It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP sources: Taliban video shows captive US soldier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

AP sources: Taliban video shows captive US soldier

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The American soldier who went missing June 30 from his base in eastern Afghanistan and was later confirmed to have been captured, appeared on a video posted Saturday to a Web site by the Taliban.

Two U.S. defense officials confirmed to The Associated Press that the man in the video is the captured soldier. The video provides the first glimpse the public has had of the missing soldier.

The soldier is shown in the 28-minute video with his head shaved and the start of a beard. He is sitting and dressed in a nondescript, gray outfit. Early in the video one of his captors holds
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What can I say, we have a soldier captured and now displayed on the internet, who know's his fate will he go the way the way many have before him? God I pray not my thoughts are with him and his family back here in the states I wish for him mercy from his captors that he may see home once again. His captors may find mercy in their hearts that staves off brutality, my heart breaks for the soldier.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh man, this is really sad and I dont like to hear about this. These people are BARBARIANS.

I will pray for this man. This is horrible.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Oh man, this is really sad and I dont like to hear about this. These people are BARBARIANS.

Peace.

So the women, children and husbands who are going to weddings and being bombed to oblivian are barbarric?

What do you call the people who are killing them with unmanned drones?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Peace.

So the women, children and husbands who are going to weddings and being bombed to oblivian are barbarric?

I am a marine and these people also killed my sister in the war, I'm not going to sit here and defend those people. These particular people are TERRORISTS.

I care about my own people more than ANYONE in the middle east,

And if youd read my signature youd see im anti war (Atleast nowadays)...

Show some respect. You know NOTHING about me.

Peace!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

And if youd read my signature youd see im anti war...

Show some respect.

you called these people Barbarrians which in itself shows no respect.

You do not have to agree or disagree with war to show repect, in fact if we had more respect in this world there would be less war.
Sorry for your loss, but those who join the military do so with the knowledge that they may die.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

And if youd read my signature youd see im anti war...

Show some respect.

you called these people Barbarrians which in itself shows no respect.

You do not have to agree or disagree with war to show repect, in fact if we had more respect in this world there would be less war.
Sorry for your loss, but those who join the military do so with the knowledge that they may die.

Ummm I'm not calling everyone in the middle east barbarians. Just the terrorists and these people who have this soldier. And yes I agree the US government is evil too...

And please dont even mention my sister or I. You dont why we joined the marines (we had a HARD LIFE and joined to get some discipline). We werent born with silver spoons in our mouths and perfect lives, like a lot of anti marine liberals are.

Believe me I REGRET letting her join, I dont need you rubbing it in my face...

Peace!

[edit on 19-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Im gonna catch allot of flak for this,and at this point I realy dont care
but
My own blood before anothers..

take it as you will..

No response so no use quoting me..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I still do not see where you showed me a difference between unmanned drones killing civillians and soldiers holding captives?
Is the US soldier having his genitles electricuted?
is he being water tortured?
is he just being shot because of someone having a bad day?

He is still alive as far as anyone can tell,
Here is a real big question.

Can you prove it is the Taliban who have him captive or Mossad?
some would sugest that the US knew about 9/11 and some even suggest that some had a hand in it.
using this logic that innocent civillians where sacrificed to go to an unjust war, why would they think more of just 1 soldier?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Tbh I probably agree with you on a lot... I just get angry when someone says something I perceive as disrespectful to us soldiers...

Do you seriously think there are no terrorists and that islamic people dont hate us? Because if you do you are wrong...

I'm sick of people thinking the US is the only evil in the world...

peace

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

BTW I think 911 was a inside job, BUT the taliban did take credit for it....

I think you will find they where accused and never took credit for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

BTW I think 911 was a inside job, BUT the taliban did take credit for it....

I think you will find they where accused and never took credit for it.

This thread isnt for this debate...

I noticed you have said no kind words at all for this captive soldier (which is what the thread is about)... I take offense to that. Do you not care about him? That shows me the kind of person you are....

I personally care for my own people more than any middle eastern person being tortured...

I cant believe you said they arent torturing him. You think hes having fun? You think they are treating him well? I have been over there, you havent, these people want to do HORRIBLE things to us and they do.

Anyways this is depressing, I'm done here. Dont even respond..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Maybe they could do some kind of prisoner exchange to get the soldier back. If he is released I hope they reassign him stateside, seems like he could use a break.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Taliban are playing this real cool too. Notice the soldier is being taken care of, he's being fed, I saw no bruising or injuries(at least not obvious ones). This is going to be one hell of a propaganda fight.

abcnews.go.com...

video

[edit on 19-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Oh please, give me a break!

First of all, most of these reports of so called 'civilian' deaths is nothing but propaganda but forth by the terrorists because they realize that the weak minded and gullible like yourself will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Secondly, perhaps these terrorists should not use such a cowardly and barbaric defensive strategy as to hide in and have bases in the civilian community.

Don't come crying to me when a civilian might get killed because you are hiding in their house.

[edit on 7/19/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Diligent Anti-Terrorism Agents .

Even Hitler was a son, a husband and a friend to many. Do you think he should have been forgiven because of his various familial roles ?

The age, sex and familial relations are irrelevant in dispensing justice to those who perpetuate barbarism and violence.

Children who carry weapons for terrorists as human mules, women who hide their terrorist husbands and his friends in their homes with the their children and husbands who make RDX and blow themselves up are all equal before the impartial justice of a laser guided bomb's detonator.

Will driving a knife through their neck instead of bomb from an unmanned drone be more just or more humane ?

Misguided humanity and sympathetic platitudes are not a valid excuse for the crimes of terrorists and their enablers.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
huh...I see the propaganda is already working it's polarization powers.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Can you prove it is the Taliban who have him captive or Mossad?
some would sugest that the US knew about 9/11 and some even suggest that some had a hand in it.
using this logic that innocent civillians where sacrificed to go to an unjust war, why would they think more of just 1 soldier?

Al Jazeerra has stated that their journalist got the video from a Taliban commander in Afghanistan. That is proof for the Taliban can you provide any proof that it was Mossad ? Also the choice between Mossad and Taliban demonstrates a clearly negatively biased opinion of Mossad and by extension Israel and Jews.

There is no logic in the myth that the US government or agencies had any part in 9.11.2001 so the question sacrificing soldiers and civilians is moot.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I fear this is not going to end well for this soldier, who is being held by the Taliban.

Mind you the taliban might shock everyone by releasing him.

But knowing in them, they will put forward demands, if those demands are not complied with, they will torture and behead him.

My thoughts go out to his family at this time.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is about two weeks later and I haven't heard what became of the soldier.

Was he released? Given up for dead?

Somewhere on the news it was suggested that the prisoner was a defector. From the news footage I saw it looked like he either had Stockholm Syndrome or he was fearing for his life, so I conclude he was captured and did not run away to join the Taliban.

Any new news?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join