It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP sources: Taliban video shows captive US soldier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The story dissappeared because the Taliban didn't torture or kill him like we've all been conditioned to believe they would. This event didn't fit into the constant lies spouted by western media and so the story had to disappear down the rabbit hole. If they could have used it to portray the Taliban as barbarians and vicious extremists it would have been focused on 24 hours day.

Most simply cannot deal with the fact that it's America and the west who are the aggressors in these wars. It's the west that is invading countries and oppressing people. It's the west that is torturing and bombing innocents. It's the west that imprisons and mistreats without charges. Wake up the evil ones are the west and their murderous militaries.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floating thru Reality
Most simply cannot deal with the fact that it's America and the west who are the aggressors in these wars. It's the west that is invading countries and oppressing people. It's the west that is torturing and bombing innocents. It's the west that imprisons and mistreats without charges. Wake up the evil ones are the west and their murderous militaries.

Please spare us this tripe!

It was the Taliban and their buddy that decided to bomb the WTC and hijack American airplanes. It was AL Qaeda that decided to Bomb targets in Britain and that tried to blow up the USS Cole.

We are there because they started the war and we plan to finish it by destroying everything they believe in.

They should be grateful we didnt wipe their entire nation from the face of this earth and that we actually bothered to pull these savages into the modern age and bring them civilization and democracy.

Why dont YOU wake the hell up and open your eyes. Stop smoking your crack and clear your head to see the world for what it is.

People like you need to be taken to africa or Afghanistan and left there without any food or money at the mercy of those around you. If you survive a week it would be a miracle! Only then will you realize the relative paradise that you live in the West.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

It was the Taliban and their buddy that decided to bomb the WTC and hijack American airplanes. It was AL Qaeda that decided to Bomb targets in Britain. It was the Taliban that tried to blow up the USS Cole.

You ARE kidding right? I mean seriously, you need to pull your head out of what ever orifice it has become lodged in and see the light, because you are making some serious allegations without a single iota of proof.

9/11 was almost certainly an inside job, as was 7/7 and the aims were to make people think like you do. I didn't think anyone believed the 'official' story these days, but sadly it seems you still do.

Sleep well, double check under your bed because there might be an afghan terrorist under it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

It was the Taliban and their buddy that decided to bomb the WTC and hijack American airplanes. It was AL Qaeda that decided to Bomb targets in Britain. It was the Taliban that tried to blow up the USS Cole.

You ARE kidding right? I mean seriously, you need to pull your head out of what ever orifice it has become lodged in and see the light, because you are making some serious allegations without a single iota of proof.

9/11 was almost certainly an inside job, as was 7/7 and the aims were to make people think like you do. I didn't think anyone believed the 'official' story these days, but sadly it seems you still do.

Sleep well, double check under your bed because there might be an afghan terrorist under it.

Another Nut !!

Can any of you people provide even 1 word of evidence towards deranged theories ? Your sort have only expended terabytes of space on Forums like this engaging in idle speculation and feeding off each other's paranoia and delusions.

What "offical story" ?? I was there in NYC when planes slammed into buildings! I dont need some pubescent semi literate kid on the internet to tell me what the facts are!

I'll start believing your cock-eyed BS when your kind brings some concrete evidence that substantiates your delusions.

I wont waste energy to entertain any more of your kind's delusions!

[edit on 2-8-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The story dissappeared because the Taliban didn't torture or kill him like we've all been conditioned to believe they would.

Give them time.

Really? You mean that the Taliban brought freedom to the people of Afghanistan? How about doing a quick search on how the Taliben treat women? Open your eyes a bit before you start running your suck.

Also, check out the fun-filled activities the Taliban were engaged in on 8 Aug 1998 in Mazar-i-Sharif; they figured that the Taliban killed about 8000 people there. Just a little ethnic cleansing.

The Taliban was harboring Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden. They didn't want to duff him up, so NATO went in and kicked them to the curb.

And when it comes to the bombing of innocents, how's this grab you:

unama.unmissions.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

What can I say, we have a soldier captured and now displayed on the internet, who know's his fate will he go the way the way many have before him? God I pray not my thoughts are with him and his family back here in the states I wish for him mercy from his captors that he may see home once again. His captors may find mercy in their hearts that staves off brutality, my heart breaks for the soldier.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The Afghanistan Mujahideen has code of conduct now so you don't need to worry. And I advice everyone not to refer to them as Taliban, that is a propagative measure because the people who toppled the Russians were the Mujahideen and if Afghans find out, they will all jump in to the battle against the occupying force, and they have every right to do so. Similarly if Afghans somehow manage to invade America and implement Sharia just like you guys are implementing Democracy and Capitalism in Afghanistan, you have every right to take arm and fight.

American = Scared.. I have news from relatives that more and more people are joining the fight, America can't blame the Pakistani Taliban anymore because their hideouts have been bombed by the Pakistani military.

That is exactly why they are talking about the people, winning the hearts of the people, and trust me the only people who can win the heart of Afghan people are the Mujahideen.

Good luck America, hopefully you end up like USSR.

[edit on 063131p://31b8 by Ownification]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Another Nut !!

A nice insult. This further ruins your arguement.

Can any of you people provide even 1 word of evidence towards deranged theories ? Your sort have only expended terabytes of space on Forums like this engaging in idle speculation and feeding off each other's paranoia and delusions.

You have no idea what my 'theories' are. And just exactly what do you mean by my sort? A sweeping generalisation is never good when trying to defend your arguement.

What "offical story" ?? I was there in NYC when planes slammed into buildings! I dont need some pubescent semi literate kid on the internet to tell me what the facts are!

If you have no idea what the official story is, then i suggest you go back and read eight years worth or reports, articles etc... Although you don't need me to tell you how to use the internet.

So because you were in NYC when the planes hit, this is 100% set in stone is it? Sorry but that's rather naff.

Oh and i'm probably older than yourself.

I'll start believing your cock-eyed BS when your kind brings some concrete evidence that substantiates your delusions.

Likewise. Provide me with some proof that Al-Queda commited those acts.

I wont waste energy to entertain any more of your kind's delusions!

A good idea. You save your energy for your own gullible ideas.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Initially, they said this guy wandered off the FOB and was rolled up by the Taliban. Now, he's saying he fell behind on a patrol.

I tend to believe the first story. I doubt a patrol leader would leave behind a guy, or "forget" he was there.

Right now, I bet this Soldier is hoping the Taliban kill him, since the punishment that his 1st Sgt will be giving him will be 100 times worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join