreign goods. Can't sustain an economy that way. It's very simple.

Can anyone tell me, where are these so-called large profits by Intel, the banks, etc. coming from if the economy is starting to 'rebound' right now (other than MSM misinformation or from the printing of money being dished out by the Fed or Treasury Dept?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You are absolutely right dude. i don't like to be alone for long periods of time myself. I wouldn't be alone - I have a wife. I also have a survival partner who I have trained with for 20 years and our skills complement each other nicely. he's an expert at things that I am not - manufacturing stone and bone tools, processing hides and furs and making bows and arrows from scratch. he's also an olmypic marksman to boot.

We have a small circle of friends who we plan to gather with when and if the time comes. Not only do we have a rendezvous point, we have alternates if the main one is compromised.

It would be my preference to live in a world with electricity and all the comforts that come with it, but you are right: no-one can do it alone and do everything. Even in aboriginal societies there were some folks who had a talent for healing, others were great hunters and someone probably excelled at stonework. Today's society has become so specialized however that we are losing our sense of the whole. This fragmentation is something TPTB have exploited to divide us psychologically as well as economically. All in all we're more the same than different and we must hang on to our common humanity or we all go ingloriously down the tubes together.
Should the SHTF we will have to rebuild the world again once the chaos finally dies down. Rebuilding trust between people who don't know each other will be the first and perhaps most difficult step but we will do it and hopefully remake the world into something where ALL people are valued for who and what they are instead of what we want them to be or think they SHOULD be. We are all one, expressions of the same divine creative spirit that made all life. That will be my creed anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you are looking at the apocalyptic type of survival then we had better hope it all falls apart very soon. Main thing is that you want as many survivor wannabes dying off in the winter. Of course, the ones that make it through will likely be harder to fight.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You're right about that Hantavirus. The CDC keeps an eagle eye
on that these days. The last outbreak was because of a long summer
that in turn caused an explosion in field mice population.
The CDC spoted and shut it down FAST.
They call it putting fires out.
During the 1800s the hantavirus would kill off indians and anyone else
in the wrong place at the wrong time. They just called it killed for"unknown" reasons back then. We have come a long ways since then.
Wikipedia has good info on it. -Knowledge is Power-

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
The last day of September ends the fiscal quarter. These numbers will not be good and possibly worse than we imagine.

I found it odd that the G20 also set up their meeting in September. This is something to worry about. These guys have a plan and the US dollar is on the line big time.

I'm still waiting for the "Bad Bank" to pop up. If BOA fails they all go down.

It only takes a few rumors for the short sellers to bet against the banks again.

I posted 348 banks set to tank in my earlier post on page one of this thread.

The lady high up at the FDIC also said that the number would be
more like 10 times what has already tanked which is 57.

So think 500 banks going poof.

Add in the bond debacle where the two japanese men are let go because
they did not have fake bonds, and you got a crash coming.

To make sure things go completely in the toilet they can also
wheel out the $1,000 trillion in derivatives and let them fly.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TypeSH2001
Can anyone tell me, where are these so-called large profits by Intel, the banks, etc. coming from if the economy is starting to 'rebound' right now (other than MSM misinformation or from the printing of money being dished out by the Fed or Treasury Dept?

Intel is international, so they are selling well overseas.

The bank stuff is funny money or tax payer money.

They also have not stopped the derivatives, though one brilliant
congress lady moved to ban the damn things finally.

The true coup of the derivatives is they can turn debt into an
asset and then hide the details of it over on the penny stock
market where the SEC cannot investigate it.

It smells like a re-run of 1929 from the bottom up.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Originally posted by Pluto64

A Swiss bank account? I wouldn't even know how to open a Swiss bank account. LOL And how would someone get Swiss currency? I wouldn't know where to begin.

The type of account that is being referred to is an account
with privacy, and those are not cheap.

Back in the 90's I think the minimum was $30,000 USD to open one,
and when I last checked shortly after 9-11 I think it was $50,000.

Don't take my word for it thou, the swiss banks have their info on their
sites and in these times they may have become a little more poor folk
friendly than they were in the past.

I am of the mind that survival items will be worth a fair bit at times too.

Caching is a good idea, hide it well, make sure you are not seen.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
They now know, WE know, and others do..that they dont want. SO, this coming collapse, could be diverted and/or slowed down for alater time, when storys like this post here, die down. Get at what im thinking? They dont want it all to be obvious, taht scandelous Bernenke and paulson.

Based on the links I posted on page one of this thread, it looks
like the mess is getting out of control for them.

Once the bond market tanks, and 100's of banks tank, and
100's of trillions in derivatives tank, the fat lady isn't even
gonna bother to sing maybe just gasp in horror.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What I find interesting is how Michelle Obama started the Victory Garden at the White House trying to set an example to anyone who is paying attention.

We may be in for more than financial woes in the coming months and years.

Financial problems can be adjusted to, but food shortages will cause far more civil panic than money bottoming out.

So while you are out there buying GAG@S remember to stock up on what will be more precious and desired above all else, non genetically modified, non hybridized seeds, seeds of destiny.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What I find interesting is how Michelle Obama started the Victory Garden at the White House trying to set an example to anyone who is paying attention.

We may be in for more than financial woes in the coming months and years.

Financial problems can be adjusted to, but food shortages will cause far more civil panic than money bottoming out.

So while you are out there buying GAG@S remember to stock up on what will be more precious and desired above all else, non genetically modified, non hybridized seeds, seeds of destiny.

I mentioned this exact thing in one of my old posts months ago.

This is some of the best advice that can be given.

The core four:

1) Water
2) Shelter
3) Food
4) Self Defense

Another thing that ppl did during the depression was learn that some
of the so called weeds are actually edible like lambs quarter and
dandelions and many more.

There is a wild edibles guide on amazon and I recommend it.

Just don't bother with any mushrooms, and you might skip any
of the plants the have close look alikes that are poison.

Cache some food,seeds, defense items, if you get robbed or burned out,
if you have some more hidden elsewhere you will be ok.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Because i'm a new member (but long time reader) I cannot create a new thread, but I feel this is very important info for all you people who do believe tough times are ahead.

One thing i have not seen a thread about yet is the very urgent need to quit any addiction one may have. May it be alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, sugar or anything like this.

Fact is, if your body/brain is used to get a daily dose of something, and all of the suden it is no longer available, you will enter a state of withdraw, which will affect the way you think and your ability to deside!

This can be a very,very bad thing in case you need to think!

I myself quit smoking not long ago, and let me tell you, the first week, I could not think, I was unable to concentrate, and for about 14 days i felt very sick!

- I would be in big trouble if I on top of all of this, also would be under stress/shock, and had to make a wise decision my life would depent upon!

Anyone who feel like this post may require a place in a seperate thread, feel free to steal whatever from this post

Sorry if this issue have already been discussed, and for bad english

[edit on 20-7-2009 by bshadow]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I never did understand why people insist removing your money from the bank when the collapse happens.

Why would you do such a thing if the dollar itself collapses? It's useless.

There's not much you can do, at all.

I'd rather it be worthless in my hands, than theirs..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join