It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I keep hearing about it, but nothing ever happens. When's it going to happen? I'm tired of waiting.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
depends what your idea of the end is really
if anyone tells you they know for certain when the end will be , you can be certain they don't know what they are talking about

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the song says it best...Its the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. For me the days of having money to blow have come to an end...there are new ends and new beginnings ever moment of every day....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I dont think its anything to get anxious about. Many evil things will be destroyed, and good things liberated but there will be a very harsh time inbetween. I think its something to prepare for, not wait around and look for, there are alot of things people will regret when their oppurtunities are gone. We should be very thankful for whatever time we have left to work.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
funny thing about the end... once its here, we wont be able to tell all about it. so why rush it?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
After every sunset comes the darkness and after every night comes the sunrise and the light. At the end of every day a chapter is closed, and at the beginning of every day a new chapter is begun. Such is the cycle of life.

There are lots of Ends but none of them are THE End. For the next 6 Billion years or so, the sun will continue to rise at the dawn of each day. Really, we needn't be in a rush for THE End to get here as we probably will have become extinct long before them, or moved on to greener pastures before our Cosmic Foreclosure happens and we are forcibly evicted from the Earth by means of an expanding Super Giant.

People have foreseen the End Times since the Dawn of Man. 200,000 years later we are still here and the End Times haven't happened yet as foreseen over and over and over. You'd think that by now humans would have gotten a clue and stopped fretting over such silly things, but they haven't. Humans are just as dense as they are fatalistic, or so it would seem.

Although I have no room to talk. Every day I tell myself "If I have to endure one more Apocalyptic Rant I'm going to either turn homicidal or suicidal." However, each and every time I never do either. I guess that puts me in the same boat as the Apocalyptics foreseeing their End Times "coming to a theatre near you this Friday...wait, it's Saturday now...my bad...coming to a theatre near you next Friday...oh wait, maybe I read that passage wrong...coming to a theatre near you tomorrow...darn, I was certain that it was going to happen *THIS* time...maybe the week after?"

To be honest, at this point in time, I would be willing to wager that the day that we don't hear a single Apocalyptic Prophecy of Imminent Unavoidable Doom and Gloom will be the true sign that the End Times are nigh.

(But what do I know? I'm obviously not prophetic like everyone else on ATS.)

[edit on 19-7-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I think you're talking of REM, hehe I can't help but remember the priceless moment Peter Griffin sang the song in his stroke form lol.

Don't worry it wil happen, 50/50 chance it will, right now as Michio kaku likes to state, we are at a crtical moment, whether we make it completely into the transition to a type 1 species, or we fail on the worst degree and become extinct, or a fail evolution and return to a primitive state, which is not all that impossible.

The end I believe, personally IMHO, will happen soon enough, the odds are highly againsts us.

1) Religious extremists, gettin a hold of WOMD, and blowing everything to bits, in retaliation of us also destroying it all.
2) Asteroid impact corroding the ozone.
3) Viral- Airborne infection which causes extreme death, which is so terrible those who don't have it will kill themselves being grateful that they died anyother way then the disease
4)GRB- which is just a few seconds and we are all gone.
5) Nanorobot, which confuses itself in a programming error to dissassamble all carbon atoms eek! And replicating, turning the world into a grey oblivion.
Etc, etc, etc.

If we didn't hit an end, that'd be incredibly awesome!

Chances are we will become extinct.

But chances are your idea of an end, assuming you live in a priveledge country such as USA or The UK etc. Is a economic collapse, or a country where if a woman is raped it's a blessing she wasn't killed as well.

Noone can really tell you when we are all screwed, we can only pinpoints certain moments we were being screwed.

We can find a asteroid with a collision course to earth destined for Dec 21 2012, and be astounded that the predictions are right.

Only to find that on October 21st 2012 some random country starts firing off nukes, and we all retaliate destroying the whole world, before the asteroid hits!

You never know. Just know if it's the end, what does it really matter, you're back to were you came from nothing, and you're atoms will surely be reused.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The end is when you die. It's also when you go to sleep every night.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Heat Death:

The heat death is a possible final state of the universe, in which it has "run down" to a state of no thermodynamic free energy to sustain motion or life. In physical terms, it has reached maximum entropy.

Black holes give off radiation. The largest black holes known currently will survive for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000,000,000 years (I'm not kidding). So, in a worst case scenario, that is your maximum time left.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Heat Death:

The heat death is a possible final state of the universe, in which it has "run down" to a state of no thermodynamic free energy to sustain motion or life. In physical terms, it has reached maximum entropy.

Black holes give off radiation. The largest black holes known currently will survive for 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000,000,000 years (I'm not kidding). So, in a worst case scenario, that is your maximum time left.

that is incredibly depressing.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Heat Death:

Give or take a year right.

Well then ultimately we're all screwed.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
okay,

I don't know what your asking exactly, but interesting. If your feeling suicidal, then I'm not the one to help... As I'd encourage anyone....Just me.

Now, should you be talking about the PTB murdering people, I don't think everything is going in favor of the normally thought of PTB...Group B is winning.

The end with the thought process of a new age? Hey, there ya go! A bright day on the horizon, and I think that's coming soon. Around 2012. Good Luck, and travels!

star, and flag to you

join