It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Councilman sent brazenly racist Obama e-mails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

In the past several months Atwater City Councilman Gary Frago has sent at least a half-dozen e-mails to city staff and other prominent community members containing racist jokes aimed at President Barack Obama, his wife and black people in general.

In all, the Sun-Star obtained seven e-mails that Frago sent from October 2008 to February 2009 from an anonymous source.

Some compared Obama to O.J. Simpson while others suggested that "'n-word' rigs" should now be called "presidential solutions."

Source Link: www.mercedsunstar.com...

I am curious if the new Hate Crime Bill that just passed the Senate will apply in this case once the news hits the White House? I have to admit that the Palin joke was a bit funny tho..

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A Noble Cause

Councilman Frago should be commended for proving beyond all doubt that an IQ can, in fact, be negative.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Frago admitted sending the e-mails, but showed no regret. "If they're from me, then I sent them," he said. "I have no disrespect for the president or anybody, they weren't meant in any bad way or harm."

that actually made me laugh. another sign of how stupid can our elected officials are.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Can you post some the email that was sent?
We'll be the judge if they were funny/racist.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I thought the two they mentioned were funny. I really liked the last one about Palin and Michelle Obama.

Funny is funny.

They were his personal email accounts so no action should be taken.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Obviously somebody he sent them to had an axe to grind or they wouldn't have gotten out. It still bugs the crap out of me that our emails are protected under any privacy acts on the books. They have so many it must be lol...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
the protections of us law are only extended to us citizens.

Obama is not a us citizen so these protections are not granted to him.

see here we go again a bunch of liberals targeting freedom of speech and trying to strip of us of our rights to be americans. I was born in the land of liberty and cant stand the direction our country is going in when people liek obama become president. hes not even american or a republican!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
was legal action being taken? or is it just being shown that this guy is a complete moron.

either way, if youre a politician DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO AVOID SCANDAL.

Even if its stupid mass email jokes that are racist. actually, posting on this site would probably be political death for anyone, just judging by some of the insanity here sometimes. (regarding both things that actually are insane and just things the public would construe as insane)

ps: run for your life! a president who isnt a republican! i demand an impeachment now! democracy is a LIE when it doesnt work my way 100% of the time!

new topics

top topics

join