It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science behind Ghosts/Demons/Angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I ran across this interesting article today. I do not agree fully with it, but it would explain a ton of things regarding the paranormal. It seems that melatonin produced in the pineal gland can also be a contributing reason why some people see "Ghosts". Among many other psychological things that can cause visions of "God", demons, angels etc..

neuro.psychiatryonline.org...

I plea the 5th on this subject, as some people choose to believe in the paranormal as some means of Faith or whatever.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have known melatonin to induce very vivid dreams.

But this doesn't explain concrete experiences of these things. I've had plenty of experiences where material objects were affected.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I have also had experiences that say contrary to science. But none of it is repeatable or testable so I have serious doubts some times. The mind is a tricky place.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

HI Mr. Toodles,

Anyone developing their psychic abilities will know that the development of the pineal gland is essential raising their level of abilities. It appears to be linked to the "third eye" which is where the 'visions' come from. Whether this is to do with the level of melatonin is beyond me but it may give a scientific reason why some people can communicate with and see the spirit realm and others can't.

Kind regards,

Dobbie

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I have also had experiences that say contrary to science. But none of it is repeatable or testable so I have serious doubts some times. The mind is a tricky place.

I definitely agree that the mind is a tricky place!

But when something material is affected, and I can go back later and look at the effect, then I can say that this came from outside my mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

Yep. That's precisely what it is. In that article is the science behind the pineal gland and a possible skeptics explanation as to why these "Visions" occur. I will do more research into the psycho-chemical reasons behind telepathy and remote vision and what not.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, the good news for all the paranormal believers is that I have failed to find anything regarding Remote viewing or telepathy. There is plenty out there but nothing that can describe what causes it to happen in the brain.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Me and my brother saw a ghost (for lack of a better word) when I was about 12 and he was about 16. Your theory wouldn't explain that as there are two witnesses. Also, I have found others on the internet who have seen basically the same thing. I don't know of any natural explanations for what we saw, but if I did I would be the first to tell you.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

what I didn't post was MY theory on what ghosts are. Cause it is just a theory and the title of the thread suggests a scientist backed theory and research.

But, I will voice my opinion now. I believe ghosts tie into the quantum multiverse theory. I believe it possible that the veil between two realities can sometimes be thin and they can temporarily overlap. What you might see as a ghost, may simply be an alternate version of yourself or someone else in another reality that occupies the same space. Who is to say that the OTHER reality does not experiece US as ghosts?

This is my THEORY! nothing more. I have no evidence to it nor do I claim it to be fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Sorry, my apologies for associating you with your cited article. It really wasn't my attention.

I do believe it was possible it was some inter-dimensional being. But I have no frame of reference as such as I have never seen a ghost or an inter-dimensional being apart from this one experience, and don't really have a true way of categorizing it.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
These subjects can be touchy within my mind. I have a hard time deciding whether to post certain things under paranormal or science or metaphysics. In my mind they are all one in the same.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting thread! I can only tell you what my grandchildren, my son, and what I. saw, .....all in the same day! My two grandchildren came running to me one morning, yelling, " There is ghost in the house, we saw it in the living room." I went in there and saw nothing.
Later that day, I was reading in my room, when I saw this small lady in black silk pajamas with red embroidery on the edge of the blouse, go by my door. Startled to see some stranger in the house ,I got up and saw her again, go around the hall door. I turned the corner and saw no one!!! I told my son I had just seen a ghost and he said he had just seen one on the back porch.
So.. I ask my son to write on paper what he saw and I ask each of the grandchildren separately what they saw.
We all saw the same thing, a small lady dressed in black.
I can't explain why we all saw this lady , but I do know I saw her and so did my family at different times.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwize
Interesting thread! I can only tell you what my grandchildren, my son, and what I. saw, .....all in the same day! My two grandchildren came running to me one morning, yelling, " There is ghost in the house, we saw it in the living room." I went in there and saw nothing.
Later that day, I was reading in my room, when I saw this small lady in black silk pajamas with red embroidery on the edge of the blouse, go by my door. Startled to see some stranger in the house ,I got up and saw her again, go around the hall door. I turned the corner and saw no one!!! I told my son I had just seen a ghost and he said he had just seen one on the back porch.
So.. I ask my son to write on paper what he saw and I ask each of the grandchildren separately what they saw.
We all saw the same thing, a small lady dressed in black.
I can't explain why we all saw this lady , but I do know I saw her and so did my family at different times.

That is very interesting indeed.

Something I would point out is that someone recently posted a thread about how faith and quantum physics are the same. That is basically the gist of all my threads on these types of subjects.

I believe it to be highly possible that the "Ghost" you and your family all witnessed, might simply be signs of a weakened barrier between realities. Perhaps one where your family did not live in that house and some small lady wearing black pajamas does.

Could be lots of other things as well. Like, if the Ghost saw YOU as a ghost from their perspective and thought you guys were the dead ones.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Since my last post on here, I have talked to a few people that admitted they had seen ghosts or something they could not explain. Most were reluctant to talk at first. People hate being ridiculed, so many do not want to talk up on the subject.
I was surprised to hear some really strange happenings to these people. Their stories go into the Twilight Zone. I don't know how to make sense of it all.
Thanks, for the reply to my post, sounds logical.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

new topics

top topics

join