It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with so many end of mankind movies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Whats with so many end of humanity/mankind movies?
Im looking through some movies that just recently came out and lots of them have to do with end of humans or atleast 98% of them? Whats with all the sudden rise of those movies. Heres a few I will name.

Knowing
Pandorum
'9'
The Road
District 9
Daybreakers
Zombieland
Mutant Chronicles

There was a couple more its just that I cant remember them. Ill try to find more and keep adding them on.

Are they trying to tell us something, or is it just a new thing for Hollywood to make money?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Geolion1]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Geolion1

A little from colum A and a little from colum B

Hollywood will try and cash in on anything which is popular and in the culture at the time.
TPTB will cash in on anything to advance their own agenda.
remember that what is popular now has slowly been introduced to us to make it appear even more real than it is.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing actually, there is alot. Its hard to tell why though. Could be because its the interest of alot of people in this day and age with the whole 2012 thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hi, film fans.

About the question "Whats with so many end. . ."

Do you think it could have to do with the good or VERY bad taste
of the masses ?
Look at the TV. I can't believe that morons watch the other morons
on the "Big brother" series ! ! What kind of "taste" is THAT ?

I have NO problem with the end of good films like:
The good old "ET" ( phone home ),
"Cocoon", "2001", and "2010", "Close encounter of the 3rd kind" . . .

"Knowing", i$ one I will NOT bother to $ee ! !

EDIT to add: I forgot to say:
When you have seen the film of my signature's first line,
some "type" of films become boring, for you. . .

Blue skies.

[edit on 2009/7/18 by C-JEAN]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well hollywood loves to surf on the free marketing waves that goes around. The economic collapse and the mayan prophecies make it attractive for them to do some end of days movie. I know many people like to say that there are "disclosures" in films but I really think that the films are made so that the public will like it, thus they talk about peoples' fantasies more than reality.
One thing is sure: hollywood knows its customers.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It sells! People love doom and gloom and you know Hollywood will cash in on that.....

Personally 2012 previews scared the crap out of me. I literally had 2 nightmares because of it. I dont know why a preview scared me it was just really unsettling.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's like in the late 20's and early 30's. Hollywood jumped on the criminal element. Sci fi became hot in the early 60's. We got Star Trek, among other less profitable shows. Moon Base Alpha? anyone? lol. Hollywood doesn't create this stuff. It feeds of it. And then other people jump on the bandwagon. You get a John Dillenger who reads the stuff that people write, and watches the movies, and then he acts it all out, and then feeds more people the "stuff".

I was in high school in the late 60's and early 70's. I watched movies in school. They were so funny! One was about the madness caused by coc aine and another one, the horrors of marijuana use. What did this cause me to do? Try the stuff. It was all so funny.

What am I saying? Hollywood takes the things that happen, and then makes a big deal out of it, and then it becomes a reality for more people. But Hollywood doesn't start it. It's already there.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I read somewhere that "fear is not from God". A lot of these topics create fear. And, dare I say, fear is a prime component in control. Be entertained and move on. Stuff will happen, to be sure, but I think there are strong reasons to be only observers of the events. Wish it was easier said than done...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

Yes, objectivity is the answer, but not just for events, thoughts as well. It's important to remember that events are caused by thoughts in the first place. In other words, without thoughts, there is no event. Subjective attitude may lead to deception, or any other emotion that you can think of, and that causes a loss of energy and insecurity whitin the mind.

There is, however, a deeper occult reason for the "End of times" movies coming out these days. The purpose is to awaken lots of people on probabilities, and to raise the level of consciousness. Also, it's part of the manipulation of the mind, that stems from the astrality (duality) of the human conscience.

Of course, the only one that profits financially from this is the movie industry.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't say there are that many, just look at what's coming out for the rest of the year...

None of these are end of world bollocks...this is only a small amount.

Planet 51

Toy Story 3D
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel
The Informant
Julie & Julia
Inglourious Basterds
Taking Woodstock
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

Frankly with these doom and gloom stuff. No wonder DVD sales are down in Hollywood.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by greenfruit]

[edit on 18-7-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Geolion1

This may have been answered. But isn't it obvious? With this whole 2012 thing on peoples minds it is a marketing plan by the movie makers and a clever one. These are my favorite genre of movies so I hope they keep them coming.

They did the same thing in the late 90's with the coming of the year 2000, with Armegeddon, Deep Impact, and others.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What's with it? It's simple: there are producers and investors who think such films will be profitable.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I agree with many that fear sells. The PTB have to do what makes money. Sure, at some level the print it, but at the lower real level it equates to sweat equity.... Which can be stolen.

I'm sure many are just low budget b movies. Other low budget b's, and the definitely the A's are geared at 'educating' us that we are going to be culled, and soon!

star, and flag

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
People like to watch that type of movie.

Armagedon
Deep Impact
The Day After Tommorow
Al Gores Documentary on Global Warming.

The list goes on and on and on. It really isn't anything new. Every few years we get a rush of doom and gloom movies and then we get a break from it only to have them pop up again.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I read a book a while ago called "The Wisdom of Crowds" (sorry can't remember author ATM) which concerned this sort of thing, in a way. I suppose you could say that its "in the ether". Collective unconcious perhaps?

Add to this other media, such as Discovery channel's "The Colony", the news unable to stop talking about the swine flu "pandemic" (using WHO guidelines, the common cold is a deadly pandemic...) and one of my favourite games, Fallout 3!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I thought the movie "2012 - Seeking Closure" had a very interesting theme. Not touted along with all of the other movies but looked pretty good. It doesn't concentrate on special effects but more on what we would do if we found out we only had a few hours to live. How would we reconcile our lives.

top topics

join